SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Got a New Car! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Got a New Car!
Finally got what I wanted
SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
LA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/7/12 0:54 AM

I bought a new car today! DD got in a wreck last week (everyone is fine - no injuries), but her car is totalled.

So I'm selling her (with my help) my 2008 Taurus (otherwise known as the Yacht). She loves a large car, I do not. I will feel better with her being in such a large safe car. Seeing the damage on her 2001 Taurus with it's 5 star crash rating gives me the creeps to consider what could have happened in a compact with a crappy rating.

I bought a candy apple red Ford Fusion, and I love it! It's what I wanted when DH made me buy the 2008 Taurus.

So the Princess is having to face reality now. She is employed (would you like fries with that), and has to pay her own car insurance and gas. This of course will consume almost all of her take home pay, lol, so I'm not totally off the hook.
Yes, geting a new car is exciting, but it also cost me a LOT of money to help her buy my old car, and put a huge downpayment on the Fusion to keep the note in line. But I did find out today I have STELLAR credit. Yaaaay!!!

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

Franksdottir

Franksdottir
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

In reply to SouthernStitch <<

Date: 4/7/12 1:49 AM

I will think of you zipping around in your cute, sporty, red car.

------
Barb

petro
starstarstar
petro  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 6/24/07
Send Message

Date: 4/7/12 2:19 AM

Every cloud has a silver lining. What colour is the interior btw?

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
WY USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 4/7/12 10:56 AM

Between DS and DD you are having quite a time of it. How are the new digs for DS going? Any chance the "Princess" will move there?

So, I hope DD wasn't texting...or something like that when she got in her wreck.

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 4/7/12 3:11 PM

Quote:
Seeing the damage on her 2001 Taurus with it's 5 star crash rating gives me the creeps to consider what could have happened in a compact with a crappy rating.
Thank you. You just confirmed why I should continue to keep mine.

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Date: 4/7/12 4:03 PM

Thank God she's OK! Glad you're getting a car that suits you out of the mess. I like a tiny car also. I drive a 2000 Honda Civic, which has been in 3 collisions, has a big dent in the bumper (thanks, hubs!), and has a shabby interior thanks to my kids and their frat party in the back. I fantasize about either a Honda Element (love the bomb-proof interior and the SPACE between the driver and back seat brats-er-passengers) or the completely-inappropriate-for-a-mom Mini Cooper, so cute.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Date: 4/7/12 4:59 PM

I hear you loud and clear. Congrats btw. We also sell our kids our older cars. or did so when they were younger. It helped them out and we had the comfort of knowing about the car.. rather than taking chances with someones else used vehicle.

I like the smaller cars too.. maybe its me.. but I feel that the other drivers on the road are a lot safer with me in a smaller car.. I am less likely to hit them.

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
Intermediate
LA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 4/7/12 6:30 PM

It's a gray interior, but has some contrast, so that's nice. No, she's not moving in with DS. The Fusion is a mid-size car, not compact. My favorite car ever was a Corolla, though, so yes, I do like small cars. This one is small-ER.
DH wasn't going for a compact, lol. And I feel safe enough in this one. Oh, and ya'll should see how DD cleaned up her new car. Too funny. The Princess is struggling to adjust to her new fast food employment. The grease, the smells, oh my! But, she knows she can't wimp out now, haha.
Well, time to get ready for Easter Vigil services.....

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

Sherril Miller
starstarstarstar
Sherril Miller  Friend of PR
Advanced
CA USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 4/8/12 12:00 PM

The exact thing happened to me, execpt it was me in the accident and totaled my car. The I got to have the car of my dreams, a Ford Fusion. I wish mine was red, though. I've had it a year now and I love it. I volunteer to drive places just so I can have my wonderful car.

I'm glad you DD has a job so she can pay you for the car. I hope things are going well with your son as well.

------
Visit my blog at http://sewingsaga.blogspot.com

If it's worth sewing, it's worth sewing well;
and if it's worth sewing well, it's worth FITTING FIRST! - TSL

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
Intermediate
LA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to Sherril Miller <<

Date: 4/8/12 9:08 PM

Thanks Sherril!
She's paying for over half of the car through what's left of an inheritance she got. Wish she didn't have to use that for a car, but she'd be in a much better position had she only done what she needed to do when she was supposed to do it!
What she is making at Mickey D's will be just enough to pay insurance and gas. The insurance is much higher now that she has to have collision insurance too. Formerly, she just had liability. And gas being so high, she won't have much left over -- but welcome to the real world!!

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Got a New Car!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Burda 7493

photo
by: MariannaSe...

Review
Sassy Bag

Sassy Bag

Buy Now
SewBaby Mitten Wraps and One Piece Hat Pattern

SewBaby Mitten Wraps and One Piece Hat Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.