SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Pattern companies with boutique patterns for tweens? ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Pattern companies with boutique patterns for tweens?
hibernialass
hibernialass
Advanced
Member since 1/24/12
Send Message

Date: 2/6/12 2:18 PM

Hello! I have been looking for boutique patterns to make clothes for my daughter and am disappointed in the fact that there are TONS of these patterns out there for little girls, but not so many size 7 and up. My daughter wears a 7 now. I was wondering if any of you could guide me toward some pattern companies with boutique-looking patterns for big girls/tweens? Any and all help is most appreciated!

diane s
star
diane s  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 2/6/12 9:49 PM

Have you ever used a Farbenmix pattern, they have the boutique look.
They're from Germany and go up to size 12.
A nice way to test the waters is with their book,
'Sewing Clothes Kids Love' It includes 10 patterns and lots of color photos. I found my copy at Joanns.
Here's a shop that carries their patterns and lots of others
Banberry Place

------
My grandmother taught me to sew when I was 10, and I've been sewing ever since.

hibernialass
hibernialass
Advanced
Member since 1/24/12
Send Message

In reply to diane s

Date: 2/6/12 9:59 PM

Thanks so much! I've never tried any of their patterns but will definitely look for the book you recommend. I greatly appreciate it!

Sandra T
Sandra T
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/12/05
Send Message

In reply to hibernialass

Date: 2/6/12 10:03 PM

You might want to take a look at Jalie patterns. Each pattern contains from toddler to adult sizes.

jenleeC
starstar
jenleeC  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Western Australia Australia
Member since 6/4/11
Send Message

In reply to hibernialass

Date: 2/6/12 10:11 PM

There is a recent thread entitled "The Tween Dilemma" and there are lots of good suggestions there so I will direct you to that thread rather than repeat here! Personally I have found some of the McCalls and Burda patterns to be a bit more fashion forward for tweens once they move beyond the 'little girl' styles. I have made McCalls 6275, Burda 9516 and a scaled down version of the top from McCalls 6287 with success for my 11 year old. These are not 'boutique' companies of course, but I find my DD likes the styles. Some of the boutique company patterns are gorgeous but just too frilly for her tastes. Recently I made a simple Circle skirt for DD that was a great success and very easy to do. HTH

-- Edited on 2/6/12 10:13 PM --

-- Edited on 2/6/12 10:14 PM --

------
Jenny, Perth, WA

hibernialass
hibernialass
Advanced
Member since 1/24/12
Send Message

In reply to Sandra T

Date: 2/7/12 11:33 AM

Thanks very much! I'm starting a list... =)

hibernialass
hibernialass
Advanced
Member since 1/24/12
Send Message

In reply to jenleeC

Date: 2/7/12 11:34 AM

Thank you so much for linking to the other thread and for all your great suggestions! I appreciate it so very much. I'm really excited now and trying to avoid smacking down $100 for patterns in one big shopping spree now. lol! Thanks again!

hibernialass
hibernialass
Advanced
Member since 1/24/12
Send Message

In reply to diane s

Date: 2/7/12 11:45 AM

Diane, F.Y.I., I checked out the site that you linked and the Farbenmix patterns were good, but I also LOVED the Abacadabra patterns there, which will also fit. I haven't had a chance to look at others yet, but I wanted to thank you again. I'm so excited and relieved. =)

Kathi R
star
Kathi R
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 2/28/05
PR Weekend Volunteer
Send Message

Date: 2/7/12 11:53 AM

Take a look at Oliver + S --- I just bought 3 of their patterns and I just love the details.

------
2012 : starting stash 386, net additions 206, used 164, ending stash 428...I'm never going to get in front of this pile of fabric!

hibernialass
hibernialass
Advanced
Member since 1/24/12
Send Message

Date: 2/7/12 12:49 PM

Thanks, Kathi. I had seen the Oliver + S patterns and showed them to my daughter, but she felt like they were too plain. She really likes the more funky, boutique-looking styles. This is not to say that all her clothes are funky, etc. But she likes it when the things that mama sews for her make her go WOW! lol!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Pattern companies with boutique patterns for tweens?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Simplicity 5914

photo
by: demoiselle

Review
Victoria Jones Collection Child's Hawaiian Muumuu Dress or Nightgown

Victoria Jones Collection Child's Hawaiian Muumuu Dress or Nightgown

Buy Now
Favorite Things Hope Skirts Pattern

Favorite Things Hope Skirts Pattern

Buy Now
McCall's 5353

photo
by: atymonw

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.