SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > July Sun Shine Thread!!!!!! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
July Sun Shine Thread!!!!!!
Happy 4Th!!!! Happy to all, birthdays, vacations, anniversarys, or anything.
skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/5/12 10:46 PM

Happy Belated 4th of July!!!!!!. Today is July 5th. We just got back from a little vacation. We spent a few days with my daughter. She will be starting her 3rd year of medical school. She will start rotations. Working with Dr's. We had a good visit with her. Then we left and went to st louis. We saw the arch and went up in it. Saw a bit of the 4th parade in st louis
After spending looking around a bit. We started our way back up . We drove a long the mississippi river. Beautiful. We loved highway 79 out of st louis going north. We just may go back and take that road with our motorcycles. It was gently rolling big hills. As we went north we drove in Ill. and in Iowa.
We even drove through a city that is built on an Island on the miss. I will post pictures later.
Happy Birthday , Anniversary, or anything.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to skae <<

Date: 7/6/12 8:28 AM

You certainly deserved and most likely needed that vacation.. Glad to see you are back with us. Look forward to seeing your pics..

AdaH
star
AdaH  Friend of PR
Intermediate
IA USA
Member since 11/21/09
Send Message

Date: 7/6/12 12:43 PM

That area is really pretty. I love driving along the river farther up north. Around Dubuque IA going north.

------
Ada

carolhope

carolhope
Advanced
MA USA
Member since 3/7/06
Send Message

In reply to skae <<

Date: 7/7/12 3:31 PM

This July 4th was very special to me. DH and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. The day was quiet, but exactly what we wanted. We spent this past week at our small house on a lake in New Hampshire. Our younger daughter and her family spent a few days with us. We went to the town's parade in the morning and spent the afternoon building sand castles and swimming at the beach. After dinner we went out for ice cream and then watched fireworks. We used to tell our daughters that all the parades and fireworks on the 4th were to celebrate Mom and Dad's anniversary, and they used to believe us! Our daughter gifted us a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne, which we have saved to share with both daughters and their families on another occasion. DH remarked on our anniversary that the first fifty years have been easy and smooth for him and I took that as a great compliment from someone who rarely compliments. All in all, it was a great day and I am truly blessed.

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/7/12 3:34 PM

Today is July 7th. Any Vacation!!!!! Picture PLEASE!.
Happy birthday to those having one today. Happy anniversary to those having one. Happy anything to those today.
Here are some vacation picture's of my vacation.
my daughter and granddaughter

driving over to the museum in dallas.

the entrance to the museum. Me,granddaughter, husband.

some of the attractions there.

st. louis arch getting there.

on top of the arch.

at the bottom of the arch. me and my granddaughter.

st louis skyline.

Heading North along the mississippi river.

Some of the bridges we crossed over the mississippi river.

Enjoy the pictures.
anyone else have vacation pictures

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

Date: 7/7/12 9:50 PM

Facebook moments.

this is a sweet picture of my niece. She love horses and so does her daughter.

enjoy!!!!!

------

Canadian Jane
star
Canadian Jane
Advanced Beginner
AB CANADA
Member since 10/30/10
Send Message

Date: 7/8/12 11:34 AM

Those are some amazing pics Skae. How blessed you are to have such a wonderful family!

July 3 was my birthday. Due to Canada Day being on July 1 my birthday usally turns into a "season". So on Canada Day, my DH and I went and celebrated my birthday at one of our fav restaurants. It was great. We were too tired (and full) to go the Canada Day fireworks later that night . (The fireworks don't start until 11:00 pm. We are so far north that it is not dark enough until then). I spent the rest of the week lunching with various friends, and catching up. How great is that?

Will spend the rest of the month trying to get my yard in order and planning for my vacation at the end of the month and into August. It's shopping time!!!

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 7/9/12 9:08 PM

My Manequim sub FINALLY went through with all the problems with the bank, language and everything else. I was told that I'd be charged in about a week and a mag sent off.

Yay!

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

Date: 7/9/12 11:42 PM

HAPPY TO ALL WHO IS HAVING A GREAT BIRTHDAY ANNIVERSARY OR ANYTHING SPEACIAL. JULY 9TH 2012.
I just want to share what I'm working on now. I finialy got one of my pfaff 130 sewing machine cleaned and tune. I am doing a leather jacket for my granddaughter. I still have a ways to go in getting it done. I'm using a demin jacket pattern and then altered the pieces to more whole pieces.
Here the pictures.
this is the back of the jacket with the embrodery of harley davidson written on the back.

This is the pocket. I'm puting red detail insets for the pocket and the sleeves along with a red collar. I just have this one inset put in.

My granddaughter is modeling the back.

My grandaughter is modeling the front.

any projects happening?

------

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

Date: 7/11/12 6:18 PM

HOT! HOT! HOT!. 88 DEGREES TODAY. How is everyone fairing with the heat!!!!
Happy birthday who is having a birthday today. Happy anniversary too to those who have one. Happy anything toooooooo!!!!!!.
Here is few face book moments.

enjoy!!!!!

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> July Sun Shine Thread!!!!!!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Colette Patterns Taffy

photo
by: Jasst282

Review
Vogue Patterns 8765

photo
by: OlindaM

Review
Bluegingerdoll Stella Blouse

Bluegingerdoll Stella Blouse

Buy Now
Stitch 'n' Flip Jacket Construction - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Stitch 'n' Flip Jacket Construction  - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.