SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > Technical tips for using an iron ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Technical tips for using an iron
poorpigling, Lynn might be able to help ...
jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
Texas USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

Date: 2/11/12 9:34 AM

Did you know, plugging an iron in helps to turn it on so it would heat up? Who knew???

poorpigling, surely Lynn will open up a coffee shop on the side so we can have MORE COFFEE to remember these technical details on a Saturday morning, yes?

------
Evelyn: Pfaff Creative Performance
Helen V: Babylock Companion BL1550

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to jynclr

Date: 2/11/12 9:36 AM

I'm sorry -- explain this again? Thx!

jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
Texas USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00

Date: 2/11/12 9:57 AM

Well, let me see if I can help.

There's this black cord that hangs off the iron - well, on my model it's a black cord. What model iron do you have? Do you have the manual to your iron?

------

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to jynclr

Date: 2/11/12 10:01 AM

Got it, got it!

You know, this is also true of the blender. I push and push that button but it seems that it works better if you stick that black tail into the two little slots in your wall.

You have to look all over for the slots.

Mariyka
Mariyka
Intermediate
Member since 8/10/10
Send Message

Date: 2/11/12 10:15 AM

I figured that out (took a while), but now how do I keep my glasses from steaming up when it gets all hot?

jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
Texas USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00

Date: 2/11/12 10:16 AM

OMG. ALL. THOSE. BUTTONS. on the blender! I'm TELLING you! BTW, I just can't seem to chop my onions straight. I think the housing developer that built my house cheaped out. I only have ONE of those slots on EACH WALL of my office!

Boy, some companies are all about profit!

------

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to jynclr

Date: 2/11/12 10:41 AM

Sorry, don't have that problem.. but those serger strips can sure put a damper on your computer booting up.. if you don't remember you turned them off to save electricity..
I have one TV that just won't shut off no matter what.. its unplugged when not in use. And yes.. I forget that when I try to turn it on. Its the little complications in our lives that make us go nuts you know.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to jynclr

Date: 2/11/12 10:44 AM

DID you know.. if you forget to put a coffee filter in the coffee pot.. you will be drinking coffee grounds.

This morning I forgot to put the lid on the coffee pot.. the plastic piece that allows the coffee to drip down.. Came back to find a nice mixture of coffee grounds and coffee all over my counter. Then I rinsed it all off.. and tried again.. forgetting the darn filter as the parts were in the sink from being rinsed off.

THE MORAL of this story is.. Don't try to make coffee until you have already drank some coffee.

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to poorpigling

Date: 2/11/12 11:17 AM

On a similar note, if you fail to put a tea bag into the cup with the hot water, nothing happens! The hot water just stays there! When you get back to it, it will be a little cooler, but the color of the tea will still be as clear as plain water!

j.

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 2/11/12 11:20 AM

Silly sewing people. This is why I have a treadle. I don't have tails to mess with. :)

This morning I did discover that if you forget to leave the big heater on in the living room that will heat the whole house up, water pipes freeze. So you can't make a mess with the blenders or coffee pots.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Technical tips for using an iron

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2008-103

photo
by: yummymummy...

Review
Favorite Things The Frayed Jacket Pattern

Favorite Things The Frayed Jacket Pattern

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Waterfall Pattern Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Waterfall Pattern Pattern

Buy Now
Deer&Doe Blouse Airelle

photo
by: bimbleandp...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.