SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Rare Vintage Sewing Machine Attachments ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Rare Vintage Sewing Machine Attachments
Those elusive objects of desire
nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

Date: 6/27/12 10:04 AM

Right now I'm obsessed with acquiring a rare vintage attachment for my new Singer Featherweight 221. I've combed through ebay, etsy, craig's list and the back pages of all the major search engines but have come up empty handed. The only thing I've found are ghosts of past auctions and sales with their tantalizing photos, descriptions and even a video or two. You might say I stalk them daily.

Unfortunately, I cannot name the attachment here because to do so would only trigger a frenzy of demand for an obscure but incredibly scarce resource. But I will say it's not the Penguin walking foot. Those attachments are easily available to anyone willing to fork over four or five hundred dollars and have absolutely no appeal to me.

No, the item I seek is not stratospherically priced -- it simply isn't available.

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001 <<

Date: 6/27/12 10:38 AM

PM me and let me know whatcher hunting for. You never know...

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to LynnRowe <<

Date: 6/27/12 11:12 AM

Thank you, Lynn, I just sent a PM.

------

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001 <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/27/12 11:29 AM

This is a flare up of SMAD 2 ............... Sewing Machine Attachment Disease ..... ut oh! ............ I had a very bad flareup of it over Christmas! ... fortunately I am temporarily cured. .....

Have you checked small appliance repair shops? I am surprised by things showing up at our Razor/small appliance repair shop!

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<

Oh my..here we go again, no job...Sighing allot..

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to tgm and Kittys <<

Date: 6/27/12 11:40 AM

I don't see any cure in sight for me. If I weren't broke from university tuition... Well, I guess we could call that a temporary cure, lol!

My weakest spot is for the Singer Fashion Aids cases. I own several, and covet every one I come across, including the 3 currently up on ebay. I mourn the loss of the last 5 that sold on ebay, as I'd longed for each one of them. No idea why I can't seem to get enough of them.

Other than they're so damn CUTE!!! I want more!!!!!!!! They should ALL be MINE ALL MINE!!!

Oops. Please excuse the temporary yet total loss of self-control just displayed.

Thank you.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

rebelina

rebelina  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/1/10
Send Message

Date: 6/27/12 11:55 AM

Oh no, SMAD2? I was wondering why I suddenly had to have the Singer Professional Buttonholer, and then the Singer Monogrammer for Slant as well.

Now I'm obsessing over Activas; namely a 125 or 130. I have no IDEA why. I wouldn't mind sending one to my sisters to have it there when I go visit I suppose...

------
Bernina Aurora 430
Bernina Activa 125
Singer 403A
Singer 66 Lotus Treadle
Brother 1034D
Janome Coverpro 1000cp

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to rebelina <<

Date: 6/27/12 1:12 PM

Those Singer Professional Buttonholers and Monogrammers (Regular and Deluxe) are quite irresistable. Fortunately, they can be readily found on ebay for very reasonable prices. Have you bought yours yet?

------

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

Date: 6/27/12 1:14 PM

That's a good idea, tgm. However, the item I'm looking for is so rare, it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

------

lisalu
star
lisalu
Advanced Beginner
Georgia USA
Member since 10/5/08
Send Message

Date: 6/27/12 2:17 PM

Okay, I am an attachment FREAK, and I absolutely must know which attachment you seek!!! I PROMISE not to bid against you on eBay if one should appear. And who knows, I might have it or I might be able to find it for you. My antennae is always up for vintage Singer attachments! PM me if you don't want to tell the world!!! ;)

------
Jim (Singer 301), Margaret (Singer 201-2), Betty (Singer 15-91), Bud (Singer 503), Kathy (Singer 221), Liz (Singer 221 Centennial Edition)
http://runningstitches-mkb.blogspot.com/

Soolip
star
Soolip
Advanced
California USA
Member since 6/18/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/27/12 2:26 PM

I must have enough underbraiders, gauge feet, single and two thread embroidery attachements, faggoters, monogrammers, tuckers, hemstitchers, blind hemmers, pinking attachements, various zig zag attachments, cams, buttonholers and templates, eyelet templates, flange hemmers and singercraft thingies to fill a small warehouse!

Of course I couldn't bear to part with any of them. Sorry.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Rare Vintage Sewing Machine Attachments

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Simplicity 1688

photo
by: CJgal

Review
Sew Liberated Myla Tank Pattern

Sew Liberated Myla Tank Pattern

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Inset Jacket

Christine Jonson Inset Jacket

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.