SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Pay it Forward ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Pay it Forward
Going to Amsterdam - anyone need patterns?
Mary Reed

Mary Reed
Intermediate
Arizona USA
Member since 6/2/03
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 5/26/12 0:53 AM

Last January 8th, I was shot along with Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona. (I am doing well. None of the three shots hit a major organ, artery or bone. And, I covered my daughter, so, she too is safe). Since then, I have been trying to "pay it forward" or do kind deeds with nothing expected in return. I am going to Amsterdam from June 28th through July 6th. If a couple of folks would like sale patterns, I will buy a couple of them for you and deliver it to you - or, perhaps mail it to you (I think it is cheaper to mail within the EU, right?). OR, if there is a group, perhaps I can buy for the group......I have never done this before, so if you have advice, please tell me.

Michelle T

Michelle T
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to Mary Reed <<

Date: 5/26/12 1:16 AM

Hi Mary,

Thank you for paying it forward. Here is Canada we heard a huge amount of the shooting, of Ms. Giffords, but nothing about anyone else being shot. I am glad you have survived and your daughter is safe.

Enjoy your time in Amsterdam, it is a beautiful city.

------
Proud parent of a Dwight International School Honour Roll Student

Luckylibbet
star
Luckylibbet
California USA
Member since 7/28/03
Send Message

In reply to Mary Reed <<

Date: 5/26/12 5:08 AM

You need to contact Sigrid Sigrid She lives in Amsterdam and would know what the sewing community there needs.

Her contact information, a yahoo address, is posted on her blog.

SigridSewingProjects

Look on the right side - a yahoo address is posted.

I am glad you are doing well. That incident was horrific! and kudos to you for moving beyond and focusing your life on moving on.

------
Suo ergo maledicto

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. - Steve Jobs

blue mooney
starstarstar
blue mooney
Intermediate
Member since 12/21/02
Send Message

Date: 5/26/12 7:09 AM

Mary, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. The national media was so totally focused on Gabby and I often wanted to yell at the radio, "There were other people shot, too!"

Your offer is very kind! I hope you hear from some of the European members and can take them some patterns. Enjoy Amsterdam!

------
--Robyn
sewing blog: http://bluemooney.wordpress.com/
other artwork blogged here: http://robynjorde.com/blog/

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to Mary Reed <<

Date: 5/26/12 8:15 PM

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to Mary Reed <<

Date: 5/26/12 8:21 PM

What a kind thing to do!

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

tourist
star
tourist  Friend of PR
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 7/23/07
online now
Send Message

Date: 5/26/12 8:32 PM

Oh my goodness! I expected to read, "someone bought me patterns in Europe and I'd like to return the favour." But what an amazing story. Wow. So glad to hear you are well and what a wonderful way to pay it forward. Have a wonderful time!

------
http://bgballroom.wordpress.com to follow the progress on my next ballgown.

KathleenS
starstar
KathleenS  Friend of PR
Intermediate
International AUSTRALIA
Member since 11/18/02
Send Message

Date: 5/26/12 9:07 PM

That's a lovely gesture and I'm glad you're doing well. How about posting also in the Regional Communities section, in the Europe thread in case some of them don't see it here? Or contacting Sigrid is a good idea too.

Mary Reed

Mary Reed
Intermediate
Arizona USA
Member since 6/2/03
Send Message

Date: 5/27/12 11:17 PM

Thank you, all! I will cross post to the European thread!!

Mary Reed

Mary Reed
Intermediate
Arizona USA
Member since 6/2/03
Send Message

Date: 5/27/12 11:20 PM

Thank you, all! I will cross post to the European thread!! And to answer your questions, yes I am okay. I am a very blessed.....

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Pay it Forward

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Simplicity 2872

photo
by: HOWsMom

Review
Bluegingerdoll The Peggy Skirt Pattern

Bluegingerdoll The Peggy Skirt Pattern

Buy Now
J Stern Designs Khaki Pants Pattern

J Stern Designs Khaki Pants Pattern

Buy Now
Simplicity 2332

photo
by: Larisa

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.