SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > 1st Trip to Mood NYC in July ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
1st Trip to Mood NYC in July
Care to join me?
wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/30/12 1:17 PM

I'm already levitating, so you make have to pull me down from the ceiling. Unless that's where they stash the best stuff.

I'll probably go more than once as the very 1st time I may be too delirious with joy. Anyone like to meet me there? At this point my dates in NYC are roughly 24th - 29th.

And also, I'll be going to other fabric shops plus Tender Buttons. I'd better keep sewing up some stash and start budgeting.

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

Karla Kizer
starstarstar
Karla Kizer  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

Date: 6/30/12 1:22 PM

Three recommendations: Paron Fabrics on 40th St, Pacific Trims on 38th and LouLou Buttons, just east of 6th Avenue on 38th. Have a wonderful time!

------
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -Robert Heinlein and Ann's father. Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

Where are we going, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to Karla Kizer <<

Date: 6/30/12 1:56 PM

Thanks Karla for the reminder about Paron's. LouLou Buttons- I like that name and am quite a button nut . . . and trims and . . . I only discovered Mood through Project Runway. Will also look at the PR NY Weekend for resources.

In fact, a good part of my childhood I got schlepped around the garment district by my grandmother who worked there. As a first sample maker to high-end designers, she made evening gowns in matte jersey and such. She also worked at the Metropolitan Opera making headdresses. At a young age I helped her pick out lots of wild trims. We also frequented Lower Manhattan.

What the heck was going on in my head that I worked so hard for the last 15 years? I had no time to sew and am accustomed to about 4 hours of sleep. Hey, more time to sew!

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

dresscode

dresscode  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 7/28/04
Send Message

Date: 6/30/12 5:05 PM

Definitely Elliott Berman. (I love LouLou Buttons too). There is a good fashion magazine store near Lou Lou, Magazine Cafe.

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to dresscode <<

Date: 6/30/12 5:10 PM

I've only looked at Elliot Berman online, so perusing the actual shop will be fun. And how did you know in addition to all else, i'm a magazine nut? Gee thanks. Now, where can I send my DH whilst I am happily whiling away the hours. I'll also be going to the Met for the Schaparelli and Prada exhibit. 7 days will fly by.

------

Karla Kizer
starstarstar
Karla Kizer  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/8/02
Send Message

In reply to wendyrb <<

Date: 6/30/12 7:15 PM

My DH was pretty happy sitting on bench in Bryant Park, admiring the "scenery." But perhaps yours isn't a Dirty Old Man....

Trims: remember M&J. Trims AND buttons.
-- Edited on 6/30/12 7:16 PM --
-- Edited on 6/30/12 7:20 PM --

------
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.” -Robert Heinlein and Ann's father. Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

Where are we going, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

beginagain
star
beginagain  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Kentucky USA
Member since 10/30/06
Send Message

Date: 6/30/12 7:35 PM

I went with a group that included one DH. He took the water taxi around Manhatten for fun. Elliott Berman has a sign on their door that says ,"knock loudly". They keep it locked, probably for security.

------
If you wait for the perfect time to start, you'll never start.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to wendyrb <<

Date: 6/30/12 11:38 PM

My idea of a dream shopping trip in NY. Gather a group and secure a limo for the day! It wouldn't hurt to have one of those pool guys that is always mentioned on the Pigling for Prez thread to run our packages down to the limo for us. Perhaps run up some bottles of water. Certain PR members would probably want foot massages too to keep them at peak shopping performance.

Have a great time and take a whiff of cheesecake for me!

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Changma
star
Changma  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 2/20/12
Send Message

Date: 7/1/12 6:58 AM

Wendyrb-
I'd love to meet with you for a day of shopping. I keep telling DD to come with me (we live on LI) but she has no interest in fabric shopping, although she'd go to the city for just about anything else-so sad.
I'm home in the summer, so any day would be OK. And I used to work in the city, so I can find my way around.
-- Edited on 7/1/12 7:04 AM --
-- Edited on 7/1/12 7:04 AM --

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to a7yrstitch <<

Date: 7/1/12 7:49 AM

I think she should take my Italian butler instead of a pool boy.. looks classier for the City.

Oh gosh.. would I ever love to go with you. Alas, I have no zookeeper to act in my absence.. so I will be with you ''in spirit'' which means of course you have my go ahead to blow your budget for this trip.. You won't regret it.. but you most certainly will have regrets is you look back and keep thinking about all you did not buy..

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> 1st Trip to Mood NYC in July

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

StyleArc Marni Ponti Jacket

photo
by: mhoutz

Review
My Favorite Duffle Bag

My Favorite Duffle Bag

Buy Now
10 inch Serrated Edge Shears

10 inch Serrated Edge Shears

Buy Now
My Image Magazine M1113

photo
by: Kathhhhhy

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.