SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers > Babylock Coverstitch Machine ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Babylock Coverstitch Machine
Should I or Shouldn't I??
heathergwo
heathergwo  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 11/14/11
Send Message

Date: 6/22/12 9:06 PM

Ok, so my local dealer is having a Babylock event starting today with 36 months no interest for all BL machines.

I was looking at their coverstitch machine. I was SHOCKED at the price! $1200!!!

Of course, with the interest free financing, it's only $37/month for me to take one of those babies home.

I read the reviews here and everyone seems to really love their machine, but I'm not sold yet. I just recently got a Brother 2340CV and like it, but don't LOVE it. Of course, I haven't really had much of a chance to use it, either.

So... should I go for it? Wait and see if I end up really liking/not liking my Brother? Don't go for it?

I'm really not happy with the price, but I don't think they'll negotiate with this financing deal.

HELP!!!

------
Brother Innovis 1250D
Babylock Enlighten
Singer Curvy 8763
Brother 1034D
Janome 385.19606
Brother 2340CV

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to heathergwo <<

Date: 6/22/12 9:56 PM

It is awesome, and one of these days I'm gonna get one. BUT, you should be able to get it for $999 I think--even with financing I'd hope but maybe not? Can you call a couple of other dealers and see if they will work with you?

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

JEF
starstarstar
JEF  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 7/27/05
Board Moderator
Send Message

Date: 6/22/12 10:00 PM

I got mine for $999 but that was several years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the price has gone up in 3 or 4 years.

I really enjoy mine and bet you'd enjoy it too. However, I think in your shoes I'd run the Brother through its paces and see if it is a good fit for you. I don't think Babylock often does financing but I'm sure it will come around again at some point.

JEF
-- Edited on 6/22/12 10:00 PM --

------
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 6/22/12 10:00 PM

DO IT! You sew a lot of knits. The machine is fabulous. I have not had even one hickup...and the quality of my knit garments is way better. I paid $1000 for mine 3 years ago. The $1200 sounds very reasonable. $37 a month....no brainer...do it.

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to threaddy <<

Date: 6/22/12 10:08 PM

I think you have the most fabulous machine set up!!!

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

brigita
brigita  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 8/10/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/22/12 10:21 PM

I purchased mine for a 1000 last month. No regrets at all and use it a lot. Even now I'm sewing a skirt from woven fabric. It needs a lot of double needle top stitching along the seams. If not testing my Bernina after repair, I would do all double needle top stitching on BL CS.
It is much easier to have 2 or 3 machines ready , then rethreading one many times. I think BL makes top the line sergers and CS machines.
My vote is YES

------
I'm sorry for my poor grammar. English is not my first language.

Bernina 830LE, Bernina 350PE, Viking QDII, Singer 7462, BL Imagine, BL CS.

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 6/22/12 10:24 PM

I thank the Sewing Gods for the day I decided I wanted to try out a BLCS. Took mine home the same day.

You would have to go through me to get to my BLCS.

And nobody's getting through me to get to my BLCS.

I only regret I didn't own one years ago.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

brigita
brigita  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 8/10/07
Send Message

In reply to LynnRowe <<

Date: 6/22/12 10:26 PM

Quote: LynnRowe
I thank the Sewing Gods for the day I decided I wanted to try out a BLCS. Took mine home the same day.

You would have to go through me to get to my BLCS.

And nobody's getting through me to get to my BLCS.

I only regret I didn't own one years ago.

------
I'm sorry for my poor grammar. English is not my first language.

Bernina 830LE, Bernina 350PE, Viking QDII, Singer 7462, BL Imagine, BL CS.

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 6/22/12 10:30 PM

Oh, I did not realize your Brother is a coverstitch machine....hmmm could you sell it? I would certainly demo the BabyLock...maybe it is the cover stitch itself you don't love?
I sure love my BLCS though...
tough one
but $37 a month is hard to pass up...but that is how one can get into trouble...$37 here and $37 there and the next thing you know it's $370 and then $3700.....eeeeek

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

rebelina

rebelina  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/1/10
Send Message

Date: 6/22/12 11:36 PM

My vote is no, not that I didn't want one myself, and I also sew a ton of knits and bathingsuits.
The price is outlandish. You just got your Brother, see how much you use it before you upgrade. My dealer quoted me 900 for a Blcs. I scored my Janome for less than 300 w shipping and insurance (it doesn't smell now BTW) and I'm thrilled with it but its not like I use the thing every day.

At least wait to see how much usage you get out of your brother, for a month or two? The financing deal is another bill to pay.

Cheers and I will understand if you just.have.to.have.it.

------
Bernina Aurora 430
Bernina Activa 125
Singer 403A
Singer 66 Lotus Treadle
Brother 1034D
Janome Coverpro 1000cp

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers >> Babylock Coverstitch Machine

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

McCall's 5806

photo
by: sew silly

Review
BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-135

photo
by: Merche

Review
Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern

Buy Now
Full Bust DVD

Full Bust DVD

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.