SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > 4d embroidery upgrade to pro? ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
4d embroidery upgrade to pro?
How do I get an upgrade?
ClaireCh
ClaireCh
Intermediate
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/21/12
Send Message

Date: 7/21/12 1:28 PM

Hi,
Hope someone can advise me what to do! I recently bought a Husqvarna designer SE second hand and have the 4d software loaded onto my laptop but I can't create my own designs, which is something I'd like to do. On digging around online I found mention of 4d professional which looks like it will let me do this, but how do I upgrade it? My dealer tells me I need a dongle which is no longer available - can you get them secondhand? I'd be very grateful for any advice :)

Claire

diane s
star
diane s  Friend of PR
Intermediate
OR USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 7/21/12 5:38 PM

Have you used your software yet without a dongle? I have 3D and can't use it unless I have the dongle inserted in my computer.

------
My grandmother taught me to sew when I was 10, and I've been sewing ever since.

deesews
star
deesews
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 9/24/08
Send Message

Date: 7/22/12 0:30 AM

As an alternative, you might consider Creative Drawings 5. I found it online. It is reasonably priced, has great features, and there are many helpful videos and tutorials available for free, plus a Yahoo group. At this site, they are still selling version 5, which is only $400. The upgrade to version 6 is $200. Creative Drawings 5. Software that digitizes usually costs WAY more.

Look for tutorials and webinars at Learning. Plus, search it on YouTube. I am very happy with it! And yes, it requires a dongle as well.

ClaireCh
ClaireCh
Intermediate
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/21/12
Send Message

In reply to diane s <<

Date: 7/22/12 5:09 AM

Yes I have a dongle for 4d and have used the software with the dongle 'plugged in' but I can't create my own designs, only edit those in the library. Frustrating!

Claire

ClaireCh
ClaireCh
Intermediate
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/21/12
Send Message

In reply to deesews <<

Date: 7/22/12 5:13 AM

Thank you deesews I'll check that out, and the tutorials. I've been looking at embird reviews too but having almost got what I want I don't know whether to try and get hold of this elusive dongle for 4d pro second hand if I can.

Claire

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

In reply to ClaireCh <<

Date: 7/22/12 9:17 AM

Here's one on ebay. Check first with the seller if the dongel come with it. She is selling it for 699. 4d suite
This will work with your sewing machine too. Pfaff and Husqvarna are on in the same softwear.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

ClaireCh
ClaireCh
Intermediate
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/21/12
Send Message

In reply to skae <<

Date: 7/22/12 2:00 PM

Aha! That's very helpful to know thank you, I had no idea that it is the same as Pfaff and it states it is with dongle. Just need to figure out how to afford the price now :)

Claire

aslinnd

aslinnd
Advanced Beginner
AUSTRALIA
Member since 5/28/07
Send Message

Date: 7/22/12 9:20 PM

does your 4d have the embroidery wizard with it? that lets you import drawings provided they are in the correct format. if so you can create the embroidery basic with the wizard and edit it from there.

ClaireCh
ClaireCh
Intermediate
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 7/21/12
Send Message

In reply to aslinnd <<

Date: 7/23/12 1:24 PM

No wizard that I can find. It's very limiting as to what I can do really - I can literally only edit ones in the library and being a creative sort I wanted to design my own. I'm new to machine embroidery - this is my first embroidery machine after having wanted one for years, but I'm not new to design. I'm pretty good with photoshop etc so was very keen on seeing how my designs translated to stitch. Thwarted! My dealer tells me I need a Pro dongle but they aren't available through him any more so if I can't get one second hand I'm stumped.....

aslinnd

aslinnd
Advanced Beginner
AUSTRALIA
Member since 5/28/07
Send Message

Date: 7/23/12 11:24 PM

If you want to stay with the same suite of products check if the 4D embroidery extra has the wizard -

Otherwise you should look at a different product. Try one of the free trial products or free embroidery products that let you import from your design software. Pro is expensive and since you are just starting it is better to trial products to see what you prefer

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> 4d embroidery upgrade to pro?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Register

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

BurdaStyle Downloadable 261

photo
by: Renren

Review
New Look 6071

photo
by: margy.64

Review
Making Patterns from Existing Garments - A CD book by Kenneth King

Making Patterns from Existing Garments - A CD book by Kenneth King

Buy Now
SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern

SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.