SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Viewing your embroidery projects ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Viewing your embroidery projects
Where to find them on PR?
wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

Date: 4/13/12 1:59 PM

I'd love to see what is being created with all those embroidery machines out there. How would I find and view that kind work here on PR? I've tried a few searches with no luck- I'm not a pro at that process. Are images of your embroidery pieces mixed into the Review Gallery? How would I sort to find it there? Thanks.

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

In reply to wendyrb <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 4/13/12 2:42 PM

Great question!

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to threaddy <<

Date: 4/13/12 4:41 PM

It's eye opening to see work in a whole different neck of the woods than where I usually find myself. I know almost nothing about what modern machines can do and what you all are doing with them.

I have very basic stitches on my Bernina 930 and haven't used them. In 1975 I used my Bernina 830 to make an "embroidered" red cotton sateen peasant dress. The "embroidery" was twin needle straight and zig zag stitching using 2 different colors of silk twist. I changed the color combos with each pass to stitch across vertical tucks in the bodice that released fullness below the bust. It was colorful and cheerful.

Today, right after I posted this, 2 things happened:

1) The yahoo babylock group had a post about Filaine thread- new to me. It apparently has a woolen appearance and people use it for loopers and embroidery!

2) The Review Gallery had Vogue 8323, a knit top with shoulder princess seams. Amongst other reviews, there was a beautiful version with paisleys on the center panel. It was embroidery by CommanderKerry.

Isn't it funny how life finds us?

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

Twizard
Twizard
Advanced
Member since 2/11/12
Send Message

In reply to wendyrb <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/13/12 8:41 PM

Have you ever tried bobbin-work? You can use thicker threads than in your needle. You just have to sew upside down, either free-motion or using satin or close-zig-zag or decorative threads.

------
Pfaff 1471, janome 8050, bernina 830, Pfaff Passport 2.0; sergers singer quantum lock 5, baby lock protege, pfaff 794

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

Date: 4/13/12 11:33 PM

Bobbin work- no. Truth be told, I mostly want to see all the wonderful things that people come up. So many on PR seem to have an embroidery machine- what are you all making? Thanks for sharing- I hope!
-- Edited on 4/13/12 11:33 PM --

------

heathergwo
heathergwo  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 11/14/11
Send Message

Date: 4/14/12 10:51 AM

Yes! Would love to see what people are embroidering.... Deepika, where is this?? Or does a new section need to be added?

------
Brother Innovis 1250D
Babylock Enlighten
Singer Curvy 8763
Brother 1034D
Janome 385.19606
Brother 2340CV

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to heathergwo <<

Date: 4/14/12 2:25 PM

Thanks for the good idea. I just sent Deepika a PM.
~ Wendy ~

------

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to wendyrb <<

Date: 4/14/12 3:56 PM

Good question. I have mine on Flickr since I am not a "friend of PR".

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

tinyskids
tinyskids  Friend of PR
Intermediate
New Jersey USA
Member since 7/20/09
Send Message

Date: 4/14/12 11:26 PM

Yes I would love to see what others have created..

------
Juki F600 Kenmore 385.17626 Juki MO654DE Brother PE770
http://tinyskitchentable.blogspot.com/

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/12/04
Send Message

Date: 4/14/12 11:31 PM

Here's a picture of some embroidery on a denim purse that I made. It's not real outstanding. The designs are by BFC Creations.

Tissue holder. I did the digitizing too.

-- Edited on 4/14/12 11:35 PM --

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Viewing your embroidery projects

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2010-105

photo
by: yoshimi

Review
Butterick 4319

photo
by: Ms. Monica...

Review

Pattern

Petite Plus 203 Pattern

Petite Plus 203 Pattern

Buy Now
Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.