SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Don't you hate when this happens? ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Don't you hate when this happens?
Uh oh...
jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

Date: 8/23/12 2:39 PM

CLICK HERE

Oooops!

j.
-- Edited on 8/23/12 4:39 PM --

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
online now
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00 <<

Date: 8/23/12 2:54 PM

I saw that on the new here on the internet. Said that they would let her paint it. they should of spent a few thousand and had it professional done. Now they will have to take it to someone that can take off all the paint she put on and retore it to the origanal painting. Just sad.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/23/12 6:37 PM

Insane, right? Now it looks like Mr. Bill!

j.

Canadian Jane
star
Canadian Jane
Advanced Beginner
Alberta CANADA
Member since 10/30/10
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00 <<

Date: 8/23/12 6:44 PM

Mr. Bill painted by Picasso...

Oops is right.

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
Ontario Canada
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/23/12 6:45 PM

Oh yikes, I hope that's the first time that has EVER happened. No idea why someone didn't grab the brush out of her hand after about one second.

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

Image: me, about four decades ago

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

Date: 8/23/12 6:45 PM

Now, it looks like The Scream.

!!!!!

j.

Franksdottir

Franksdottir  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00 <<

Date: 8/24/12 0:41 AM

I saw that, what was she THINKING?

------
Barb

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to Franksdottir <<

Date: 8/24/12 8:14 AM

But she KEPT GOING with it!
I wonder what inside of her finally said,
"Cease. It is finished. Don't overdo it..."

solveg
star
solveg  Friend of PR
Beginner
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/16/12
Send Message

Date: 8/24/12 10:04 AM

Well, she was 80. It could be that her eye's were bad. Remember Monet's water lillies? I was taught the style of his work at this time was more a condition of his poor eyesight than his impressionist style.

Other possibilities: It could have started out with a kindness. Sometimes, in small villages, parish priests travel from place to place, and churches go unused. Perhaps the priest was being kind to her and then didn't notice what happened until it was ruined. She could have done all that fairly fast.

The comments on that site are interesting and funny. The art historians, who you think would be most upset with it, are likening some of the features of it to Picasso, and say that the original artist was not famous, but a middle of the road painter and it's not much of a loss. In fact, there's a group who admires it as "outsider art" and there's a petition to preserve the "restoration."

Also remember that the vast amount of art is not preserved. I think the art historians are most aware of this.... they know how many frescos are destroyed in war, or with time, or while civilizations rebuild cities. I'm not sure this is a greater travesty than some historic buildings being torn down to make room for new ones. There is a life span limitation to everything, it seems.

Note that one of people interviewed is the artist's relative, and I can understand her being very upset.

No, it's not an improvement, in my opinion, but it appears it's not on the line of destroying a rembrandt, either..... the story is jarring because the death of the fresco lacked the dignity of the art.

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

In reply to solveg <<

Date: 8/24/12 12:15 PM

Quote: solveg
Perhaps the priest was being kind to her and then didn't notice what happened until it was ruined.

Okay, true, but from what I'm reading, the priest is BACK-PEDALING pretty fast, now!

j.
Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Don't you hate when this happens?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Simplicity 4074

photo
by: moonshae

Review
You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Zona Jacket Pattern

Sewing Workshop Zona Jacket Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.