SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Quilters' Corner > My Second Disappearing Nine Patch ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
My Second Disappearing Nine Patch
I must be out of my mind!!!
SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

thumbsup 6 members like this.

Date: 7/11/12 9:42 PM

Here's what I did today. :

It is 45 x 58. I must be crazy! I do not know how I am ever going to quilt this or the other one I am working on. They are much bigger than anything I ever wanted to make. I think I may have gotten in over my head!!

Any hints as to doing large meandering all over? I may ask a friend to quilt them since she does FMQ. It will be given as a gift.

-- Edited on 7/11/12 10:05 PM --

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
online now
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63 <<

Date: 7/11/12 10:13 PM

Is this the Hartford fabrics? I like how some of the colors go together and how others go with others, but not as well with the main fabric. That makes it interesting. I would bet it is so much prettier in person than on the net. Cameras bleed out the colors, making it hard to really see what is what. All in all, I LIKE IT.

I gotta try that disappearing 9 patch for my next one. Love, love, love all the purples in this one. Your 3 borders are very nice. I really love the blue outer fabric. Normally I am not a lover of blue, but that fabric just calls to me.
Learn

------
I really enjoy quilting. I love to play with fabrics, colors and pictures. I recently discovered how much fun applique can be. As I love making pictures, landscape quilting can be challenging, but seeing the picture come to life is so rewarding.
Bernina 630, my main machine
Pfaff 2036, my class machine
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Learn To Sew <<

Date: 7/11/12 10:24 PM

Yes it is the Hartfield fabric. I don't like some of the prints. I was a bit disappointed in the charm pack. There were only 3 browns and a lot of the teal. The charm pack had only 30 squares so I cut out more teal and the pin striped on so I could make it this big. Overall, it turned out all right and my oldest DD loves it. the binding is the solid purple.

------
~Diana~

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

Michelle T

Michelle T
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63 <<

Date: 7/12/12 0:21 AM

Great Job!

My next project will be a disappearing 9 patch, but made with Breeze by Windham Layer Cake. I have to finish the quilt top I am making with the matching jelly roll and charm pack.

It will be oversized and I want to find a great solid to use for the middle blocks so the small squares really pop. It will likely be a Christmas Present for my Mum. She loves the colour combination of the one I am making for myself.

------
Proud parent of a Dwight International School Honour Roll Student

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63 <<

Date: 7/12/12 0:44 AM

Wow, it is so pretty! You are on a roll...

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

clotheshorse
star
clotheshorse  Friend of PR
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/24/10
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63 <<

Date: 7/12/12 0:49 AM

It's very pretty

------
Viking D1, 1+, Pfaff 7570, Singer 503 Rocketeer, 66, 15-91, 301, Featherweight 6 Flock, Babylock Enlighten & CS and Pfaff Creative Performance

Marie367
Marie367  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 5/28/11
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63 <<

Date: 7/12/12 8:31 AM

That is very pretty! I have been dabbling in quilting for years. Last winter I got a bunch of quilting stuff for hardly anything including Moda fabric. I knew I needed something super simple-this is it.
You quilt is so inspirational! Just awesome. I think I am going to try it.
The other was nice too!

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Marie367 <<

Date: 7/12/12 8:53 AM

Thanks. The disappearing nine patch is very easy. Have fun trying it!

------
~Diana~

StitchinMom
StitchinMom
Advanced Beginner
Rhode Island USA
Member since 9/15/08
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63 <<

Date: 7/12/12 11:37 AM

This one is beautiful too! I love how you can use the same pattern, but different fabrics and it just completely changes the personality of what you're making.

So you said you did this in a day? Does that include cutting and everything to complete the top? That's impressive.

How fun! I can't wait to finish my latest couple projects so I can start on this pattern!

------
StitchinMom
Janome MC6600P; Janome 3160QDC; Janome Jem 760; BabyLock Imagine Wave Serger;
For teaching:
Janome Sew Mini; Janome Jem 661; Kenmore 19233; Kenmore 18221; knitting needles & crochet hooks :)

Skittl1321
star
Skittl1321
Advanced Beginner
Iowa USA
Member since 9/9/07
Send Message

Date: 7/12/12 11:44 AM

Very pretty. These are reasonable sizes to do on a domestic machine.

Google "Leah Day Free Motion Quilt Along" she has some great videos teaching how to quilt. (She has tons of videos on free motion fillers, but her quilt along also talks about basic stippling on a quilt.)

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Quilters' Corner >> My Second Disappearing Nine Patch

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

Register

Simplicity 2907

photo
by: wendlesue

Review
Paradiso Designs Retro Granny Skirt Formula Pattern

Paradiso Designs Retro Granny Skirt Formula Pattern

Buy Now
Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern

Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.