SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Advice on meeting Ex-SIL's new wife ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Advice on meeting Ex-SIL's new wife
Carol Mendoza
star
Carol Mendoza  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/1/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/18/12 11:34 AM

Ok, ..need some advice.

My daughter has now been separated and divorced for almost 3 years and tomorrow, for the first time, I'm going to see my Ex-SIL and his new wife. They are coming to drop my Grandson (he's almost 6) for a short visit while they are in town. I haven't spoken to Ex-SIL in that 3 years at all. He even defriended me on FB!! It's a long story of the why they are no longer married and it doesn't matter anyway because I'm over it and my DD has forgiven him and all is great in the world ...but I'm a hugger...should I hug the new wife when I meet her??? She has been GREAT to my Grandson and he loves her and my DD gets along great with her....so I kind of want to hug her! But will that be weird? What would you do? Shake hands, wave, pat her on the back???

------
Bernina 780; 440QE; Vintage 121; Babylock Evolution

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to Carol Mendoza <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 5/18/12 11:42 AM

I say, extend your hand for the handshake while giving her your warmest most loving smile and greeting.

If by some chance, she comes in for the hug, it's fine to return it!

j.

quathy
star
quathy  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 6/3/06
Send Message

Subject: Advice on meeting Ex-SILs new wife Date: 5/18/12 11:43 AM

If you're a hugger, I'd say hug. You'll always be remember as the loving caring person that you are. :)

Liz92B
Liz92B
Advanced
Alberta CANADA
Member since 12/21/09
Send Message

Subject: Advice on meeting Ex-SILs new wife Date: 5/18/12 12:04 PM

go for the hug ... she sounds like a 'keeper'!

------
Liz / Calgary

Restart06
star
Restart06  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 10/29/06
Send Message

Date: 5/18/12 12:23 PM

hug

------
There is no easy way! quote from my Grandfather
Sharing is caring!

KathySews
star
KathySews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Date: 5/18/12 12:55 PM

Hug her. She is no doubt more nervous about meeting you than you are about meeting her. She is good to your grandson - that is very important. There will be many of your grandson's events involving your extended family and what a beautiful gift to him that there is no ackwardness in the family. Good luck.

-- Edited on 5/18/12 12:57 PM --

Carol Mendoza
star
Intermediate
Member since 5/1/06
Send Message

Date: 5/18/12 1:09 PM

Thanks everyone for your input! I can only hope that she will be around for awhile..for my grandson's sake.

------

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

Date: 5/18/12 1:11 PM

if you get the Pier 1 tv ads in your area, you can just say " Careful...I am a hugger!"

(I love that penguin...I mean, commercial!)

Hug. Lightly if she's uncomfy, but nobody ever got bad karma from offering a hug!

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 5/18/12 2:09 PM

Upside down edit.

Carol, I'm glad to have shared our story with you. I hope this is a fresh new beginning for a wonderful relationship and friendship with your grandson.

My very best wishes to you.

-- Edited on 5/19/12 0:21 AM --

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Carol Mendoza
star
Intermediate
Member since 5/1/06
Send Message

In reply to a7yrstitch <<

Date: 5/18/12 2:57 PM

THANKS!! This is what I want. I actually just text my Ex-SIL to see if we are still on for the time I was told he would drop him, and he text back quickly. This is the first conversation we've had in almost 3 years! I wanted to open the line of communication up first so that he might not feel so awkward about the visit. We have many years to come where we will all need to be together for my Grandson's life events. I told my daughter that I did this and she was very glad that I made the first move.

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Advice on meeting Ex-SIL's new wife

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Class Details

Online Class
Leather 101
Leather 101

Class Details

Victory Roxanne Paper Pattern

Victory Roxanne Paper Pattern

More Info
Jennifer Stern The Perfectly Fitted Shirt by the Cup-Full Pattern ( Size 16-24(Cup B-DD) )

Jennifer Stern The Perfectly Fitted Shirt by the Cup-Full Pattern ( Size 16-24(Cup B-DD) )

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.