SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers > Babylock Evolution ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Babylock Evolution
Newest Babylock Serger
ChantillyDreams
ChantillyDreams  Friend of PR
Advanced
NY
Member since 11/26/11
Send Message

Date: 3/3/12 3:19 PM

My wonderful hubby just surprised me with my birthday gift (I'm a Patty's Day baby) -- a Babylock Evolution Serger! I am thrilled! This puppy can serge with up to eight threads and overlocks and serged in one step. It also uses advanced air jet threading which allows one to thread all three loopers at once. It also does all kinds of amazing stitches. It's on order, and I can barely wait 'til it's here. We're buying from a local dealer named Pieceful Quilting, and they will give me lifetime training. He spoke with Tina, and she couldn't have been more helpful. We're going to pick it up on the 13th. How lucky can one get?

------
Dorothy Arnold
Proprietress
Sew Chateau Fashion Sewing School
http://www.sewchateau.com
and
Chantilly Dreams
Antique & Vintage Lace and Fashion
www.chantillydreams.com

Betakin
star
Betakin
Advanced
AZ USA
Member since 4/22/04
Send Message

In reply to ChantillyDreams

Date: 3/3/12 3:59 PM

Wow! What a nice hubby. Your birthday is St. Paddy's Day..hey..I will be celebrating with you..lol..I am Irish.
I hope you will have a very happy birthday and I know you will love that nice serger.

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 3/3/12 5:09 PM

Congratulations! It is a fantastic serger. I adore mine.

Happy early Birthday!

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

emmyhonan
emmyhonan
Member since 9/1/06
Send Message

Date: 3/3/12 7:43 PM

You will love your new serger. Happy Birthday and my mom's was the 17th and, of course, her name was Patricia.

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
CA
Member since 12/30/11
online now
Send Message

Date: 3/4/12 0:39 AM

Hi, I just brought mine home and set it up today. Even just out of the box, I've been able to get 3-thread and 4-thread overlock, narrow hem, and rolled hem all beautiful and right away. No toying with tensions and pulling out hair in frustration as in former serger days. Tomorrow on to the cover stitches. I wish you the best and do keep us posted on your progress. So exciting, plus what a wonderful husband you have.

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

Baychel3
Baychel3
Intermediate
MA USA
Member since 1/21/10
Send Message

Date: 3/4/12 10:29 AM

How wonderful that your husband was so thoughtful!
I bought mine almost a year ago, and love playing with its almost endless possibilities. So easy to use and play with! I know you'll have years of joy with this fabulous machine!

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
OH USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

Subject: Baby lock Evolution Date: 3/4/12 10:37 AM

Tacony ships from Fenton, MO. When it arrives at the store, have the staff open it. Set it up and run it through the features.

Keeping the packaging should be optional. I have never kept mine.

------
I dont give them Hell, I just tell the truth about them and they think its Hell. Harry Truman

"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

RLL
RLL  Friend of PR
Intermediate
GA USA
Member since 2/23/05
Send Message

Date: 3/4/12 1:06 PM

I have a wonderful hubby also as he bought me one last month. I love it! It does everything and I still havn't figured it all out. I took one class for the overlock part already and am scheduled for another this month for the chainstitch and coverstitch part. The air threading and auto tension is worth every penny!

Betakin
star
Betakin
Advanced
AZ USA
Member since 4/22/04
Send Message

In reply to RLL

Date: 3/4/12 7:21 PM

RLL, congrats to you too having a new serger from such a nice hubby. You are going to enjoy figuring it out. The little beasts are surprising in all that they can do.

Some serger techniques besides overlocking and cover hem include flatlocking, rolled hem, blind hem, ruffles including fishline ruffles, deco flatlocking combined with chain and coverstitches, double bound edges, serger lace and fringes and serger chain tassels, application of beads, ribbon, elastics and lace, pin tucks, shirring and gathering and even couching, binding, picot edges and tuck and roll and needle wrapped edges, mock flat felled seams, serge piping and soooo much more.
You can even do serged applique and cut work, serged bound button holes and even zipper application done by serger that I have not tried and prefer to do by machine.

Sergers are so much fun..have fun. Have fun using many different threads too, including yarns, pearl cottons, cords, buttonhole twist and even ribbon floss. So much creativity and sooo much fun.
-- Edited on 3/4/12 7:27 PM --

4u2cme
star
4u2cme  Friend of PR
Intermediate
NC USA
Member since 1/12/05
Send Message

Date: 3/4/12 11:10 PM

Congrats to you! I have the older 8 thread serger, the Evolve, from Babylock. I love my serger. It is so easy to use. I know you will love your new serger. Also, congratulations on having such a great husband.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers >> Babylock Evolution

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Break your Serger Out of the Box
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Register

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Favorite Things Little Belle Skirts Pattern

Favorite Things Little Belle Skirts Pattern

Buy Now
Favorite Things Little Smartie Pants Pattern

Favorite Things Little Smartie Pants Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.