Member since 7/20/08
Date: 8/7/12 5:25 PM
Identify your wardrobe basics
I'm feeling my way through this as I try to figure out how to dress cute while working my tail off cooking and cleaning at home!
On one hand, this makes more sense to me than making sure I have every item on Tim Gunn's basic list. But I still want every item on his list ha ha!!!!
What are your own personal basics? I'm realizing one of mine is wide legged cropped knit pants. They are lighter and cooler than jeans and they look cute with nicer T's. My one and only pair got too big and I miss them! That's next on my list to sew.
West Virginia USA
Member since 10/29/03
In reply to marymary86
Date: 8/8/12 2:16 PM
I think identifying our own wardrobe basics is a great idea & a list everyone should make. The list should be about what's flattering and comfortable; works for my lifestyle and with my current style; and I enjoy wearing.
My basics are:
1. Black pants (in different weights & styles) white pants for summer.
2. Cardigans (mostly 3/4 length sleeves)
3. Short sleeve knit tops
3. Woven button up blouses/shirts (mostly short sleeves for summer)
I like the look of skirts with boots, so I'm going to try to incorporate that into my winter wardrobe.
Sewing Makes Me Happy
|mary in FL
Member since 4/28/02
In reply to marymary86
Date: 8/8/12 9:13 PM
- Long dresses, mostly sleeveless, one without
- short-sleeve shirts to wear over sleeveless long dresses
- long skirts
- shirts and tops to wear with skirts, mostly short sleeves, 1 or 2 long sleeves for cooler weather
- sandals and flats
FOR HOT WEATHER FUN
- several swim suits, bikinis only for tanning in back yard
- tank tops and sleeveless shirts
FOR COOLER WEATHER FUN
- tops, mostly short sleeves, 1 or 2 long sleeves
- athletic shoes
from Daytona Beach, FL
Member since 11/21/09
Date: 8/9/12 0:01 AM
I have never been able to get my mind wrapped around a wardrobe plan.
I have t-shirts, some tank tops, sleeveless blouses, 3/4 sleeved blouses, a few long sleeve blouses and for winter turtle neck knit tops. Also have a few sweaters.
For bottoms I have shorts, a couple twill skirts, jeans, yoga pants and capries.
This summer I made a jumper type dress that I wear a tank top under.
That sums up the wardrobe.
Not very inspiring. I don't get out much now that I am retired.
* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Web site Talk >> Your personal list of wardrobe basics