SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > The Capital One Baby's Opinion ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
The Capital One Baby's Opinion
Good thing she hasn't visited any Sewing Sites???
PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
OH USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 8/17/12 4:29 PM

BORING - just like the baby who can spell with "O" shaped cereal. I know how she feels.

Over the years I have visited, and interacted at several sewing sites (still do).

They seem to have very little action these days. PR appears to be the exception with more active conversation than at the other sites.

Is everything going to the blogs? At this rate Baby will probably soon be blogging instead of throwing cereal.

PS: I am not depressed, just bored with the inaction. Maybe we have just done a good job in our recommendations, tips and techniques!

Oh heck, there is always "one more thing that requires editing"!

-- Edited on 8/17/12 4:34 PM --

------
I dont give them Hell, I just tell the truth about them and they think its Hell. Harry Truman

"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

AdaH
star
AdaH  Friend of PR
Intermediate
IA USA
Member since 11/21/09
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/17/12 5:10 PM

Odd that you bring this up right now. I have also noticed.
Hard to tell why this has happened?

Maybe it is the time of year. Summertime means the kids are home and people are doing a lot of family stuff.

Or it could be that those of us in the US are all mind numb from listening to all the political stuff bombarding us right now.

------
Ada

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
OH USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

Subject: The Capital One Babys Opinion Date: 8/18/12 4:23 PM

See what I mean. Where are the yeas and nays?

------
I dont give them Hell, I just tell the truth about them and they think its Hell. Harry Truman

"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

blessedtosew
star
blessedtosew
Intermediate
AL USA
Member since 4/16/08
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<

Date: 8/18/12 5:32 PM

Actually I am strongly considering stopping blogging and just doing reviews over here. I really love PR and feel that I don't contribute like should. I always get so much help from everyone when I ask questions.

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
AL USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

thumbsup 6 members like this.

Subject: The Capital One Babys Opinion Date: 8/18/12 11:12 PM

Reading a blog is like listening to someone's monologue. But being on PR feels like you're participating in a conversation

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

Courtney Ostaff
Courtney Ostaff
Intermediate
WV USA
Member since 11/23/10
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 8/18/12 11:22 PM

PR may be not-quite-hip in terms of site design, but it's fabulous for what we need as sewists, and it has a wonderful companionship here. Very rarely is anyone snarky, or unhelpful. That sort of ethos is hard to find, and I treasure it. for everyone!

Doris W. in TN
star
Doris W. in TN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TN USA
Member since 2/9/04
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<

Date: 8/19/12 0:21 AM

I don't follow many blogs because I usually don't have time to read them. Sometimes I'll pop in on one or two blogs, but time is a problem.

I don't have much time for the sewing forums right now, either, because a kitchen remodel is taking up all my time.

Life gets in the way, and after it continues on down the road and into the horizon, I'll be here more often.

Doris W. in TN
star
Doris W. in TN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TN USA
Member since 2/9/04
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001 <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/19/12 0:22 AM

Quote: nancy2001
But being on PR feels like you're participating in a conversation

I agree,,,, I like the variety of input and opinions, because even if I don't agree, it broadens my scope and knowledge.
-- Edited on 8/19/12 0:23 AM --
quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Subject: The Capital One Babys Opinion Date: 8/20/12 10:15 AM

I think message boards have suffered from FB and Blogging period. No one has time for everything. Even this board isn't nearly as busy as it used to be. I don't like blogging it's ok here and there but why do I want to read about one person's life? I would rather interact with people not read about them.
-- Edited on 8/20/12 10:17 AM --

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

marec
starstarstarstar
marec  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/11/08
Send Message

Date: 8/20/12 11:43 AM

Blogging allows an extended conversation between a group of people, especially if you have a "reply to" function on your blog. It also gives you a chance to write more deeply, and read other's musings. Of the blogs I follow, some are superficial, and lighthearted; others are reflections on fashion, sewing, craft or art; some are chockfull of tutorials and links.

I do think that the message boards are taking on a new role-and that they have been a little slow lately. I also think some very active participants are elsewhere right now, and we have lots of new people stepping up. There have been a few interchanges lately which read as challenging and hand slapping. We know each other pretty well from reading over the years, and tend to give one another the benefit of the doubt. Those new to the boards might want to do that too. Reading interchanges where someone is piled on make those readers want to keep a distance.

Yeah, I am ticked about this. I have been for a number of weeks, and have tried to put it aside. This is a wonderful place and I have seen at least three threads in which a poster has left with hurt feelings. That's not okay for PR (or for that individual).

Some of you know me, and I hope will read my words with understanding. Others do not know me, but I hope will ask me questions rather than make assumptions. I need to go work with a horse before it gets too hot, but will come back later to talk, if there are replies. If there are no replies, well...I guess I am off base.

------
my blog: http://kf-biblioblog.blogspot.com/
Sewing through my pattern stash-145
completed.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> The Capital One Baby's Opinion

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

Silhouette Patterns 500

photo
by: JEF

Review
Lutterloh 2005 1

photo
by: Baja Susan...

Review
Petite Plus Patterns Swing Coat

Petite Plus Patterns Swing Coat

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Three Pattern Collection Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Three Pattern Collection Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.