SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > What do I want for Valentine's day? ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
What do I want for Valentine's day?
NhiHuynh
starstarstar
NhiHuynh
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/4/11
Send Message

Date: 2/8/12 1:19 AM

My bf asked me what I wanted for Valentine's day. hmm good question. I've got plenty of fabric and patterns. Decent enough sewing machine, serger and coverstitch machine. Any good sewing related suggestions??

------
I finally have a blog. www.detectivehoundstooth.com :)

hazelnut
star
hazelnut  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 1/7/09
Send Message

In reply to NhiHuynh

Date: 2/8/12 2:57 AM

Since your looking for ideas...hmm, since I finally have a good iron, I would love a good set of metal design styling rulers... or rolls of swedish tracing paper.... or great marking pens or chalk pens and waxed coloured tracing sheets that actually worked *well* with a tracing wheel.....or a good book and DVD.....or a stack of stretch twin & triple needles in different sizes, as I'm always breaking them. Sorry, but I'm terribly practical when it comes to gifts.

petro
starstarstar
petro  Friend of PR
Advanced
France
Member since 6/24/07
Send Message

Date: 2/8/12 3:56 AM

How about a decent length of a beautiful red silk or velvet? Preferably wrapped around a box of chocs.

------
http://patternpandemonium.wordpress.com/

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to NhiHuynh

Date: 2/8/12 7:18 AM

I already got one Valentines gift which was very unexpected from a friend.. Was so touched that she cared enough to go out of her way to send it to me.. It came on one of those days I really needed a pick me up.... So I say there is no better gift than true friendship on Valentines Day..
Although red velvet wrapped around chocolates would have been a great gift too..

EleanorSews
star
EleanorSews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 7/26/07
Board Moderator
Send Message

In reply to petro

Date: 2/8/12 8:13 AM

Quote: petro
How about a decent length of a beautiful red silk or velvet? Preferably wrapped around a box of chocs.

I vote for this suggestion ~ going more for the silk but whatever... Sounds lovely to me.

------
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anais Nin

"Attitude is the difference between an adventure and an ordeal." unknown

blessedtosew
star
blessedtosew
Intermediate
Alabama USA
Member since 4/16/08
Send Message

Date: 2/8/12 10:22 AM

I already got two new pairs of shoes. I am not allowed to wear them until Valentine's day, though, I had to go ahead and get them because they were on sale.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to NhiHuynh

Date: 2/8/12 11:02 AM

What about a trip to a fashion museum. Or, go see a romantic old movie at some movie festival, a dinner/movie place, or your living room. Keep your sketch pad handy.

A patio lunch in a people watching neighborhood? See if there are any design combinations that are intriguing?

Something to bring music into your sewing space?

Threads Archival DVD?

Electronic sketch pad like a Waacom Bamboo?

Netflix - don't laugh - I've been enjoying having Netflix on the ipad when I work on the computer or in the sewing room. It is more than just tv shows and movies.

An evening alone with no phone, no smart phone, no texting, no emails --- no sewing

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

NhiHuynh
starstarstar
NhiHuynh
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/4/11
Send Message

Subject: What do I want for Valentines day? Date: 2/8/12 1:18 PM

So many great suggestions. I could probably use a steam iron. I only have a dry one at the moment. More fabric and chocolate is always needed. I love shoes but rarely find a size 5 in stores anymore. You should see the horridly pink, shiny silver and more pink children's running shoes I bought recently out of desperation. A trip to a fashion museum would be great. Even greater if they let me touch the stuff. a7yrstitch I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime that has video streaming and occasionally watch the Suze Orman show free on iTunes. Love catching up on show while sewing. I was also thinking of a subscription to Burda magazine. Oh the choices.

------
I finally have a blog. www.detectivehoundstooth.com :)

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Subject: What do I want for Valentines day? Date: 2/8/12 2:30 PM

I got an engagement ring. I think my guy is tired of the sewing stuff. lol

I did ask for a Burda sub, but as he says, I don't use the ones I have now.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

Date: 2/8/12 4:58 PM

Elaina, What a great gift! And, what a great plan; there is at least one other PR member who will want to wear a fellow out/down with sewing gifts.

All fun aside, congratulations.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> What do I want for Valentine's day?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Simplicity 3902

photo
by: norsk

Review
Katy Bags

Katy Bags

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Bell Sleeve Wrap & A-Line Skirt

Christine Jonson Bell Sleeve Wrap & A-Line Skirt

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.