SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Quilters' Corner > I have ruined my quilt!! ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
I have ruined my quilt!!
Warbler
star
Warbler  Friend of PR
Advanced
Vermont USA
Member since 4/15/07
Send Message

Date: 6/15/12 3:10 PM

I think I have ruined my quilt!! I am now have to pick out all the quilting I have done so far because I just can not live with it the way it is. All my plans for quilting have to be thrown out the window and that means that I may not be able to show this quilt unless I can get a long arm quilter to do it within two weeks. I am so upset. I can not trust my quilting skills....

------
Janome MC6600 Bernina 240 Juki MO735 Singer 201-2 Singer 221-1

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 1/12/04
Send Message

Date: 6/15/12 3:22 PM

Your quilt is just beautiful. I hope you get it worked out.

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<

Date: 6/15/12 3:26 PM

It's hard, but calm yourself. What is the problem with your drop-dead gorgeous quilt? I'm not a quilter, but PR has deep pockets of them and I'm sure help is on the way.

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

GrandmaNewt
GrandmaNewt
Intermediate
Member since 6/5/10
Send Message

Date: 6/15/12 3:33 PM

Absolutely beautiful quilt. Whats the problem?

Warbler
star
Warbler  Friend of PR
Advanced
Vermont USA
Member since 4/15/07
Send Message

Date: 6/15/12 3:43 PM

Over the last year or so I am been loosing my fine motor skills. I do not have the control I need to create the shapes I want to make in quilting. Even if I draw the design first. Everything looks wonky and even though I had tried to give the quilting a whimsical look so the quilting doesn't have to be just so. Even still I can not create the shapes I want. Whimsical or not. I am half way through picking out one block.

------
Janome MC6600 Bernina 240 Juki MO735 Singer 201-2 Singer 221-1

AminaHijabi
star
AminaHijabi
Advanced Beginner
Member since 10/22/10
Send Message

Date: 6/15/12 4:12 PM

awww big hug for you. You sure you're not being too hard on yourself and it's actually just fine, jut not meeting the picture in your head?

big hug for you no matter what.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 6/15/12 4:19 PM

Beautiful quilt warbler. If you had not mentioned that you wanted to show your quilt in two weeks, I'd be wondering what the problem is.

Do you suppose you could put out an appeal to PR members in your area? Perhaps there is a talented long arm quilter within a reasonable drive who might give priority to a PR friend.

I'm sorry that I'm not near enough to at least help with the unpicking or coffee fetching.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<

Date: 6/15/12 4:26 PM

Your quilt looks beautiful to me! I literally cannot see what imperfections would make you want to undo the whole thing. As Amina said, is it possible that you are demanding too much of yourself?

But if you truly think you are losing your fine motor skills, is the problem with your hands, your sight, or with hand-eye coordination? Is this something you have discussed with your doctor?

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/15/12 5:15 PM

How much have you done? Call around and see if someone will do this for you at this point. Normally I would say put it away and think for awhile until you gather yourself together. I am so so sorry to hear you feel bad. Sending hugs without that stupid little overly happy face the emoticon has....just big hugs and a pat on the back or two here.

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to Warbler <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 6/15/12 5:44 PM

I learned long ago its hard to console someone while they are very upset.. so first I am sending

After you take a deep breath.. I am sure the answer will come to you as to what to do. I think you may be upset not just at the quilting efforts.. but the frustration of our limitations as we age.

The quilt is beautiful btw. and if taking it out to be quilted does more justice to it.. and will satisfy you.. then there is your solution. Don't beat yourself about the head over something you cannot control.. I think also being in a hurry did not help ..

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Quilters' Corner >> I have ruined my quilt!!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
More Knits
More Knits

Class Details

Online Class
Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Class Details

Sew Liberated Lola and Lolita Aprons

Sew Liberated Lola and Lolita Aprons

More Info
De-Mystifying Fit - A CD Book

De-Mystifying Fit - A CD Book

More Info
McCall's 5366

photo
by: Holmar

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.