Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review
Enter your e-mail address:

Advanced Search
Tags
New to PR?
Sewing Machines
Compare Sewing Machines
Sewing Machine & Serger Reviews
Embroidery Machines
Sewing Reviews
Sewing Patterns
Review Gallery
Sewing Books
Sewing Supplies
Sewing Websites
Sewing Stores
Sewing Class Reviews
Sewing Expo Reviews
Sewing Tips & Techniques
Sewing Podcasts
NEW!Fabric Glossary
Sewing Review Requests Add a Review Request
Your Account
Edit Profile
My Page
Favorites
Wish List
Pattern Catalog
Notifications
Friends of PR
Join Friends of PR
Find a member
Deal Corner
Photo Album
Calendar
Chat Room
Chat Schedule
Chat Transcripts
Sewing Classifieds
Add a Classified
Sewing Contests
enter contest
contest report
contest gallery
Favorite Links
reviews with comments
merchant gallery
article archive
newsletter archive
Craft Resources
contact info
shipping rates
returns & refunds
testimonials

Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
You are not logged in. Login here.

Message Board > Machine Embroidery > Embrilliance Essentials vs. EmbroideryWorks Everyday ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Embrilliance Essentials vs. EmbroideryWorks Everyday
What's the difference?
1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 8/19/08
Login to reply to this post

Date: 5/23/12 8:45 PM

Can anyone tell me what the major differences are between Embrilliance Essentials and Designer's Gallery Embroidery Works Everyday? I heard they are both developed by the same guy, Brian Baille. I can see if that's true as the program looks exactly the same. I'm just wondering what the differences are, other than price.

I'm actually leaning towards Embroidery Works because it seems pretty packed with features for $499. I know Embird is cheaper, but after you add the digitizing software and the font collection, you're pretty much up there with Embroidery Works. Not only that, but I really like the layout on Embroidery Works better than Embird.

Jim

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

gneebee
gneebee  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
SC USA
Member since 8/30/11

Date: 5/24/12 8:48 PM

I'm a Mac user so I use Embrilliance Essentials. Would LOVE to hear someone compare these two, also! I keep wondering what I'm missing.

------
wife, mom, nurse, grandmother, sewing/embroidery hobbiest from SC with a BL Ellisimo, BL Enterprise, Babylock Evolve, Bernina 180 & 1090.

1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 8/19/08

In reply to gneebee <<

Date: 5/24/12 8:54 PM

How do you like Embrilliance? I can't seem to find a free trial anywhere, but when I watch the video for Embrilliance and Embroidery Works, the layout is the same. In fact, they both use the same mouse pattern as an example. There are a few "buttons" on the Embroidery Works menu that I don't see on the Embrilliance, but I'm just wondering if there is something I'd be missing with Embrilliance.

I've been fiddling around with the Embroidery Works free trial and I love it. It is SO easy to use and very easy to navigate. I guess it is a compilation of several modules from Custom Works, at least that is how it was explained to me. If only I could get my hands on an Embroidery Works manual, I would be able to compare the two better.

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 8/19/08

Date: 5/29/12 6:27 PM

I just wanted to post an update to this topic since I emailed the developer of Embrilliance, Brian Baille, and asked what the difference is between the two programs. Basically, according to Brian, EmbroideryWorks Everyday adds the sweep, project advisor, design splitting for built-in hoops, density map and online training (I believe you get one at-home class with the purchase). He stated that having EmbroideryWorks Everyday is like having Embrilliance with Designer's Gallery Hoop Works and DensityWorks added in. Figuring that those two programs alone cost $150 each, EmbroideryWorks seems like a good deal to me for $449.

I hope this helps anyone else out there that might have been trying to figure out the difference between the two programs like me. I am probably going to go with EmbroideryWorks.

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

gneebee
gneebee  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
SC USA
Member since 8/30/11

Date: 5/31/12 11:33 PM

Thanks for taking the initiative and contacting Brian.

