SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Events and Conferences > Quilt Expo September 6th -8th , Madison WI ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Quilt Expo September 6th -8th , Madison WI
At the Alliant Energy Center
tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 7/13/12 2:33 PM

I just got my flyer for this years Quilt Expo. Sounds fun... Jennifer Chiaverini author is going to be there & autograph books on Thursday & Friday at 1 PM. DH took me last year & it was fun. I hope I can go this year. Keep your fingers crossed I can convince DH to take me again.

It is very tempting they are having a couple classes I would like to go to & they will be using the Babylock Symphony! Oh WOWEE ... Using that sm would be a big deal to me ... the classes of course are the real learning experience. ...

Hope some of our members can come. Plan to spend most of a whole day if you do many many fun things & vendors.

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^
DH eye tumor is starting to shrink! Yipee!! This is very good news.
My kid brother had a triple bypass ..he made it.through the surgery okay. Please keep him in your prayers. A long road to recovery ahead, as more heart issues found. Still so glad he is okay.
"Dear God...Help me out please!" ..Fr. Eric
Might I say ..Thank you +

SheBear0320
star
SheBear0320  Friend of PR
Advanced
MB
Member since 4/8/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/13/12 3:27 PM

I think we are going to be in the Madison area around that time while on vacation -- will put it on the list of possible things to do (would be fun to just look around).

------
Sheila
"sewing very slowly to fill an empty closet"

2014 Stash Busting Sew-Along:
53.875 yards sewn (as of 07/28/14)
79.875 yards purchased (as of 07/28/14)

tgm and Kittys
star
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to SheBear0320 <<

Date: 7/13/12 11:28 PM

If I can give you anymore info let me know...I am keeping my flyer for now....
Oh it is $8 to get in & they do charge parking. They have food booths available. Last year I met a group of ladies who had come on a bus from the Michigan UP !! ...
Vendors too come from all over the midwest & other areas too....

I hope you can come....

------
My kid brother had a triple bypass ..he made it.through the surgery okay. Please keep him in your prayers. A long road to recovery ahead, as more heart issues found. Still so glad he is okay.

SheBear0320
star
Advanced
MB
Member since 4/8/08
Send Message

In reply to tgm and Kittys <<

Date: 7/14/12 0:33 AM

Is there a website address on your flyer? Will have to google the location and see exactly where it is located. DH might drop me off and head out to visit some cycling or model train hobby stores while I'm checking things out.

Although our travel schedule isn't etched in stone -- we are planning a couple of days in the Madison area on our way back home.

------
Sheila

tgm and Kittys
star
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 7/14/12 7:21 AM

Yes.
wiquiltexpo.com

It is exciting to me that you maybe can come one of the days. Big Smile. ...... If you can be there at 2 PM in the afternoons Nancy Zeiman from Sewing with Nancy is at the Public TV booth & will visit & give autographs. I met her briefly last year she is so nice. ; )

There are a few fairly large bicycle shops but not close to the Expo. Also shops that sell kyaks & canoes. The big train attraction is in Freedom WI but that is about an 45 min away & a working steam engine & depot you can take train rides & see little museum & like that.
-- Edited on 7/14/12 7:22 AM --

------

SheBear0320
star
Advanced
MB
Member since 4/8/08
Send Message

Date: 7/14/12 10:59 AM

Thanks -- I've bookmarked the site and added it to the vacation folder -- will let you know if I'm going to be in the area.

I'll also pass on the bicycle shop info -- doesn't need to be close as DH can drive there and pick me up later (I'll need several hours at the expo anyway).

Will also mention Freedom to DH -- we already have several train attractions on our list.

------
Sheila

SheBear0320
star
Advanced
MB
Member since 4/8/08
Send Message

Date: 7/16/12 1:01 AM

Well it looks like I will be attending the quilt show on September 6th. It fits into our travel plans and DH figures he will go cycling for the day -- lots of trails in Madison and area so he'll be fine for the day.

Any other sewing-related must sees in Madison -- visited Gayfeather last year on the way to PR Weekend in Chicago.

We are also going to fit the North Freedom train into our travels after we leave Madison and head towards Osceola.

Thanks for the info.

------
Sheila

tgm and Kittys
star
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 7/19/12 1:06 PM

Perhaps if you do come we could meet that day & have lunch there maybe? .... me being kinda nervous ... being online is good but not sure you would like to see me in person...

DH thinks the chili cook off is also that weekend if you like chili. I am not sure though.

Hope you have safe & wonderful vacation.

Other info is available at Nancy's Notions website too. ...

------

SheBear0320
star
Advanced
MB
Member since 4/8/08
Send Message

Date: 7/19/12 1:14 PM

Would love to meet up for a coffee or lunch at the quilt show on the 6th. DH is going to drop me off and he is going to head off for some bike shops-- he'll have no problem finding something to keep him busy for as long as I want to be there.

I will probably come fairly early so that I have the whole day if I want it -- I love walking around expos and soaking up the vibes. I get the chance to talk to so many different and interesting people about a passion we share.

Going to check out some of the classes and see if there is anything of interest -- otherwise I'll just be hanging out and checking out the vendors and the free lectures, etc.

We'll have to stay in touch as the date gets closer.

------
Sheila

tgm and Kittys
star
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 7/27/12 9:29 AM

I found out yesterday the sheep & wool expo is the same weekend! My gosh it will be like you could hit 2 biggy events in that same weekend ! I have been a couple of times... there is allot of info on sheep, fly ball trials (love that) besides info on wool, spinning, weaving & like that. ......... I dunno it might be hard for me to get DH to hit 2 events back to back!!! .... Just thought I would post about this event also.

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Events and Conferences >> Quilt Expo September 6th -8th , Madison WI

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Burda 7579

photo
by: Pinkytoo

Review
Paradiso Designs Kimono Jacket Formula Pattern

Paradiso Designs Kimono Jacket Formula Pattern

Buy Now
Favorite Things Little Prairie Girl Pattern

Favorite Things Little Prairie Girl Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.