SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Events and Conferences > Orginal Sewing and Quilt Expo ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Orginal Sewing and Quilt Expo
Chantilly VA
JEF
starstarstar
JEF  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 7/27/05
Board Moderator
Send Message

Date: 7/27/12 11:14 AM

Course list is up! I signed up for Wardrobe Strategies on Thur, Alterations for RTW on Fri, and Zipper Savvy on Sat.

If anyone hasn't attended in the last 3 years (or ever), PM me and I'll give you my Bring-A-Friend code. That will give you 2 free class vouchers that you can use on a Space-Available basis the days of the show (or share with me!).

Chantilly show registration

JEF

------
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

Nannabelle
Nannabelle
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 2/7/05
Send Message

In reply to JEF <<

Subject: Orginal Sewing and Quilt Expo - Chantilly Date: 9/30/12 12:00 PM

Hello all,
Anyone going to Chantilly from the West Chester, PA area?
I signed up for classes Thur Fri and Sat, can't wait. Love Peggy Sagers' online webcasts, will be nice to see her in class live! Also going to Sandra Betzina and Lorraine Henry's - my theme seems to be all fitting classes. I went two years ago and overloaded myself with classes and was exhausted. I am leaving time to wander vendors and see fashion shows on the floor and hopefully meet up with other Pattern Review folks. Hope to see you there JEF!

JEF
starstarstar
JEF  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 7/27/05
Board Moderator
Send Message

Date: 10/3/12 7:39 PM

Anyone want to meet for coffee/tea around 10 t'row? I'll be at the show all day. I plan to get there early. If anyone wants to meet at the food court area for a cuppa, I should be there. Post here and I'll definitely be there and look for you.
JEF

------
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

Luckki
Luckki
Beginner
Member since 10/3/11
Send Message

Date: 10/4/12 6:55 AM

I'm headed there in a few minutes!can't wait!

JEF
starstarstar
JEF  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 7/27/05
Board Moderator
Send Message

In reply to Luckki <<

Date: 10/4/12 7:12 AM

See you there!!!

------

SquishSews
star
SquishSews  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/18/09
Send Message

In reply to JEF <<

Date: 10/4/12 10:40 PM

I will be there tomorrow shortly after noon!

Wendy J
Wendy J  Friend of PR
Advanced
Virginia USA
Member since 5/18/07
Send Message

Date: 10/5/12 4:42 PM

How is the show? I'm going tomorrow (Sat), but heard from a few friends it was disappointing. They said it had mostly quilting and not much for garment sewing. At least not what was there in past years. Curious what those of you who went thought. I'm going tomorrow for a few hours, no matter what! They also said it was the last year it will be held in Chantilly. Anyone else hear this?

SquishSews
star
SquishSews  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/18/09
Send Message

Date: 10/5/12 7:10 PM

I didn't catch up with you, but was that you in the Silhouette fashion show with the news I'll leave for you to tell?!

JEF
starstarstar
JEF  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 7/27/05
Board Moderator
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/5/12 9:52 PM

I have to say the show does strike me as even more quilting related than other years. I still find plenty of stuff to look at and want to buy it there is less than other years.

Yes, this the last year at Chantilly. Next year, this weekend, they will be in Fredericksburg VA. They are also going to be in Baltimore (in May?). The guy announced that after the renovation to the expo they might come back. With the switch to this building because of the Walmart and the switch to classes in curtained rooms (hate that!) I can't say I blame them but I am very bummed. I live so close I love going to this one. I'll still go when it's in Fredricksburg (or Baltimore) but it won't be as amazingly convenient for me.

Now... for the big news ...

I won!!! The trip to NY with Peggy Sagers for fabric buying!!

At the expo, she has a customer-made fashion show and if you're willing to stand up in clothes from her pattern, she puts your name in a lottery to win a place on her NYC fabric buying trip and I won!

I still have to get myself to NY and of course buy my own fabric and food but she will pay for my hotel and transport within NYC (I think she gets a bus).

Yeah!

JEF

------

SquishSews
star
SquishSews  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/18/09
Send Message

In reply to Wendy J <<

Date: 10/6/12 0:41 AM

It was my first expo. I was disappointed in the lack of clothing compared to quilting, but did find things worth seeing (Vogue Fabrics, Silhouette Patterns, etc). I think it would be better if you had time/were signed up for a class or two; otherwise it was just one big sale....

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Events and Conferences >> Orginal Sewing and Quilt Expo

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

McCall's 3393

photo
by: FreyaStark

Review
StyleArc Heather Dress

photo
by: clothingen...

Review
Sewing Workshop Balboa Shirt & Topper

Sewing Workshop Balboa Shirt & Topper

Buy Now
Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.