SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Pattern Modifications, Design Changes & Pattern Drafting > Arc patterns from Australia

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Arc patterns from Australia
recommend?
carolbee
carolbee
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 1/31/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/18/12 7:33 AM

Has anyone used Arc patterns from Australia? They
are beautifully sketched but I would like to know how
they sew out before I order and pay extra postage>
Thanks in advance. Carolbee

Michelle L
starstarstar
Michelle L
Intermediate
Missouri USA
Member since 1/20/08
Send Message

Date: 4/18/12 7:43 AM

I believe you are referring to StyleArc patterns.

Check the reviews, there are a full 8 pages of reviews for that company, just filter for the company name.

------
Michelle

http://cheapandpicky.blogspot.com/

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

In reply to carolbee <<

Date: 4/18/12 7:44 AM

Oh yes!! and with good results for the majority of the patterns. There are reviews and several threads...look under StyleArc here...
.StyleArc reviews

Hope this is the company you mean..I don't think there would be two pattern companies so closely named...

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

ConnieBJ
starstar
ConnieBJ  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario Canada
Member since 12/31/03
Contest Committee
Send Message

Date: 4/18/12 10:54 AM

If it is indeed Style Arc you are looking for, there are also lots of discussions on the topic. Try doing a search using Style Arc (with the space) here is one to start you off.
Style Arc
By the way, I love the patterns I have- specifically the Lynda pant and the Kate top

------
Connie Bontje

http://www.couturesmith.com
Twitter: Couturesmith
Facebook: Connie Bontje
Desperately trying to keep ahead of my pattern, fabric and dressform collection!

carolbee
carolbee
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 1/31/07
Send Message

In reply to ConnieBJ <<

Date: 4/18/12 9:30 PM

Thanks so much for your help. I am reading all reviews and
so excited to find such positive ones! Will definitely order now!

carolbee
carolbee
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 1/31/07
Send Message

In reply to Michelle L <<

Date: 4/18/12 9:40 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. I am reading the reviews now
and am anxious to order a couple of their patterns.

Karine
star
Karine  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 1/19/07
Send Message

Date: 4/19/12 10:02 AM

I would love to try a number of these patterns. I started to place an order for 3 patterns, which totalled $41.82 AUD. The shipping was $20.90 AUD. After converting the Australian dollar to the US dollar, the grand total was $64.87. That shipping is a killer! I didn't end up placing the order. Is there any US source for purchasing these patterns?

Barbara3
Barbara3  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 5/22/06
Send Message

In reply to Karine <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/19/12 12:16 PM

It appears that StyleArc patterns are only available directly from the Australian company. However, if you consider that you'll actually get 4 patterns (3+ the free pattern of the month) for $64.87, each pattern will only cost about $16 including postage. That's considerably less than the cost of patterns and postage from independent pattern companies in the U.S.

These patterns seem to be well liked by so many people. Include me as one avid fan who thinks they're well worth the cost. Hope you like them too.

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

In reply to Karine <<

Date: 4/19/12 1:21 PM

Sometimes, you have to play around with the patterns and shipping..substitute a smaller pattern and leave the more detailed, heavier one to the next order.

I generally order once a month and order one or two patterns plus the free one. That lowers my monthly costs and I can tell myself, it's what I would pay for an Independent pattern company pattern...The upside is that I know that these patterns will fit me.

There is no longer an option for USPS. on my first order I was given that choice..the USPS postage was $71 for two patterns..Australian post was $12..it has since gone up, but not to the US postage standards.

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

jenleeC
star
jenleeC  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Western Australia Australia
Member since 6/4/11
Send Message

In reply to Karine <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 4/20/12 4:15 AM

If it is any consolation it costs me US$15 for 1-3 patterns, or US$25 for 4-7 patterns sent to Australia from BMV. And 99c sales are unheard of in Australia so buying locally is expensive anyway.

A significant portion of the postage cost to the USA from Australia is actually extra costs associated with additional security checks required by the USA. This is the extract from the Australia Post website about postage to the USA:

Air mail, ECI and EPI parcels

Due to heightened border protection and increased aviation security measures introduced by the US Government applying to inbound freight, there is likely to be delays of around 48 hours to parcels being sent to the US. These new security measures have increased cost implications associated with screening and transport, and as a result a $9 surcharge will be imposed on all parcels over 500g (16 ounces) destined for the US.

This surcharge has been introduced solely to cover the costs of the revised security arrangements required by the United States, and Australia Post does not profit from the surcharge.

While this does not make the high postage costs any easier to bear it does go some way to explaining why the cost is so high.

------
Jenny, Perth, WA

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Pattern Modifications, Design Changes & Pattern Drafting >> Arc patterns from Australia

Merchants on PR

Budo Bear Designs

Asian Designs
Web site

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Burda 7742

photo
by: MNBarb

Review
Sewing Workshop Trio T-Shirt, Top & Pants Pattern

Sewing Workshop Trio T-Shirt, Top & Pants Pattern

Buy Now
Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Buy Now
New Look 6557

photo
by: Sew Melbou...

Review

Pattern

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.