SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Jo-Ann Fabrics iPhone app ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Jo-Ann Fabrics iPhone app
Get coupons on your phone redeemed at register
wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

Date: 3/18/12 1:09 AM

I just put this on my phone and used it today. No more remembering to carry around the paper flyer or trying to print things out from emails. The clerk just entered the numbers from the coupons on my phone and the register applied them to my best advantage. Works great. May well be available for other kinds of phones too.

New to PR- am I posting this in the right place so folks will see it?

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

Nancy1955
star
Nancy1955  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 5/10/10
Send Message

Date: 3/18/12 2:49 PM

I've been using the Droid app for several months. You download the app, access all coupons and download the coupons you want to your "wallet". You then give your phone to the person at the register and he/she will input the numbers.

heathergwo
heathergwo
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 11/14/11
Send Message

Date: 3/18/12 5:27 PM

Yup - also works great on my Droid based phone... good stuff!!

Also want to add that if you are a PAID MEMBER of PR, you can apply for and receive the 10% VIP member card. It won't work on top of other 20% whole purchase type coupons, but when those aren't available, at least you can get 10% off anytime!! I signed up online at Joann's, got a temporar via email within 1 week and the real one via mail within 1 more week.
-- Edited on 3/18/12 5:29 PM --

------
Brother Innovis 1250D
Babylock Enlighten
Singer Curvy 8763
Brother 1034D
Janome 385.19606
Brother 2340CV

LynnG
LynnG
Intermediate
Member since 9/16/03
Send Message

Date: 3/19/12 8:27 AM

I use this app too and love it, but I still catch myself cutting out the coupons! Creature of habit.

andye
andye  Friend of PR
Beginner
Virginia USA
Member since 5/9/09
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 3/19/12 2:04 PM

A lot of the reviewers claim that it's quite buggy. I had to laugh at the publisher's name, though. "5th International US, Inc".

I suppose those red banners aren't going to stitch themselves.

------
Bernina B330
Feet: 1,2,3,3A,4,5,7,8,10,13,16,18,20, 29,32,35,37,50,64,70,71,82,85,86, 92

DreinPA
starstar
DreinPA  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 4/5/06
Send Message

In reply to LynnG <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 3/22/12 3:36 PM

You can use both! As long as the number code on the coupons isn't the same they will take both. I have often given an e-coupon, paper and my VIP and let the register have at it.
OTOH, when I last visited the smaller store the clerk was dumbfounded when I presented the VIP coupon. To quote her "Where'd you get that?"

------
Don't confuse accessibility with ease; just because anybody can pick up a needle and thread doesn't mean sewing quality garments is easy.

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

Date: 3/22/12 11:43 PM

Hi again, I started this thread and want to add- if you're a teacher you can get a Jo-Ann's 15% discount card. Your purchase does not have to be for school supplies. They only want proof of teachig at a school. I'm a handwork teacher and I do teach sewing. However, they did not ask about that, or if I teach adults or children. They did not ask if I worked full time. It seems they are quite flexible. The 15% is on top of all other coupons once that discount is deducted. The discount card is dated and needs renewing annually. I work for a private school and did not have the employee ID # they wanted, but a copy of an automatic deposit paycheck worked for them.

Thanks for the tip about using both electronic and paper coupons! Great. I've often found cashiers take pity on me as a teacher and will pull out extra coupons they have behind the counter. I mentioned that to the customer behind me and they offered 1 to her. It pays to ask if they have a spare for your use.

I shop at 2 large Jo-Anns and so far they accepted phone coupons right away.

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Advanced
USA
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

In reply to wendyrb <<

Date: 3/23/12 0:08 AM

Quote: wendyrb
Hi again, I started this thread and want to add- if you're a teacher you can get a Jo-Ann's 15% discount card. Your purchase does not have to be for school supplies. They only want proof of teachig at a school. I'm a handwork teacher and I do teach sewing. However, they did not ask about that, or if I teach adults or children. They did not ask if I worked full time. It seems they are quite flexible. The 15% is on top of all other coupons once that discount is deducted. The discount card is dated and needs renewing annually. I work for a private school and did not have the employee ID # they wanted, but a copy of an automatic deposit paycheck worked for them.

Thanks for the tip about using both electronic and paper coupons! Great. I've often found cashiers take pity on me as a teacher and will pull out extra coupons they have behind the counter. I mentioned that to the customer behind me and they offered 1 to her. It pays to ask if they have a spare for your use.

I shop at 2 large Jo-Anns and so far they accepted phone coupons right away.

I have tried and tried to get my teacher discount since I do teach classes at the store I work at. They will NOT give me one-said I have to get an ASG teacher card. I even have an educator account with Kwik Sew-not good enoughA couple of the Joann's employees even "vouched" for me but the manager refused. So I guess I will go with my 10% PR card-maybe they will give me one of those!

------
Janome 6500P, Babylock Eclipse SX, Janome Coverpro 1000, Babylock BLCS, Juki 654, Juki 735, Janome 1600PDB, Brother ULT 2002D, Babylock Spirit, Brother 770

Jacqui315
star
Jacqui315  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 3/1/06
Send Message

In reply to Mrs.Moos <<

Date: 3/23/12 0:49 AM

As a class instructor at JoAnns, you should get the same VIP 10% off card as ASG and other organizations do. For the 15% teacher card you have to be a school teacher or a certified home school teacher.

Sewandwrite
star
Sewandwrite  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Maryland USA
Member since 5/16/08
Send Message

Date: 1/30/13 3:20 PM

Resurrecting this thread to ask:

Android users, have you found this app still works for you? I've read about all kinds of bugs...
-- Edited on 1/30/13 3:46 PM --

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Jo-Ann Fabrics iPhone app

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Class Details

Online Class
Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Class Details

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2013-137

photo
by: Kbenco

Review
Christine Jonson Wrap Top

Christine Jonson Wrap Top

More Info
Fanny Pack or Purse

Fanny Pack or Purse

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.