SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers > Replacing my Huskylock ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Replacing my Huskylock
prefer foot presser lever on right side
cherylwashere
star
cherylwashere  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/10/04
Send Message

Date: 5/19/12 11:12 AM

Now that I totally destroyed my Viking Huskylock 560ED... I would like to replace it. I would like to find a 2/3/4 thread that has the presser foot lever on the right side of the machine. Other than Viking...are there other manufacturers that offer or have offered this feature?? Used is more in my budget these days.
Many thanks, Cheryl

------
Bernina 820, Bernina Artista 165, Bernina B330, Pfaff Creative 7530, Janome 1600P

kittykate
star
kittykate
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 12/18/02
Send Message

In reply to cherylwashere <<

Date: 5/19/12 11:58 AM

It's exactly the same reason why I'm selling my Kenmore! I couldn't stand the presser lift behind the machine, I've always had it on the right side on my Husqvarna. So I found another Husqvarna after some long searches.

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

Date: 5/19/12 2:04 PM

My Brother 4234DT has a lever on the right...one of the reasons I chose it. This model is the same as the 5234PRW. All the Brother sergers have this feature. You can get the 1034D for under $200 on Amazon.

cherylwashere
star
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/10/04
Send Message

In reply to kittykate <<

Date: 5/20/12 2:13 PM

Thank you Kittykate... I am missing my Huskylock and using my Singer with the presser foot lever on the backside is driving me crazy... Cheryl

------
Bernina 820, Bernina Artista 165, Bernina B330, Pfaff Creative 7530, Janome 1600P

cherylwashere
star
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/10/04
Send Message

In reply to karen149 <<

Date: 5/20/12 2:29 PM

Thank you Karen... I'm am intriqued with the Brother PRW. How is the weight of it... heavy enough that it does not vibrate at a good speed. I have read reviews that the 1034D vibrates... I know that would drive me crazy. Cheryl

------

SewEverlasting
SewEverlasting
Advanced Beginner
Member since 9/12/11
Send Message

Date: 5/20/12 9:32 PM

I just purchased the Brother PRW and I love it because the noise and vibration are not issues at all. My dealer carries Brother, Viking, and Janome. I went in thinking that I wanted a Huskylock S21. But the noise and vibration of the S21 (not to mention the presser foot lifter at the rear) were real turn offs to me.

When I sat down at the Brother PRW (which my dealer had to talk me into trying), it was love at first sight. It stitches beautifully and is relatively quiet, for a serger. The extension table that comes with it is also a great feature.

In fact, the Brother PRW just won a gold award for product design.

------
Dreamweaver VQ3000, Babylock Ellisimo, Bernina 350SE (Dragonfly), Juki 2010Q, Juki F600, Brother 5234PRW Serger

cherylwashere
star
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/10/04
Send Message

In reply to SewEverlasting <<

Date: 5/21/12 1:14 AM

Thank you SE... I like the looks of it too. I did watch the video and like all the features. Do you know the differences with the two models...yours is the newer??? Cheryl

------

Marie367
Marie367  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 5/28/11
Send Message

Date: 5/21/12 8:22 AM

I have the Brother 1034. I love it. The foot lift is on the side. I could see where having the lift in the back would be a problem on a serger. It does not vibrate and I have sewn everything on it. It does like to go fast-I tend to go a little slower as I use few pins and manually guide the material. The stitch is good and the rolled hem is great. The threading is easy. It is my first serger and I wonder why I waited so long to purchase one. I haven't used any other brand so can't help with a comparison.

cherylwashere
star
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/10/04
Send Message

In reply to Marie367 <<

Date: 5/21/12 10:20 AM

Thank you Marie... I will reconsider this model too.
Cheryl

------

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

Date: 5/21/12 12:28 PM

The weight is just fine...not too light. I currently have it sitting on a treadle frame with with a pine drop-leaf table attached and it has not vibrated while on the drop-leaf section. It works great at slower speeds and plows through many layers nicely without the stitching bunching up. I lucked out and found my version on hsn.com. It's the same as the PRW but without the logo on the blue front section.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers >> Replacing my Huskylock

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Jamie Christina Miz Mozelle Dress Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Miz Mozelle Dress Paper Pattern

Buy Now
Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.