SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Looking for a Solid Color Stretch Woven ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Looking for a Solid Color Stretch Woven
anyone seen any lately?
jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

Date: 4/30/12 1:29 PM

I've been looking for solid color stretch woven fabrics for a while now and they all seem to have disappeared. I did find a stretch sateen in white or black only at Fabric.com. Has anyone seen any in other colors?

I'm making the StyleArc Elle pants and did use some fabric just slightly heavier than a broadcloth. It worked well and I like the look, but I really think that this is a shirting fabric and I'm wondering how they will hold up.

Any suggestions on where and what to look for will be appreciated.

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

Vibekeinyork
Vibekeinyork
Intermediate
Member since 7/11/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/30/12 5:38 PM

several colors here http://www.emmaonesock.com/fabrics/bottomweight.asp

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
NY USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

In reply to jannw <<

Date: 4/30/12 6:55 PM

Emmaonesock has some lovely colors at the moment.

------
www.nancyksews.blogspot.com

schmammy
star
schmammy  Friend of PR
TX USA
Member since 12/5/06
Send Message

Date: 4/30/12 10:42 PM

I just bought two pieces of some cotton/spandex fabric at Joann's. I picked up the chocolate brown and navy, both to make capri pants. It's a really nice weight, definitely a tad heavier than broadcloth but not as much as, say, weaver's cloth.

------
Indecision may or may not be my problem. -Jimmy Buffet

http://chihuahuaonmylap.blogspot.com/

GrandmaNewt
GrandmaNewt
Intermediate
NV
Member since 6/5/10
Send Message

Date: 4/30/12 11:06 PM

fashionfabricsclub.com has a ton of stretch twill and stretch sateen on their site. I've never bought from them before but I am liking their prices. Anyone know how their service is and what the quality of their fabrics is?

hpsauce
star
hpsauce
Intermediate
ON CANADA
Member since 4/3/09
Send Message

Date: 5/1/12 6:48 AM

A saw several on Apple Annie's Fabrics site, though I have never purchased from them. Apple Annie

------
Island Couture http://islandcouture.blogspot.ca/

stirwatersblue
star
stirwatersblue
Intermediate
KS USA
Member since 12/13/08
Send Message

Date: 5/1/12 6:57 AM

Grandma, I've ordered from FFC several times, and have not personally had a problem with them... but I have heard from others that their service can be spotty (not notifying customers that items are out of stock, taking forever to ship, etc).

------
~Gem in the prairie

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

Date: 5/1/12 7:05 AM

Thank you all very much..the EmmaOneSock stuff is beautiful, but a little out of my price range for casual pants and I've never ordered from Fashion Fabrics either. I may try it for this. I'll also check out Apple Annies.

That's interesting about the JoAnn's. I was there last week and the only stretch they had was suitings and large prints in stretch. They are not very good about getting new stuff on the shelves quickly, so I'll look again this week and maybe try the Super store in the area. I've seen it there in the past and it really surprised me to find nothing.

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

nicegirl
starstarstarstar
nicegirl
Intermediate
DC USA
Member since 5/10/06
Send Message

In reply to GrandmaNewt <<

Date: 5/1/12 9:35 AM

I have sworn off FFC--been burned too many times by the fabric not matching the description and being of poor quality. Their shipping is slow and heaven forbid there be a problem with your order. Customer service is very difficult to come by and requires persistence and a lot of waiting. I would only order from them if you're prepared to be patient!

------
http://theslapdashsewist.blogspot.com
=================
2007: purchased 115+, sewed 105+
So close to parity, yet so far

Trying again in 2008
Yards purchased: 133
Yards sewn: Somewhere around 95

2009? I give up

NancyZL
NancyZL  Friend of PR
Intermediate
NJ USA
Member since 6/18/08
online now
Send Message

In reply to jannw <<

Date: 5/1/12 10:04 AM

You may want to also try Etsy . I found a great cotton lycra print leftover piece -bottom weight - from someone - 1.5 yard - enough for shorts for $12. which included shipping. You need to put in a very specific search term to locate what you need .

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Looking for a Solid Color Stretch Woven

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

Sewing Workshop New Yorker Jacket Pattern

Sewing Workshop New Yorker Jacket Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Baby Doll Puppet Pattern

SewBaby  Baby Doll Puppet  Pattern

Buy Now
Simplicity 2263

photo
by: mollymolly

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.