------
wife, mom, nurse, grandmother, sewing/embroidery hobbiest from SC with a BL Ellisimo, BL Enterprise, Babylock Evolve, Bernina 180 & 1090.

deesews
star
deesews
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 9/24/08

Date: 6/27/12 0:28 AM

Embrilliance Essentials gives you 30 days to try it out and still get your money back, so that's basically a free trial. But if you can afford more, I'd go for more. I would suggest Embroidery Works Advanced, as I was told it can handle stretchy fabrics better. But please check for yourself, because I don't remember in detail.

1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 8/19/08

In reply to deesews <<

Date: 6/27/12 12:51 PM

I ended up going with EmbroideryWorks Everyday and haven't regretted it one bit! Actually, my family gave it to me for Father's Day as a nice surprise. Now I can't wait to get the Advanced module. It truly is an amazing, amazing program and so extremely simple to use. I tried so many different programs, like Embird, Sew What Pro, Buzz Edit, etc.....and I just kept coming back to EmbroideryWorks. That's not to say that the other programs aren't great, it's just that I found EmbroideryWorks so easy to navigate and use. I even signed up for the online classes through Babylock.

Embrilliance Essentials is also a great program and from what I hear, they will be expanding it. I also read that some features in EmbroideryWorks are patented for use ONLY with Designer's Gallery, so they might not appear in Embrilliance, but there will be some comparative features down the road.

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

kerri Y
kerri Y
Intermediate
Member since 5/6/04

In reply to 1975Jumby <<

Date: 9/9/12 3:33 PM

1975Jumby

did you find embroideryworks more user friendly than Embird editor software?

I have only used embird, but the interface looks more user friendly on embroideryworks

thanks for your opinion!

1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 8/19/08

In reply to kerri Y <<

Date: 9/9/12 6:36 PM

I know alot of people really like Embird and I did try it out before purchasing EmbroideryWorks, but I just felt like I was lost in that program. I, personally, found the EmbroideryWorks much easier to use and a large part of that is due to the interface. You are right in that it is much more user friendly, at least to me, than Embird.

Of course, Embird does have the digitizing option, but I have no plans to digitize, so that part of the program was not important to me. But I will say out of all that is out there, Embird is probably the best when it comes to a digitizing program and much less expensive than other digitizers. I believe the folks at EmbLibrary.Com use Embird for their designs.

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

kerri Y
kerri Y
Intermediate
Member since 5/6/04

In reply to 1975Jumby <<

Date: 9/11/12 8:48 AM

Thanks 1975Jumby!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Embrilliance Essentials vs. EmbroideryWorks Everyday

Merchants on PR
Style Arc sewing dress patterns
Patterns That Fit
Web site
Victoria Jones Collection
Timeless Hawaiian styles
Web site
So Vintage Patterns
Thank You for Joining!
Deals!
Fitz Like a Glove Ironing Board Cover
Made In Australia
Deals!
SewBaby
Unique Sewing Patterns
Deals!

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Online Sewing Classes
Leather 101
Fee: $29.00
(Regular $49.00)
Leather 101

Online Sewing Classes
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Fee: $29.00
(Regular $49.00)
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

StyleArc Jacqui Coat Jacqui Coat
photo
Review by sfshaza on 9/7/11
Read Review

Sewing Workshop Daily News Bag Pattern
Sewing Workshop Daily News Bag Pattern

Details
Price: $12.00
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Runaround Bag
Runaround Bag

Details
Price: $8.00
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Sis Boom Rosetta Bag Digital Pattern
Sis Boom Rosetta Bag Digital Pattern

Details
Price: $8.00
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Blank Slate Lazy Day Pajamas Digital Pattern
Blank Slate Lazy Day Pajamas Digital Pattern

Details
Price: $7.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Simplicity 9025 Dress
photo
Review by lauramae on 6/18/13
Read Review

Butterick 3351 Pattern ( Size 2-3-4-5 )
Butterick 3351 Pattern ( Size 2-3-4-5 )

Details
Price: $10.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Sewaholic Patterns Cordova Jacket Pattern
Sewaholic Patterns Cordova Jacket Pattern

Details
Price: $17.98
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Subscribe to PR Message Board Feed Subscribe to the PR Message Board Feed Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe at NewsGator Online Subscribe at Bloglines Add to MyMSN