SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Kids say cute things ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Kids say cute things
GrandmaNewt
GrandmaNewt
Intermediate
NV
Member since 6/5/10
Send Message

thumbsup 7 members like this.

Date: 8/21/12 4:10 PM

My 6 year old grandson came to visit yesterday. For a 6 year old, he is a very smart boy and trys to use big words in conversation.

We have a new kitten that got a rough start in life so it is very underweight. The grandson was petting the kitten and asked "Grandma, have you taken this kitten to the vegetarian to find out why it is so skinny?" :)

Annie- oh
star
Annie- oh
Intermediate
CO USA
Member since 2/7/04
Send Message

Date: 8/21/12 8:14 PM

And your response?

Gotta love'em

------
I try all things. I achieve what I can. "Moby Dick"

We stand here confronted by insurmountable opportinities. Pogo

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
NY USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/21/12 8:21 PM

Reminds me of an (true) entry in the NY Times Metropolitan Diary. A mother overheard her little boy and his friend talking:

"My mom found a condom on the patio."

To which the other kid replied,

"What's a patio?"

===

And another, absolutely true. My sister's friend. Her 9 year old son asked, "What's a virgin?" Well, she hadn't planned on telling him The Facts so soon, but what could she do? They were responsible, intelligent parents who would face this in an honest, mature way. She told her husband he should be the one, and the husband dutifully sat the child down and explained everything.

EV-RY-THING.

The kid looked absolutely horrified and blurted out, "Well, why is it on OLIVE OIL?"

=====

GrannyN: how is that Bumble Cat getting along?

j.

-- Edited on 8/21/12 8:41 PM --

GrandmaNewt
GrandmaNewt
Intermediate
NV
Member since 6/5/10
Send Message

In reply to Annie- oh <<

Date: 8/21/12 9:01 PM

Quote: Annie- oh
And your response?

I told him that yes I had taken the kitten to the veterinarian. I also explained that a veterinarian is an animal doctor and a vegetarian is a person that does not eat meat.

Then he asked me if i took the kitten to the vegetarian that is a block away from my house.
GrandmaNewt
GrandmaNewt
Intermediate
NV
Member since 6/5/10
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00 <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/21/12 9:03 PM

Quote: jadamo00
GrannyN: how is that Bumble Cat getting along?

Bumble is doing great, we should have him fattened up in no time at all.
Franksdottir

Franksdottir
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

In reply to GrandmaNewt <<

Date: 8/21/12 10:00 PM

I love kids.

------
Barb

Luckylibbet
star
Luckylibbet
CA USA
Member since 7/28/03
Send Message

Date: 8/22/12 0:46 AM

AGING myself here - do you remember Art Linkletter's show - Kid's Say the Darndest Things? Truly, I was a kid myself when I watched it.

------
Suo ergo maledicto

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. - Steve Jobs

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Date: 8/22/12 1:09 AM

My favorite is my son when he was about 2.

He got under my mom's feet and started bouncing and shaking. Then proudly announced to the room "I'm a vibrator!"

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 8/22/12 2:08 AM

When I got the male rabbit neutered, my sons wanted to put him with the female right away. I said, no, it takes awhile after to be sure he has no more "seeds". My little guy said to be sure they can't touch noses through the cage bars. My older son said, "It's not the noses you have to worry about, the seeds come from the privates". I wasn't really anticipating getting to that specific info just yet, so I asked, "How did you know that?", to which he said, "Well, you didn't get him neutered on the nose, Mom, you got him neutered on the privates."

DOH!

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

Sewshable1
star
Sewshable1  Friend of PR
Intermediate
GA USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 8/22/12 3:24 AM

My fav: my then 4 year old grandson told his mom that he figured they made babies using baby formula!

------
You can judge the true character of a man by the way he treats the people
who can do nothing for him

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Kids say cute things

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

McCall's 6408

photo
by: SuzyBee

Review
Petite Plus 502 Pattern

Petite Plus 502 Pattern

Buy Now
Newport Tote

Newport Tote

Buy Now
New Look 6148

photo
by: prttynpnk

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.