SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > Where did some of grocery staples go? ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Where did some of grocery staples go?
Looking for the tried & true but they are gone!
tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 3:38 PM

I am just wondering where did some of the staples go that I used to buy often at the store. Anyone else notice this? Now we are stuck with pricey organic substitutes.
Where did ...........Spic N Span ......... Snowy Bleach....... 20 Mule Team Borax....... Dermasage dish detergent in the yellow container that was not so hard on hands.......... Mix N stir powder milk........ there are others but just wondered as these have been favorites for a long time....

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<
Mittee birthday 10/5/2009, The Baby 11/2/2000

Oh my..here we go again, no job...Sighing allot..almost 3 months & counting ...

Home to Hello Kitty Kate, Hello Kitty Valerie, Dottie Kenmore

Coconuts
star
Coconuts  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 12/2/09
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 4:00 PM

20 Mule Team Borax is still available at Target. They've updated the packaging (it's a white with blue box now), but it's there.

mamafitz
starstarstar
mamafitz
Wisconsin USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to tgm and Kittys

Date: 1/24/12 4:01 PM

i only recognize the borax, and it's still there, at target for sure, and probably at larger grocery stores. never heard of the others.

------
Linda

Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves, and of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys, they’d just walk around naked at all times.
-- Betsey Johnson

http://mamafitz.blogspot.com

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 4:07 PM

I have to go to Walgreen's for things like Original Palmolive for dishes, the original Safeguard soap with no additional added scents. Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel (doesn't set off my nose or hubbie's skin) is getting harder to find. The house brand at CVS in a very similar container seems to be the same product.

I'm also finding that the stores farther away from the city are more reliable in finding specific older type products that we rely on.

Our Target is becoming more focused on house brands and large bulk packaged items.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 4:22 PM

20 Mule team borax and Spick n Span are still available in my area. The large chain grocery stores carry them. I think Snowy is there also, but I'll have to check.
You might try a different store from your usual. I shop at a store that is part of the Kroger chain, so they may have it in your area.

I did just buy some Spik n Span, but haven't used it yet. Several years ago, they seemed to have "improved" it so much that it didn't do as good a job as it usually did, but I'm giving it another chance! After several years of the Swifter stuff, my kitchen floor is extremely yellow!
--------
Look at what I found at Amazon...
Dermassage
They may have other items also, but it is still being made. If the rest of your family likes it, you might do a joint order!
-- Edited on 1/24/12 4:27 PM --

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 4:34 PM

The spic n span and powdered milk is at my Sack-N-save...and it's where I bought them yesterday.

ShantiSeamstressing
star
ShantiSeamstressing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/11/10
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 6:04 PM

I can still get the SpicNSpan and the 20 Mule Team borax at my local grocery store.

Mom to 5
star
Mom to 5
Beginner
Maryland USA
Member since 2/5/09
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 6:25 PM

I make a lot of my own cleaning products/concoctions... Id go crazy if Walmart stopped carrying 20 Mule Team Borax, Arm & Hammer washing soda or Fels Naptha soap

------
http://mamazsewingescapadez.blogspot.com/

kkkkaty
starstarstar
kkkkaty  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Utah USA
Member since 12/7/05
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 7:30 PM

Mix and stir is available at Costco

------
Viking Lily 545
Viking Ruby
Bernina Activa 210
Brother 1034d

lkmbpk
lkmbpk
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 12/28/09
Send Message

Date: 1/24/12 8:56 PM

Spic and Span liquid is available at Walmart online. I didn't even know they made it in a liquid. I guess it's been a while since I bought it.

------
Doo-doo-DOO-doo, Doo-doo-DOO-doo......
You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Internet!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Where did some of grocery staples go?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Class Details

Online Class
Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Class Details

Vogue Patterns 8742

photo
by: Gecko

Review
The City Bag

The City Bag

More Info
Perfect Pouches

Perfect Pouches

More Info
New Look 6601

photo
by: Jemajyng

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.