SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Got my first mystery bundle ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Got my first mystery bundle
happy with what I got
halleyscomet
starstarstar
halleyscomet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 3/27/07
Send Message

Date: 1/28/12 7:59 PM

I've never ordered a mystery bundle from FabricMart so I thought I'd give it a try. I got it really quickly. There's a nice black knit, a nice teal and black striped knit, a rather sheer black with tiny white polka dot some kind of polyester, I think, a funky big print that I would never use and a navy polyester type fabric that to me is more of a lining. Overall, for the money I'm pretty pleased with what I got.

Sauvage
star
Sauvage  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 7/22/09
Send Message

Date: 1/28/12 10:26 PM

Ooo. I just ordered one along with some sale wools. I'll try to remember to report as well.

(Teal and black would be perfect for me....)

------
Jeanne
2014 yards in inventory: (to be counted)
Yards cut/sewn:58
Yards purchased: 46.3

"People....so much bigger on the inside." Doctor Who, "The Doctor's Wife," 6.04, by Neil Gaiman.

Skittl1321
star
Skittl1321
Advanced Beginner
Iowa USA
Member since 9/9/07
Send Message

Date: 2/9/12 7:58 PM

Thought I would bump up this thread rather than post a new one. I got MY first mystery bundle today. Before ordering it, I spent a lot of time combing through threads about them wondering if I'd be happy with it. Fabric Mart put them half off- so I got 2 10 yard bundles for $15. I am VERY happy with what I got. A single piece of the quilting cotton they sent me (and I'm a quilter) would cost that retail...

I detailed (well, sort of a lot of it is unknown) what I got here.

A few of the wool cuts are too small to use, one of the fabrics is awful, the bright yellow WAY too bright, but mostly, this is good stuff.

I also got the $15 twenty-five invisible zipper bundle, they sent me 27!
-- Edited on 2/9/12 8:03 PM --

sewinggeek
star
sewinggeek  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Colorado USA
Member since 1/26/06
Send Message

Date: 2/9/12 8:17 PM

Someday that bright yellow will be perfect for something. Something for a child, a costume, the lining of something. It will have its use.

PattiH

------
PattiH
Brother 4000D, Brother 650Q, Brother 1034D, Kenmore 117-841, Kenmore 158-1040, Franklin, Singers: 15-91, 66, 221

Sewnsewmom
star
Sewnsewmom
Advanced Beginner
Member since 7/31/08
Send Message

Date: 2/9/12 8:23 PM

Now you all have me curious. I've never ordered from this company before. What size samples do they give? Is there enough to sew a garment with?

Thanks!

Skittl1321
star
Skittl1321
Advanced Beginner
Iowa USA
Member since 9/9/07
Send Message

Date: 2/9/12 8:25 PM

The fabric cuts are all between 0.5 and 1.5 yards.

For me, this is enough for almost all tops, and some skirts.

There are some of the cuts I won't be able to find a use for - half a yard of wool for example, but then half a yard of a stretch knit can be a shirt.

My bundles were half price- $7.50 for 10 yards, so even being able to use one piece of fabric would make it worth it. At $15 for 10 yards, it is a bit pricier than I'm willing to gamble on. But if you buy $75 a lot of time (like now) they run a free mystery bundle special.

minggiddylooloo
star
minggiddylooloo  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 5/17/05
Send Message

Date: 2/9/12 8:55 PM

Lucky you, I recognize the Anna Maria Horner fabric you got in your bundle! :)

------
I'm finally a blogger!
sewming.blogspot.com

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 2/9/12 8:56 PM

I prefer the 10 yard cuts, and generally buy those. Out of the last 6 I've got, only 2 of the fabrics were awful for me (but my mom loved them).

Skittl1321
star
Skittl1321
Advanced Beginner
Iowa USA
Member since 9/9/07
Send Message

In reply to minggiddylooloo

Date: 2/9/12 9:25 PM

Quote: minggiddylooloo
Lucky you, I recognize the Anna Maria Horner fabric you got in your bundle! :)

At retail price that piece of fabric alone covers the full cost of both bundles...
allycovey
star
allycovey  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Arkansas USA
Member since 11/16/07
Send Message

Date: 2/10/12 12:01 PM

I am afraid to order the 10 yd with minimum of .5 yards I already have plenty of .5 yard peices I don't know what to do with. They used to have a bundle with minumum 1 yard peices and up to three I liked that one at least I can make something out of everything they send.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Got my first mystery bundle

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Class Details

Online Class
Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Class Details

No Pattern Used Quick Pencil Case

photo
by: MariannaSe...

Review
Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

More Info
Bluegingerdoll Odette Dress Paper Pattern

Bluegingerdoll Odette Dress Paper Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.