SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Web site Talk > Atlanta Thread ( Moderated by Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Atlanta Thread
acquired by Wawak Sewing Supplies
Trinity.
starstar
Trinity.
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 10/9/05
Send Message

Date: 2/28/12 9:47 AM

I haven't done any business with WAWAK, but I've ordered a fair amount of supplies from Atlanta Thread. Mostly buttons and zippers and thread, but I also bought my dress form from them this past Christmas.

I called Atlanta Thread today wondering why my order from the 23rd hadn't shipped yet, and found out they had been acquired by WAWAK.

Sadly, WAWAK is not going to honor my order for 1 gross each of three different kinds of shirt buttons. Customer service, who was very nice and polite by the way, informed me that I had to either buy the buttons by the dozen or buy 2 gross. Neither option appealed to me, since by-the-dozen is too few and too expensive and 2 gross is simply too many buttons to store away.

And besides, I placed a valid order and I'm a little miffed that they're not going to honor it.

I cancelled my order. They were nice and polite about that, too.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone who might have a pending order for Atlanta Thread...
-- Edited on 2/28/12 9:48 AM --

------
Trinity

http://thimblesthreadsandneedles.blogspot.com/

Sewliz
star
Sewliz  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 6/22/04
Send Message

In reply to Trinity.

Date: 2/28/12 11:04 AM

That's the saddest news ever. Atlanta Thread was one of my favorite stores for mail order.

Is Wawak related to Cleaners Supply?

------
Liz

thefittinglife.blogspot.com

minggiddylooloo
star
minggiddylooloo  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 5/17/05
Send Message

Date: 2/28/12 11:19 AM

I just ordered something yesterday from ATS and found out they are now part of Wawak. I think they are related to Cleaner Supply, like a west coast division, their websites look very very similar at least. That sucks they won't honor your last order... there were some poor customer service threads about ATS a few weeks ago, at least the people you had to deal with were polite.

I also liked ATS, I used to compare their stock with Cleaner Supply and went with whoever had the better deal. I bought some zippers yesterday at really great prices. This will be interesting to see how things will change.

------
I'm finally a blogger!
sewming.blogspot.com

Warbler
star
Warbler  Friend of PR
Advanced
Vermont USA
Member since 4/15/07
Send Message

In reply to Trinity.
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 2/29/12 11:19 PM

This is terrible news... I loved ATS. This explains why I have had a newsletter or catalogue from them in some time.

------
Janome MC6600 Bernina 240 Juki MO735 Singer 201-2 Singer 221-1

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

Date: 3/1/12 6:55 AM

The Cleaner's and Wawak websites do look similar. I called them on 3/7/12 and learned Cleaner's acquired Wawak. But Cleaner's shipping rate ($3.83) is less expensive than Wawak;s ($4.89).

I've placed many orders with Cleaner's Supply over the years, and I've always been happy with their prices, selection and customer service. .

-- Edited on 3/1/12 6:57 AM --
-- Edited on 3/7/12 8:22 AM --

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

Trinity.
starstar
Trinity.
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 10/9/05
Send Message

Date: 3/1/12 10:30 PM

Thanks Nancy. This is good to know. I've never ordered from Cleaner's Supply, but since I'm looking for a new place to buy buttons I may just giver them a try.

------
Trinity

Sanibelle
star
Sanibelle  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
International GERMANY
Member since 5/27/03
Send Message

Date: 3/2/12 5:00 AM

That's terrible that they're not honoring orders that were placed with Atlanta Thread.

I've only placed one order so far with Wawak, but my experience with their customer service was excellent.

Whenever I visit family in the States, I do a lot of online ordering to be sent to them. Many US companies won't accept foreign orders, even if they're being shipped within the US. Wawak was very helpful when I couldn't place the order on their site, and even followed up by calling my mother to see if it had gotten to her in time. A question that I had about an item I was ordering was answered quickly and thoroughly. It has only been one order so far, but based on that experience, I'd buy from them again.

I hope they've read the comments here and can find a way to honor the Atlanta Thread orders. Whatever it might cost them dollarwise now would surely pay off in the long run.

4u2cme
star
4u2cme  Friend of PR
Intermediate
North Carolina USA
Member since 1/12/05
Send Message

Date: 3/5/12 0:10 AM

I have ordered many times from Cleaner's Supply and I am very happy with the company. They have always replaced damaged or missing items very promptly with out any hesitation. I highly recommend Cleaner's Supply. I have never dealt with WAWAK.

Trinity.
starstar
Trinity.
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 10/9/05
Send Message

Date: 3/12/12 3:13 PM

An update on my experience with WAWAK.

Hmmm. I got a surprise package on my doorstep this morning. WAWAK sent me the order that they told me weeks ago couldn't be fulfilled which I then cancelled.

They upgraded some of the polyester buttons I ordered to mother of pearl and threw in a couple of cookies as well :-) At no charge. The enclosed invoice reads $0 due, and there's been no charge to my credit card.

Um. Wow. Few companies these days care that much about keeping their customers. I'll be forwarding them a thank you note and probably getting a catalog.

------
Trinity

Invisigal
Invisigal
Intermediate
Member since 11/7/09
Send Message

Date: 3/12/12 6:38 PM

Trinity, that's fantastic. I'm so glad to hear that.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Web site Talk >> Atlanta Thread

Merchants on PR

So Vintage Patterns

Thank You for Joining!
Deals!

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Class Details

Online Class
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Class Details

Sew Liberated The Emmeline Apron

Sew Liberated The Emmeline Apron

More Info
Sewing Workshop Urban T-Shirt & Pants Pattern

Sewing Workshop Urban T-Shirt & Pants Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.