SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Lady Mary's blouse ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Lady Mary's blouse
Folkwear Armistace Blouse
USMCMom
star
USMCMom  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 7/26/06
Send Message

Date: 2/15/12 10:46 PM

If anyone else's eye was caught by the blouse Mary was wearing in the most recent DA episode when she was caring for her mother, I think the Folkwear Armistace Blouse (210) is a very close match. And they have another pattern called Edwardian Underthings that have some dishy things, too.

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
online now
Send Message

In reply to USMCMom

Date: 2/16/12 11:44 AM

I have seen several made up versions of the Armistice Blouse that are very pretty indeed. It goes well with jeans, surprisingly.

AdaH
star
AdaH  Friend of PR
Intermediate
IA USA
Member since 11/21/09
Send Message

In reply to USMCMom

Date: 2/16/12 2:09 PM

I love that blouse. I bought it a long time ago but never made it.

------
Ada

sewme47
star
sewme47
Intermediate
IL USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

Date: 2/16/12 7:32 PM

I think it's so pretty! That pattern would be a great way to show off my heirloom sewing skills, but then, where would I wear such a fancy blouse??

------
A balanced diet is a cupcake in each hand.

marec
starstarstarstar
marec  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/11/08
Send Message

Date: 2/16/12 7:46 PM

Here is the link. I think this is a style which can be worn with pants or a skirt. I think it is gorgeous.....if I wear it, will I be tall and slim? nope, sadly.

What is "drawn thread work"?
-- Edited on 2/16/12 7:47 PM --

------
my blog: http://kf-biblioblog.blogspot.com/
Sewing through my pattern stash-145
completed.

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
online now
Send Message

In reply to marec

Date: 2/16/12 8:31 PM

Drawn thread work

It really isn't difficult at all, and touches of it here and there are quite pretty.

Plantwizard
star
Plantwizard
Intermediate
OR USA
Member since 2/14/03
Send Message

Date: 2/16/12 11:25 PM

I made this blouse eons, and more pounds than I want to think, ago. I think I was in my twenties so we're talking around 30 years ago. I used linen for the body and for the collar and possibly cuffs I used either parts of a linen tablecloth or napkins cut so the embroidered edges formed the edges of the collar. Kind of a cheater way to get an embroidered collar.

Years ago an heirloom sewing magazine (probably Sew Beautiful but I'm not certain) made a sleeveless version with heirloom laces. I think the pattern has lots of possibilities for creative sewing. I still have the pattern but now I'd have to mess with all kinds of alterations which I didn't have to do back in the good old days.

Jan

marec
starstarstarstar
marec  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/11/08
Send Message

In reply to Elona

Date: 2/17/12 11:52 PM

Elona, thank you. It is pretty, and would be a wonderful addition to a blouse.

------
my blog: http://kf-biblioblog.blogspot.com/
Sewing through my pattern stash-145
completed.

USMCMom
star
USMCMom  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 7/26/06
Send Message

In reply to sewme47

Date: 2/25/12 12:31 PM

I don't think it necessarily will be "fancy", although the one on TV certainly is. Helps to have a lady's maidI can see it working for a more casual occasion in a nice lightweight chambray or a Liberty of London type print and trimmed with less elaborate lace

bakertoo
star
bakertoo
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 12/26/08
Send Message

Subject: Lady Marys blouse Date: 2/25/12 12:41 PM

That is a pretty blouse. I just bought the Folkwear Walking Skirt Pattern, #209, and I am so excited to make it, and wear it. It is a longer skirt, and I am a shorter person, 5"4', so I am a little worried about what length it should be, but I am going to find the perfect linen, and make it. At the fabric store I bought the pattern in, at Lady Lynns, in Olympia, she had one made out of velvet, and the drape was so pretty, and fell so elegantly with the weight of the velvet. She said she also had one made out of brocade, and that sounds beautiful also. I would wear that too! I love those Folkwear patterns.
Happy sewing to you all!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Lady Mary's blouse

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

SewBaby Travel Nappers Pattern

SewBaby Travel Nappers Pattern

Buy Now
Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Buy Now
Butterick 4466

photo
by: twotoast

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.