SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > all in a twirl ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
all in a twirl
I have fallen in love with this...
rmusic1
star
rmusic1
Advanced Beginner
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/3/10
Send Message

Date: 5/29/12 3:43 PM

I must first say I do my best not to impulse buy fabric. But this was just too gorgeous to resist. The shop where I got it from in Norwich said it was from a Paul Smith (apparently an english designer, haven't heard of him before) sample bolt.

There is just the one bolt which they managed to buy. It's a full circle skirt design!! I couldnt believe it, the whole thing, printed and even with little sparkly bits added. All you have to do is cut it out and work out how much to take off the waist to make it your size.

You will of course understand how even though I have lots of outstanding work, I snapped it up (5.50 for a matching pair!!!) and have been cutting it out today. I have bought matching black lace to go with it, to make the hem look even more pretty.

OK, I'll stop going on now, and show you a photo

stirwatersblue
star
stirwatersblue
Intermediate
KS USA
Member since 12/13/08
online now
Send Message

Date: 5/29/12 3:47 PM

I love that! The orange bits remind me of clementines! How long will it be? And what are you making to wear on top?!

------
~Gem in the prairie

Clareew
star
Clareew  Friend of PR
Intermediate
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 5/10/06
Send Message

Date: 5/29/12 4:03 PM

I absolutely adore that fabric, what a find. Did they have any more? I have a friend who lives near Norwich, what is the shop called.

I look forward to seeing your finished skirt.

------
Clare

Machines: Juki F600, Juki 654 serger, Bernina 550 for art work, Janome Coverpro 1000cp barely used
A Singer Featherweight Centennial and an old Necci in the loft waiting for TLC

http://art-by-clare.blogspot.co.uk/

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to rmusic1 <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/29/12 4:34 PM

I wouldn't consider this an impulse. It looks like a necessity! I cannot imagine not buying it.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Laurie Lou
star
Laurie Lou  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MN USA
Member since 10/16/05
Send Message

Date: 5/29/12 5:25 PM

Ooh, pretty. I would not resist either!

------
Laurie Lou

rmusic1
star
rmusic1
Advanced Beginner
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/3/10
Send Message

Date: 5/31/12 5:44 PM

thank you everyone for reassuring me it was worth buying. Whilst I am in awe of those who have accumulated over a kilometer (in one case over 3!) of fabric, I live in a small terrace house and there is NO way I would have the room to store so much.

So I try and restrain myself. But this was just too pretty. In answer to an earlier question, the fabric is from Anglian fashion fabrics, I did a review on the shop a month or so ago, if you want to know more about it.

Funnily enough, whilst I was chatting to the manager about the skirt, I discovered I had bought many months earlier some fabric which I am now making in to a shirt. It transpires this is also from Paul Smith. It appears I have good taste, which is always reassuring!

Courtney Ostaff
Courtney Ostaff
Intermediate
WV USA
Member since 11/23/10
Send Message

In reply to rmusic1 <<

Date: 5/31/12 5:48 PM

That is too cool!!

jacquiJB
jacquiJB  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
DENMARK
Member since 5/5/06
Send Message

Date: 6/1/12 2:43 AM

That is *so* beautiful. I have to admit, I'm feeling a little envious (which doesn't happen to me often!).

Can't wait to see your finished skirt.

rmusic1
star
rmusic1
Advanced Beginner
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/3/10
Send Message

Date: 6/1/12 3:24 AM

I've just had a thought. If anybody would like me to get them a skirt print (both sides) and post it to them (with them sending a cheque to cover the costs) I'm quite happy to do this.

I feel sad that not more people can just drive to Norwich if they wanted to. A lot of people have been so very generous with their time for me on pattern review, it feels nice to be able to offer a little of it back.

rmusic1
star
rmusic1
Advanced Beginner
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/3/10
Send Message

Date: 6/2/12 1:34 PM

just to say it's all been sewn together now. If you would like to see the finished skirt, the review is here.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> all in a twirl

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Register

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2011-109

photo
by: manola6176

Review
SewBaby More Blankie Buddies pattern Pattern

SewBaby More Blankie Buddies pattern Pattern

Buy Now
Katy Bags

Katy Bags

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.