SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Beginner's Forum > happy new additions to my sewing room ( Moderated by EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
happy new additions to my sewing room
just wanted to celebrate
rmusic1
star
rmusic1
Advanced Beginner
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/3/10
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/26/12 5:17 PM

I have two new additions. Firstly I have a new serger (800 Bernina model) and after initial teething problems with threading (it was SO handy to have a friend who has the same model!) and getting the tension right I am really pleased.

I've been happily finishing off the seams of a jacket I am working on and it is so much quicker than a zig zag stitch. I am really looking forward to finishing off acetate lining now, instead of getting annoyed with all the fluff.

Secondly I have a new control foot for my 1960's Bernina machine. My goodness me, what a difference! the service guy said the speed control had gone on the old one. It had been so annoying when it didn't stop (think runaway train) and it would not go slowly. I hadn't realised this was the problem.

The new control foot is fabulous. I have so much more control. The stitch ripper will always be to hand, as it will always be an essential tool. But now I will have less unpicking to do due to overshooting.

MagnoliaHoney
MagnoliaHoney
Beginner
KS USA
Member since 8/16/10
Send Message

Date: 4/26/12 5:28 PM

AWESOME!

------
Visit my blog http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com

Marie367
Marie367  Friend of PR
Intermediate
OH USA
Member since 5/28/11
Send Message

In reply to rmusic1 <<

Date: 4/26/12 5:40 PM

Congratulations on your additions. It is so much more fun when equipment works right!

heathergwo
heathergwo  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
CA USA
Member since 11/14/11
Send Message

Date: 4/26/12 8:47 PM

PICS!!!

------
Brother Innovis 1250D
Babylock Enlighten
Singer Curvy 8763
Brother 1034D
Janome 385.19606
Brother 2340CV

HanPanda
star
HanPanda
Intermediate
Member since 4/27/08
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 4/26/12 9:00 PM

Congratulations!!!

((And on a side note, I am also celebrating a recent addition to my sewing room...after five years, I finally bought a tube turner. The relief is insane.))

------
2014 resolution: keep track of sewn yardage!!
In: 90 yards
Sewn: 46.5 yards

I'll try anything once :)

Please excuse my typos...sometimes it is harder to go back and edit on mobile than it is worth!

cinca
cinca
Member since 4/27/11
Send Message

In reply to rmusic1 <<

Date: 4/26/12 10:36 PM

Congratulations. Nothing is more fun than improved equipment. Love it, love it. Getting your tension right on your serger is a major feather in your cap.

rmusic1
star
rmusic1
Advanced Beginner
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/3/10
Send Message

Date: 5/2/12 5:55 PM

as requested here is a photo of my new overlocker sitting on my sewing table (the link takes you to a blog post about it).

There is even enough space for it to sit on the corner of my sewing table whilst my sewing machine is there too. The only minor problem is the amount of stuff that now ends up on the bedroom floor....

Any suggestions on keeping the fluff count down? There wasn't a bag or anything with the machine. Maybe it is just something to live with.

allycovey
star
allycovey  Friend of PR
Intermediate
AR USA
Member since 11/16/07
Send Message

Date: 5/2/12 6:23 PM

i hope you will enjoy your new serger. it just finishes off everything so well!!!!

schmammy
star
schmammy  Friend of PR
TX USA
Member since 12/5/06
Send Message

In reply to rmusic1 <<

Date: 5/2/12 8:35 PM

This little jewel is on my wish list. Either that or I will put together my own version...

------
Indecision may or may not be my problem. -Jimmy Buffet

http://chihuahuaonmylap.blogspot.com/

Zorrro
star
Zorrro
Advanced Beginner
AUSTRALIA
Member since 2/22/06
Send Message

In reply to rmusic1 <<

Date: 5/2/12 9:41 PM

I have just purchased a flat interior door to use as a cutting out table. I placed it on two trestles which are adjustable to waist height. I'm so pleased with this inexpensive answer to my back breaking problems trying to cut out on the dining room table. It was suggested to me by a friend who uses hers perched on an ironing table

I have also invested in some Black and Decker cordless scissors which cut through fabric like butter. Delighted!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Beginner's Forum >> happy new additions to my sewing room

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2011-128

photo
by: evyline

Review
Paradiso Designs Perfect Pillows Pattern

Paradiso Designs Perfect Pillows Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl City Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl City Bag Pattern

Buy Now
Butterick 5484

photo
by: Doobee64

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.