SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Beginner's Forum > inspirational scrapbook ( Moderated by EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
inspirational scrapbook
Calendria
Calendria
Advanced Beginner
Alaska USA
Member since 7/4/05
Send Message

Date: 7/29/12 7:59 PM

okay, so I have been thinking of creating an inspirational scrapbook, cutting out pics of different clothing from magazines or printing off pics too and making them into a scrapbook for some good inspiratin.

then finding the closest pattern I can find and some how morphing it to what I want.

but . . . . how to do this?

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 7/29/12 8:25 PM

Look at this. It shows what an inspiration board is, and it sounds like that is what you're wanting to do in a book form.

I do this, kinda, with my Fashionary. Drawing, notes, pics pasted in, fabric stapled and patterns that I can use and what changes I need to make. I probably could use a blank book for it.

Calendria
Calendria
Advanced Beginner
Alaska USA
Member since 7/4/05
Send Message

Date: 7/29/12 8:34 PM

yeah something like that. you think I could just paste diff pics onto a scrapbook and that would suffice?

just get a gluestick or something?

marymary86
marymary86
Intermediate
Georgia USA
Member since 7/20/08
Send Message

In reply to Calendria <<

Date: 7/29/12 8:52 PM

Smash Stick

I picked up this from Target for about $2 and I use it for the same thing - to quickly glue pictures from catalogs, magazines, etc. and write a few notes (gluing the pics in a blank notebook).

------
Mary

Judy Kski
star
Judy Kski  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 10/26/08
Send Message

In reply to marymary86 <<

Date: 7/29/12 9:23 PM

Be sure to read the Reviews about the glue stick side. Some claim it doesn't stick very well.

------
Judy

marymary86
marymary86
Intermediate
Georgia USA
Member since 7/20/08
Send Message

In reply to Judy Kski <<

Date: 7/29/12 10:16 PM

good catch! I just bought one and started using it. It's only been a few days but so far so good (I've only glued the thing paper from J.Jill catalogs so far).

I love the pen!

------
Mary

Marie367
Marie367  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 5/28/11
Send Message

Date: 7/29/12 10:31 PM

I don't scrapbook but is the glue stick for scrap booking different than regular glue sticks? If so , that might work better. What a great idea! Can't wait to see what you are inspired to make!

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 7/30/12 1:30 AM

I use cheapy ones that go on purple and dry clear from the drug store, but I also pin, staple tape and whatever else.

stirwatersblue
star
stirwatersblue
Intermediate
Kansas USA
Member since 12/13/08
Send Message

Date: 7/30/12 3:57 AM

I did this back many years ago when I was planning my wedding--I just went to Walgreens and got a cheap, old-fashioned "magnetic" photo album (the kind with the sticky pages). It was perfect for organizing all the things I saw in bridal magazines or catalogues or even just wherever. I had different pages for gowns, flowers, china/flatware/crystal, cakes... pretty much every wedding related thing. The sticky pages made it easy to add and organize things in a snap. And like the blog Sew Ducky posted mentions, it was very helpful at the florist, baker, and dress shop, because I could show them exactly what I had in mind. (All of which meant that I was able to find my wedding gown in about thirty minutes! Ha!)

------
~Gem in the prairie

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/30/12 6:46 AM

They also work even if you have no pattern in mind, but want specific details.

I copied an $85 shirt this way. I had the picture of the garment, and I had found the fabric (mine looks exactly like it but it's woven instead of jersey). That was it. Vogue has a pattern close for knits, and I got that, but Simplicity had the other details. Only V was on sale, so I marked down the pattern I had, then the pattern I needed. And did the notes on what I needed to do to change the knit to woven, etc.

When I made it, I had already done all the thought work on it and constructing it was simple.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Beginner's Forum >> inspirational scrapbook

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Class Details

Online Class
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Class Details

StyleArc Kate Top

photo
by: Dilliander

Review
You Sew Girl Beach Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Beach Bag Pattern

More Info
Sewing Workshop Chicago Jacket

Sewing Workshop Chicago Jacket

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.