SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Creative Sewing > Braless...ahem...coverage. ( Moderated by Lynnelle)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Braless...ahem...coverage.
$24 seems like a lot for...well, read on.
jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

Date: 6/10/12 3:55 PM

I'm small busted and can go braless, except for the nipple thing. I tried medical adhesive tape, I tried flesh-colored duct tape with some of the tackiness taken off, but neither of those solutions is fooling anybody.

Apparently, the proper thing to do is to purchase these:

And AMAZON purchasers rave about it. But, sheesh, $24 bucks for what appears to be two wads of Silly Putty.

Any $hortcuts?

j.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00 <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 6/10/12 4:21 PM

Yes, JoAnns in the bra strap/cup section. Lingerie department in Target and Dillard's. I think they are referred to as petals.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to a7yrstitch <<

Date: 6/10/12 4:24 PM

Cheaper?

The other thing I was thinking about using was this:

I have a bra that I just blew the straps on. I was thinking that I could attach the cups (to myself) with fashion adhesive.

Thanks, Sister Seven!

j.

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/10/12 4:27 PM

Seems like wearing a nice fitting bra would be less trouble.

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<

Date: 6/10/12 4:29 PM

Tink, you ARE right about this. But sometimes it's so much cooler to wear nothing.

j.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00 <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/10/12 4:31 PM

Let us know how that braless act works at airport security..

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
California USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00 <<

Date: 6/10/12 5:16 PM

Band aids are almost free, if you can get away with it!

That said, decades ago, I did get asked to go home and change my shirt once, to reflect more "proper corporate attire"once, at one job I worked at, even though I was completely decent , very covered and no one could see anything at all. It was actually a home sewn shirt, white cotton but a bit see though. As in see though, I only mean enough to tell you could not see an ugly white bra back, showing under the back of it. To solve that problem in the hot summer heat, I actually sewed lined and reinforced, and over embroidered pockets onto the front of it, to cover and hide everything.

I still got called on by the "corporate bra police" at my place of business. The lady that did that to me, was kind of a coward about it too, and used her second in command to reinforce that choice. I actually felt sorry for her, as her boss had been making her wear a paper clip though all her V neck blouses and actually clipped onto her bra, so in case she ever bent over, no one could see anything.

So I think it sort of just depends on where, and when, and business or not, and of course just what you are wearing, how you are built and how you feel about it.

CM_Sews
CM_Sews
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 9/18/04
Send Message

Date: 6/10/12 5:22 PM

After a quick look at Amazon at other silicone "chest products" (for example Fulcuptous - love that name) $24 seems to be within the general price range for similar type products.

(The less expensive products tend to not be made of silicone. My attempt here was to compare silicone products, not specifically products for covering nipples.)

CMC

gramma b
star
gramma b
USA
Member since 7/25/08
Send Message

Date: 6/10/12 5:23 PM

Try the new stretchy Hanes ones that come in sm-xl, like a soft sports bra. Great for around the house or blouses and do cover most everything for public wear except for tight T's. Most Boning is killing even for average sizes, a male structural engineer must have invented it so he could see cleavage? The other Hanes cups are shaped too weird for me. Target's with wires have a nice shape, but can wear only for a while.
Anyone else have a favorite NON-torture T brand for standard sizes?
We had a thread here for the endowed gals, do feel sympathy for you guys. I remember way back when a college roomy had dents in her shoulders, she didn't have a lot of choice then. And of course nothing to suppress them for Guy looks......

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to CM_Sews <<

Date: 6/10/12 6:07 PM

Quote: CM_Sews
After a quick look at Amazon at other silicone "chest products". $24 seems to be within the general price range for similar type products.
(The less expensive products tend to not be made of silicone. My attempt here was to compare silicone products, not specifically products for covering nipples.)

You're right, CM. And the cheapest silicone product ($17) says it's good for about 25 wearings before the adhesive wears off, but reviews of the $24 Nippies on Amazon says they're good for 50 wearings.
Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Creative Sewing >> Braless...ahem...coverage.

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Class Details

Online Class
Break your Serger Out of the Box
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Class Details

New Look 6102

photo
by: SteffieMar...

Review
Everyday Baskets

Everyday Baskets

More Info
Full Bust DVD

Full Bust DVD

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.