SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Babylock Evolution Serger Price ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Babylock Evolution Serger Price
Lovin To Stitch
Lovin To Stitch  Friend of PR
Member since 9/29/11
Send Message

Date: 3/11/12 1:45 AM

Today I looked at the Evolution Serger. I was quoted a sale price through Monday (3/12/12) of $2899. Is this about the lowest sale price I can expect to get or should I wait and see if it is ever lower? I appreciate any information!!!

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to Lovin To Stitch
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 3/11/12 3:25 AM

Hmm, I think I paid $2499, but you had to provide a trade in machine. BUT, they would take ANY serger for trade.

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to Lovin To Stitch

Date: 3/12/12 2:54 AM

I live in San Francisco and it appears I got a very good deal- $2100 without a trade in. Included is a package of 6 feet, a thick binder of info beyond the basic manual plus lessons are included. This offer from Babylock and my local Millbrae dealer was in conjunction with a Quilt and Craft Expo last month at the San Mateo Fair Grounds. It was a happy accident that I got it.

My dealer says there won't be future sewing fairs due to an issue between the Expo organizers and the Fair people. So, prices like mine will be harder to find. At my first lesson another student didn't have the same situation and had to pay separately for things I had included.

Good luck with your shopping and you will love this machine!

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to wendyrb

Date: 3/12/12 3:35 AM

You did get an EXCELLENT deal! Better than anyone else I know. Congrats on your new evolution--I am super happy with mine.

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to Sonoma33

Date: 3/12/12 3:50 AM

Thanks for letting me know I really did get a remarkable price. I hadn't bought a machine in 20 years and almost fell over when I heard the price. I had done zero price comparison shopping and didn't know what to expect- no prices online. I've only joined PR a month ago and did some reading here to learn about what was what with machines and features. When I went to the local shop, it was my lucky day since the Expo price was only for that week.

It's a long way from my very first machine- a $35 treadle that I got at Good Will. I made a lot of nice things on it and it took me almost completely through fashion design school!

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

Baychel3
Baychel3  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Massachusetts USA
Member since 1/21/10
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 3/12/12 11:25 AM

I bought mine a year ago. Before purchasing the machine I called several dealers. Most would not quote over the phone. I am not against buying demos, and started asking for demo machine prices. I live in MA and probably called every dealer in MA and RI. I ended up calling a dealer in NH (Audrey's Sew & Vac) and bought a brand new machine (in the box) from her @ $2200 +. Not only did I get a great price, but saved on sales tax ($100+) as well (No sales tax in NH). With the machine she included 6 additional feet, a rolling carrying case, the notebook ($89) that accompanies the machine for an additional cost, some threads and of course, as many lessons as I needed.
I LOVE my evolution, and am so very glad I shopped around and made my purchase from her shop.
Good luck with purchasing your new Evolution serger -- I'm sure you'll enjoy it tremendously!!

CSM--Carla
star
CSM--Carla  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 1/21/06
Send Message

In reply to Baychel3

Date: 3/13/12 9:30 AM

Brilliant idea!--good for you!!

I too could not find out a price and was 2 hours from the nearest dealer. I paid $2800 for mine with a $100 trade in --no feet and the book was $75 extra.

Too much.

But I do love the evolution. Had a Brother 1034 before--no comparision!

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Advanced
USA
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

In reply to Baychel3 <<

Date: 3/17/12 11:23 PM

Quote: Baychel3
I bought mine a year ago. Before purchasing the machine I called several dealers. Most would not quote over the phone. I am not against buying demos, and started asking for demo machine prices. I live in MA and probably called every dealer in MA and RI. I ended up calling a dealer in NH (Audrey's Sew & Vac) and bought a brand new machine (in the box) from her @ $2200 +. Not only did I get a great price, but saved on sales tax ($100+) as well (No sales tax in NH). With the machine she included 6 additional feet, a rolling carrying case, the notebook ($89) that accompanies the machine for an additional cost, some threads and of course, as many lessons as I needed.

I LOVE my evolution, and am so very glad I shopped around and made my purchase from her shop.

Good luck with purchasing your new Evolution serger -- I'm sure you'll enjoy it tremendously!!

Hate toi say this but Audrey's is not supposed to sell over the phone and ship into other store's territory. They may as well throw them up on the internet. I am sure Babylock will be thrilled to hear this--not! The Evolution is a "covered product".
I work in a Babylock dealer and we ARE NOT to give out prices over the phone either. You can lose your dealership and Audrey should know they are now in danger of this-especially after they sold tto you in this manner.
The reason for not giving prices over the phone is because then there becomes a "negotiation" over the phone. We never quote prices but do our best to give the best price we possibly can. Babylock dealers work hard for their territory. I just got back from a training on the Evolution and it cost the store $$$ to send me. It is not fair for other stores to just blatantly sell out of their territories-over the phone.
Bad for Audrey's now-but good for you. You got a great machine at a great price. Probably because they think they won't have to provide you with lessons and support because you are out of state.

------
Janome 6500P, Babylock Eclipse SX, Janome Coverpro 1000, Babylock BLCS, Juki 654, Juki 735, Janome 1600PDB, Brother ULT 2002D, Babylock Spirit, Brother 770

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

thumbsup 15 members like this.

Date: 3/17/12 11:34 PM

I understand and respect the idea of not shipping across dealership lines, but with the price of gas, not to mention the value of my time as a working mother, I really can't afford to drive to a dealership just to find out prices.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

sewgirl101
star
sewgirl101
Advanced Beginner
Member since 12/30/08
Send Message

thumbsup 19 members like this.

Date: 3/18/12 1:36 AM

I agree. if a dealer cannot quote a price over the phone the too bad they just lost a sale. I will not drive all over town with crazy gas prices because greedy dealers are fighting over territory. Thats stupid.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Babylock Evolution Serger Price

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Simplicity 2473

photo
by: emilythecr...

Review
Towne Purse

Towne Purse

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.