SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > I'm BACK!!!! Please hide the fabric!!! ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
I'm BACK!!!! Please hide the fabric!!!
shaelawnsmom
shaelawnsmom
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 10/10/11
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 8/14/12 9:53 PM

I haven't been on in a couple of months. We found a place and moved. You are probably wondering why I am posting on this board and not else where. I am anal when it comes to moving. Organization on steroids. I had a great idea to rent a 10ft x 10ft storage unit to put all the non-essential items in there for safe keeping. After breaking down the sewing room, I filed 1/2 of the unit, almost to the ceiling, with fabric. Out of curiosity, I counted the bolts and I own 250 bolts!!! I need Fabric Anonymous!!! That is not counting my Joann's fabric bags with smaller amounts....

So, Hi my name is Erica and I am a Fabric Addict!!!! Please join in!!!

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Subject: Im BACK!!!! Please hide the fabric!!! Date: 8/14/12 9:57 PM

Nope.

I KNOW I have a problem, but if I admit it my husband will tell me I can't buy more. And I got a good thing going here :)

arianamaniacs
starstarstarstar
arianamaniacs  Friend of PR
Advanced
Austria
Member since 6/11/04
Send Message

Subject: Im BACK!!!! Please hide the fabric!!! Date: 8/15/12 3:48 AM

That's a hard habit to break. But once my stash got so full, I sat down and calculated what I thought was the average price I paid for all the fabrics.
That made me stop buying and shop my stash instead :)
It's like buying cigarettes and then not smoking them.

KathySews
star
KathySews
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Date: 8/15/12 8:21 AM

Hope you get a sewing room in your new place

Kayabunga
Kayabunga  Friend of PR
Advanced
Illinois USA
Member since 1/21/10
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Im BACK!!!! Please hide the fabric!!! Date: 8/15/12 8:39 AM

I've recently moved too and had to face the grandness of my stash. It was a little embarrassing when the movers kept asking me what was in the endless stream of all those plastic tubs. Red faced I would confess ... fabric. After a while guys toting the bins just looked at me and said "fabric?" so I just could nod. Seeing all the tubs stacked up, I'm just hoping I live long enough to sew up my collection. Arianamaniacs please share how you "keep yourself in line". It's so hard not to be tempted and I've already fallen off the wagon but only a teenie weenie bit ... not that you were helping at all today Ms Enabler aka Lynne Rowe.The zebra print IS divine.

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 8/15/12 9:04 AM

Oh my! This is a dangerous thread. Could get us all "questioning" out fabric obsessions. I've taken pictures off my Fabric Stash...a real eye opener. Does it count if it's not in a plastic container? Does it count if it's in the Guest Bathtub? I wonder if it's like eating triple chocolate cake when no one is watching...the calories don't count. That reminds me Chris Bryant(another PR'er)and I are heading over to Hancocks this morning ... anyone want to join us

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<

Date: 8/15/12 9:38 AM

You have no idea how much I would love to join you and Chris.. Alas, with my room in the painting stages.. I don't think putting fabric in the room is a good idea right now.. but its a FAB idea for the rest of you ladies. Fabric Acquisition Disease is the next best thing to SMAD..
I HOPE since I am too busy. that you will pick up a few yards for me while you are there.. you can hide them amongst your stash.. in memory of me.. cause right now I am thinking I am gonna die before I ever get everything in that room painted..

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to shaelawnsmom <<

Date: 8/15/12 9:41 AM

Hello Erica.. you have sure made me feel good about my stash.. somehow it seems small compared to yours. Of course no way will I count my bolts.. I know better than to do that.
I appreciate you starting this thread as we can all learn a valuable lesson here. .we should all build more sheds..

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 8/15/12 3:47 PM

Chris and I had a wonderful time. We went to 3 different places. I came home with about 14 yards of material for $21.97(about $1.57 per yard ) I love a deal.

Have to share this: I was standing at one of the "spot the dot" tables in Hancocks and struck up a conversation with a lady on the other side of the table. She said she really didn't need anymore material, after all she had an "entire" wall in her sewing room full of material. I simply said, "one wall, that's it"? Poor thing, I felt sorry for her. She considered "one wall" too much.

gaylee1949
gaylee1949
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/21/06
Send Message

Date: 8/27/12 1:38 AM

Hi. I'm Gail, a fabriholic! Yep, me too! And I'm moving in a couple of months. I should be starting to sort and pack, but I wouldn't want to rush into anything!

Gail D.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> I'm BACK!!!! Please hide the fabric!!!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Break your Serger Out of the Box
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Register

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

McCall's 6278

photo
by: Sixtiesgir...

Review
McCall's 3926

photo
by: Jemajyng

Review
SewBaby Quick and Comfy Dresses Pattern

SewBaby Quick and Comfy Dresses Pattern

Buy Now
PerfectFuse Light White

PerfectFuse Light White

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.