SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Mother's Day ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Mother's Day
quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 5/11/12 12:41 PM

Want to wish everyone with human kids or fur kids a happy Mother's Day. Anyone have any special plans. My plan is to do nothing, except work in the hope to be garden or cleaning the sewing room.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

allycovey
star
allycovey  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Arkansas USA
Member since 11/16/07
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 5/11/12 1:19 PM

Yep big family cook out except now there is rain in the forcast. I would prefer to just stay at home and sew. the good thing is a lot of our family members are musicians and singers so we usually have a really great jam!!!

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Mothers Day Date: 5/11/12 2:57 PM

I had convinced DH to stay home and have a day for us, since I have always worked on Mother's day and it's the first year I'll have to really enjoy it.

But...my brother is coming in. And since it's my Dad's oldest, it's weird. But I'll have to go help cook since neither of my folks are really in good enough shape to feed a large amount of people.

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 5/11/12 4:03 PM

I got Mother's Day a little early. About 2 hours ago, my oldest son surprised me with a visit(inbetween A/C jobs) and brought me a lovely card with money in it. I know he needs that money and asked him to please take it back. He said it was for me to buy large planting pots for the river cottage. Every time I look at the pots, I'll think of my Joseph.

A package arrived on the front porch this afternoon. In it was a crab sculpture and a post card from the youngest son. He's in the Air Force and taking classes at Maxwell in Alabama. He was in New Orleans last weekend and found this for me. I collect crabs, so it was perfect. Even so, I would have been just as happy with the cards or a phone call from my boys. I'm a lucky Mama

shajarataddurr
shajarataddurr
Member since 4/26/11
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 5/12/12 5:55 AM

went online to order some flowers for Mom, but there were so many extra charges! Decided to just call Dad and have him go out and get her some flowers from me. Then she can benefit from all the money without 33% of it being eaten up in charges.

lareine
star
lareine  Friend of PR
Intermediate
NEW ZEALAND
Member since 11/10/06
Send Message

Subject: Mothers Day Date: 5/12/12 6:45 AM

It's Mothers' Day here in New Zealand this weekend too but my mother lives in Ireland and she already had her official day! So I can relax right now.

I usually try to buy something here and post it to my mum but the shipping charges can be really high. This year I bought a voucher online for a place I know she really loves to visit. She was thrilled to get an "extravagant" gift but it actually cost the same as an ordinary gift plus shipping to the far side of the world. I'm happy with my choice. Having somebody local purchase flowers makes a lot of sense too!

ryan's mom
starstarstar
ryan's mom  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 11/30/04
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Mothers Day Date: 5/12/12 7:36 AM

I'm celebrating Mother's Day next weekend in NYC with some fantastic PR members.

------
Big 4 Pattern size 12, RTW bottom: 6, RTW jacket 8, RTW top (no size fits me well!)
Measurements: 34 HB/36 FB (34C bra)/27.5/36 (and working hard to keep it that way.)
Machines: Sewing: Elna 760, vintage Kenmore Model 33 (1967), Janome Gem Gold 3, Singer Model 99, Singer 221/Featherweight. Sergers: Babylock Imagine and Babylock Enlighten. Embroidery Only: Janome 300E. Embroidery/Sewing Combo: Brother Dream machine. Coverstitch: Babylock BLCS. Straight Stitch: Janome 1600P.

If you think your sewing is better than everyone else's around here, get out of my way b****. I hate sewing snobs.

My blog: www.phatchickdesigns.blogspot.com

Michelle T

Michelle T
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 5/12/12 12:35 PM

My son's 16th birthday falls on Mother's Day this year. We are doing his party tonight. My Mum and MIL will be here tonight, so we will not be doing something else to celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday. In the past I have done a big brunch, not this year.

Sunday, my DD is doing her first 5 km race. I have to have her at the school by 6:20am. The school is a 40 minute drive from home. I am going to see if I can ride the bus with her to the race (60 minutes away).

Then DH and DS will come down to see the end of the race. After that we will have a late lunch, then head back home.

Monday is the day I am looking forward to, DH and I are heading to Vegas to celebrate our 20th anniversary! I am almost vibrating with excitement. It was been 5.5 years since I was last down there.

------
Proud parent of a Dwight International School Honour Roll Student

ryan's mom
starstarstar
ryan's mom  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 11/30/04
Send Message

In reply to Michelle T <<

Date: 5/12/12 5:54 PM

lol. I have a son whose birthday falls on Mother's Day this year too! My youngest child turns into a teenage tomorrow. 20 can't come too soon.

------
Big 4 Pattern size 12, RTW bottom: 6, RTW jacket 8, RTW top (no size fits me well!)
Measurements: 34 HB/36 FB (34C bra)/27.5/36 (and working hard to keep it that way.)
Machines: Sewing: Elna 760, vintage Kenmore Model 33 (1967), Janome Gem Gold 3, Singer Model 99, Singer 221/Featherweight. Sergers: Babylock Imagine and Babylock Enlighten. Embroidery Only: Janome 300E. Embroidery/Sewing Combo: Brother Dream machine. Coverstitch: Babylock BLCS. Straight Stitch: Janome 1600P.

If you think your sewing is better than everyone else's around here, get out of my way b****. I hate sewing snobs.

My blog: www.phatchickdesigns.blogspot.com

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 5/12/12 6:46 PM

I haven't had a mom (or dad, for that matter) since I was 11, but I do have a fur-kid. He's napping all day and allowing me unmolested time to get patterns and fabrics prepped, as my Mom's Day prezzie.

Although everything must stop when he decides he wants his dinner.

He's so good to me.
-- Edited on 5/12/12 6:48 PM --

------
I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Mother's Day

Merchants on PR

Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover

Made In Australia
Deals!

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Nature's Fabrics

Natural & Organic Fabrics
Deals!

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Vogue Patterns 1312

photo
by: marec

Review
Lolita Patterns Sugar Plum Pattern

Lolita Patterns Sugar Plum Pattern

Buy Now
Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Buy Now
New Look 6470

photo
by: margy.64

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.