SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Fashion Styles and Trends > Seychelles Shoes ( Moderated by Lynnelle)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Seychelles Shoes
Vintage inspired shoes I'm loving!
lakaribane
star
lakaribane
Beginner
HAITI
Member since 7/23/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/22/12 9:59 AM

It makes sense that I would discover Seychelles shoes on Modcloth because they share that indie/retro vibe.

But now I"m finding Seychelles on amazon every other search. (When I'm not surfing for sewing blogs or fabric pron, I'm all about the shoes!!!!!!)

I had NEVER heard of this brand before but I love the styles.

Mum

Even better in Denim Polka Dots!!!

Good Intentions: Blue Fisherman Wedges!!!

Backspace

The prices are btw $70 and $110 USD so not very likely I will buy them UNLESS there's a sale but I noticed they don't have Wide sizes. I can wear regular in some brands/styles of shoes but Aerosoles wides, for example, are very comfortable.

(I've accepted that I'm a 6.5W/C after all these years, LOL!)

Has anyone bought/tried on these shoes before? Specifically people with Wide feet?

-- Edited on 5/22/12 10:07 AM --

------
Fashion Maté, where I blog about what I (eventually) sew : http://fashionmate.blogspot.com
Addicted to Pinterest? Me too! : http://pinterest.com/lakaribane/

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

In reply to lakaribane <<

Date: 5/22/12 10:23 AM

I haven't tried this brand but I'm on their list for new releases at Zappo's. You might check out the Poetic License brand. Same type of look. I don't have very wide feet, but I have a large bunion on one foot and the PL brands do fit although they are all sized at medium. Also try eBay and 6 pm for better pricing...
Poetic License

Good luck..they are very pretty shoes..

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

Raye Ann
star
Raye Ann  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/25/09
Send Message

Date: 5/22/12 3:38 PM

I have loved Seychelles brand shoes for a long time....I remember seeing them for the first time in the mid 90's or so. I have only owned about 3 pairs over the years, due to the cost, and the fact that the heel heights are very high, in general! When I was younger and wore that height heel with ease, I couldn't afford them. Now that I am older, I just don't wear them that high for everyday or work...and I still want them on sale:).
I don't find them to be cut very wide. My feet are on the narrow side of medium and they fit me decently well. I also love Aerosoles shoes, and wear alot of them for work, but some of their mediums are too wide for me.

Jannw, those Poetic License shoes are gorgeous!! I must be living under a rock....
-- Edited on 5/22/12 3:40 PM --

------
Raye Ann

MamaSewing
star
MamaSewing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 12/21/05
Send Message

Date: 6/7/12 5:09 PM

Oh my goodness, I just love Seychelles. I only have one pair that I bought while on vacation for $5.00!

They are just like these except mine are mostly cream with the red and green plaid. The colors are not what I would usually buy, but they are perfect during the Christmas and Holiday season. I can't tell you how many compliments I have rec'd when wearing them.
I would love more (shoes are such fun!) but the budget really doesn't support shoes in their price range.
Shoes, definitely one of my downfalls. :blush:

yttri
yttri
Advanced Beginner
Minnesota USA
Member since 3/25/12
Send Message

Date: 6/25/12 5:56 PM

Seychelles makes heeled shoes I can actually wear for more than give minutes! I have a pair of heeled sandals that are lovely. Also had some other pairs but sold them because they were too narrow for my wide feet (8.5w). I think the secret is in the angle from the heel to the ball of the foot.

Hint: DSW often has their shoes for way cheaper, usually from last season!

lakaribane
star
lakaribane
Beginner
HAITI
Member since 7/23/07
Send Message

In reply to yttri <<

Date: 7/1/12 3:37 PM

Quote: yttri
Hint: DSW often has their shoes for way cheaper, usually from last season!

Thanks for the tip! And might I know which style of shoe you have? As in a more open sandal would be more comfortable or what?

------
Fashion Maté, where I blog about what I (eventually) sew : http://fashionmate.blogspot.com

yttri
yttri
Advanced Beginner
Minnesota USA
Member since 3/25/12
Send Message

Date: 7/2/12 10:52 AM

I like the open toe sandals, I found it to be pretty comfortable. I tend to walk with a hard step, so very pointy or thin heels are not good for me since all the pressure is focused on that area when I strike down. I purchased the Gypsy model a couple years back, it looks like this:

-- Edited on 7/2/12 10:52 AM --

lakaribane
star
lakaribane
Beginner
HAITI
Member since 7/23/07
Send Message

Date: 9/27/12 10:27 AM

I am updating this thread with the shoes I *did* buy during my trip to North America earlier this month.

First, I got the

Then I got completely inappropriate to my lifestyle, yet amazingly necessary to my happiness heels, their Snapdragon in Emerald:

I found one of the stores that sell Seychelles in Manhattan when I took a wrong turn going to the Metropolitan Museum (my pilgrimage, love!).

The best part? They had a sale going on and the only 2 pairs of Seychelles shoes they had were on sale at $36 instead of $90.

*retrospective happy dance*

Online, I bought the Denim Polka Dots Mum sandals, too cute for words:

Finally, on the recommendation of fashion blogger/high school teacher Kelly, I tried a new-to-me brand called Rocket Dog.

LOVE! I got the Clara Espadrille sandals in Orange (stockpiling on that color while the trend lasts):

I love it. I was worried with both brands about the width. I wear a 6.5 but my foot at its widest is 3.75in (the bigger, right foot, that is) and my little toe often suffers in certain brands.

Not happening in either shoe, though the Seychelles is a 7, not a 6.5. But the Rocket Dogs? Bliss. You foot sort of lays inside the shoe and they are far lighter than they look.

I am VERY happy with my purchases. I just wish I had found the fisherman wedges. Oh, well...

------

Ms. McCall
star
Ms. McCall  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/2/06
Send Message

Date: 9/27/12 4:19 PM

I only have three pairs of high heels, and two of them are seychelles. I have found them much more comfortable than other high heels, but since I don't really wear heels much, I wish they did some mid-height shoes that would be fancy everyday-wear for me.

EDIT TO ADD: whoops, I just looked at their site, and I guess they do have mid-height heels, they're just not stocked in the store I usually see seychelles in.

-- Edited on 9/27/12 4:34 PM --

------
BrownPaperPattern.blogspot.com

SquishSews
star
SquishSews  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/18/09
Send Message

Date: 9/28/12 0:16 AM

Wow, these are lovely! lakaribane - I'm in love with the Snapdragons.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fashion Styles and Trends >> Seychelles Shoes

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Register

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

Indygo Junction 908

photo
by: JustineSew...

Review
Sewn Square One Go Anywhere Dress Pattern

Sewn Square One Go Anywhere Dress Pattern

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Swing Jacket

Christine Jonson Swing Jacket

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.