SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Debbie Cook ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Debbie Cook
Where is?
zinna
zinna
Intermediate
New York USA
Member since 8/23/04
Send Message

Date: 8/16/12 12:02 PM

Debbie's "Stitches and Seams" is the first blog I check every day. She hasn't posted since 8/29 - I know there's a new house and a new job, I also know about "the Marine", so I'm hoping all is well. Does anyone know?

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
Ontario Canada
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

Date: 8/16/12 12:28 PM

Oh, I think she's always out there somewhere. People come and go and do their own thing. I'm sure she knows she's appreciated by many people.

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

Image: rosebush in the snow

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

In reply to zinna <<

Date: 8/16/12 12:28 PM

Debbie Cook

I have not looked at her site in a couple of weeks. I do try to keep up with her as she has wonderful info on the site. The top picture is not showing when I linked things.

------
Bernina 630, my much loved main machine
Bernina embroidery module
Pfaff 2036 my back up & travel machine
Babylock Molly, mechanical
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

Judy Kski
star
Judy Kski  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 10/26/08
online now
Send Message

In reply to Learn To Sew <<

Date: 8/16/12 3:15 PM

Her blog spot has been like this for a week now. I keep checking it too because I frequently refer to Debbie's CS info. misschris mentioned her blog spot moved on the Janome CoverPro Coverstitch Machines CP900 & CP1000 thread at the bottom of Pg. 427.

------
Judy

misschris
misschris
AUSTRALIA
Member since 2/3/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/16/12 5:20 PM

I think some of the problem with Debbie's blog is that her older photos were hosted on her website which appears to be down (also explains why some of the links to her photos on PR aren't working). I'm sure next time she logs in to blogger, if she has time, she'll fix whatever the problem is.

Life often gets in the way of things we enjoy, or our priorities change. Hopefully the changes in Debbie's life are all good ones.

------
chris

Melbourne

Padmé

Padmé
Member since 7/12/06
Send Message

Date: 8/16/12 5:32 PM

If Debbie reads this.., and anyone else who is working in an office; what's it like to walk down those halls, get coffee from an office coffee maker, have meetings?

Do you wear high heels or flats? Blazers or sweaters over your dresses, hose, tights? Is filing still around, or is it all on a computer now? Briefcases?

I've got a Target T on with a Kwik Sew skirt, and clogs, and a Kwik Sew apron. I know bathrooms, ironing, vacuuming, and dinner. The office atmosphere sometimes seems like TV to me.

Judy Kski
star
Judy Kski  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 10/26/08
online now
Send Message

In reply to Padmé <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/16/12 7:39 PM

I don't know about anyone else's office job, but when I was working, you could get coffee from the kitchenette. I didn't drink the stuff so I had nothing to do with starting the first pot in the morning. You wear professional attire that gets fancier (i.e. blazers, skirt and blouse, etc.) as you go further up the corporate ladder. High heels or flats, depending on your preference. Panty hose are optional in the hot, humid weather we have. Filing is still the norm even though more and more companies are trying to go
"paperless".

I interviewed for an administrative position at the bank where I used to work and the description given to me by the manager of one of my responsibilities as an hourly wage earner sounded more like that of a salaried employee. Needless to say, with downsizing, rightsizing, whatever they want to call it, the game plan has to change to keep up with the times and the economy. You have to do what you can to keep the accounts you have so new and innovative ways of doing business keep cropping up. One of my responsibilities was described as "building a relationship with each client by going to lunch with my point of contact at that company and an occasional pizza party for the entire office of that POC" (suggested by the manager). As an hourly employee, I've never had an expense account, but it sounds like I'll need one if I get the job.

I have to say that the manager's vision of the position was very well thought out and a lot more exciting than the previous positions I've held. Now, if he could just make up his mind who he is going to hire.....
-- Edited on 8/16/12 7:57 PM --

------
Judy

Padmé

Padmé
Member since 7/12/06
Send Message

In reply to Judy Kski <<

Date: 8/16/12 7:43 PM

I know it's hard work and you get tired and have to possibly do some/lots of house work, but there are times I think it would be nice to work again.
-- Edited on 8/16/12 7:44 PM --

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to Padmé <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/17/12 2:02 AM

What's nice, imo, is the pay cheque.

------
I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 8/17/12 6:22 AM

I worked in a bank for a few years almost twenty years ago. The thought of pantyhose and pumps still makes me shudder.

I'm a nurse. It's hard work, and there's nights, weekends, holidays, blood, vomit, ahem-waste, pus, sputum, death, etc. BUT...I wear pajamas (scrubs) and sneakers to work. Yeah, it helps.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Debbie Cook

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Register

Burda 9826

photo
by: sewinfranc...

Review
Butterick 6531

photo
by: Jemajyng

Review
Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Totpacks Pattern

SewBaby Totpacks Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.