SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > DD and Galbladder problems ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
DD and Galbladder problems
Sludge in the galbladder?
SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 3:36 PM

I had mine out at 23. They told me it looked like a can of corn, lol. We spent a few hours in the ER with her last night, after a few days of on and off stomach pain. When she said it occurs after she eats, I knew what it was, as did the Doc.
They did an ultra sound, and while we'll have to get another with the regular doctor, they saw one stone and some *sludge*. He mentioned medicine or elective surgery perhaps.

Anyone here sucessfully put off the surgery with meds? I think we'll know more after a better ultra sound, but just wondering. I would hate for her to have to have it removed, as that's still major surgery - and we were going to start looking into weight loss surgery. I have heard of having both things done at one time. She's not interested in gastric bypass, but the vertical sleeve - less trauma and complications.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to SouthernStitch <<

Date: 7/28/12 3:56 PM

As far fetched as it seems, you can do a cleanse drinking apple juice and it actually will dissolve gall stones. I'm sure if you do a google search for a homeopathic gall bladder cleanse, you can find out more info.

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

Carol Mendoza
star
Carol Mendoza  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Louisiana USA
Member since 5/1/06
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 4:25 PM

As soon as I was told mine had stones, I had mine out. I was only out of work for a few days. They do them laproscopicly (sp?) now or even use robotics. Very little pain and recovery time. I travel a lot for work and was afraid I would have an attack in some foreign country.

------
Bernina 730E; 440QE; Vintage 121; Babylock Evolution

CSM--Carla
star
CSM--Carla  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 1/21/06
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 5:01 PM

Poor girl...that can be so painful!

I can't offer advice about RX treatment however:

Here is an interesting decision making tool to help her decide what to do once you know more.

I will say that pancreatitis and other liver problems are possible if she doesn't have it out. Do educate yourselves furtherabout that possibility before any final dicision is made.

Best wishes.

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 5:25 PM

I guess I thought I was in the Misc forum! Sorry!!! But, thanks for the info and links, I appreciate it! I will PM one of the mods to move this.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 5:52 PM

Oh my.. Here we go again.. Gallbladder time.. I had mine removed last year in July.. I did start an entire thread on it Mary.. The members were all very helpful and encouraging.. lots of info on that thread..
Maybe you can find it in the archives.

Bottom line being. I would have avoided surgery if at all possible.. SO.. after having it done I still would have not had surgery if it were at all possible. BUT Once you start having any symptoms of trouble with your gallbladder.. then you should probably schedule elective surgery.

You see.. elective surgery is a walk in the park compared to having an emergency gallbladder removal.. That emergency surgery has a much longer recovery time. .is much more invasive.. and you are risking your life really if your gallbladder burst. There are some people whose gallbladder will burst even with no advance warnings/symptoms..

HECK If apple juice works.. go for it.. why not. But if a follow up x ray shows she still has stones.. then don't delay the surgery..

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 5:56 PM

I'm so sorry. My mom had to have hers removed in her early 20's.

I hope your daughter feels better soon--if she does have surgery it would be nice to have it all at once and get it over with. These days it seems like surgery is a lot less invasive which helps with healing. I'm so sorry she has to endure this.

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 6:07 PM

No advice (not my clinical area!) but a big hug to you, Mary and my prayers for your daughter's health.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 7:08 PM

I'm going through it now. IF she has the insurance not to deal with the chronic pain and problems, get it out.

I don't have insurance and I've spent at least a day a week for the last several months in bed with pain and a couple days where I don't feel good and I live on apple juice. I would love to get mine out.

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 7/28/12 7:23 PM

Thanks all. Sewducky, I sure hope you can get this done! I'm sure you've looked into all your options, but please don't give up. She is on my insurance for now, until she's 26, so I would want it done before then. Not sure if Blue Cross pays for elective surgery. But, I'd think it's not elective if it's been bothering her for a while, which it has.

She has complained of stomach aches a lot in the last few months that have caused her to miss work, and throws up at times for no reason. (no, it's not anorexia or forced vomiting).

Pigling, yes I remember both you and Learns experiences, and I'm looking at that thread, and researching. I just got back from the grocer and got apple juice and lots of bland, no or low fat foods. Bagels, no fat cream cheese, lots of no fat yogurt. Grits with no butter, all that stuff.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> DD and Galbladder problems

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Butterick 5613

photo
by: Jessamaka

Review
Kwik Sew 2101

photo
by: myraminx

Review
Miranda Day Bag

Miranda Day Bag

Buy Now
SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern

SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.