SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Men Who Sew > I want to make an old English style blousesed men's shirt ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
I want to make an old English style blousesed men's shirt
I am a folk singer and want an old English style shirt
Marklovestosew
star
Marklovestosew
Beginner
IL USA
Member since 8/23/12
Send Message

Date: 8/25/12 9:16 PM

What I am looking for are ideas for creating an old English style shirt. With slightly puffed sleeves and a draw string front. Like in pirate movies or 16 th century style men's shirt. Where would I find a pattern for such a thing or how could I custom maked one?
-- Edited on 8/25/12 9:17 PM --

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to Marklovestosew <<

Date: 8/25/12 9:25 PM

You might try Folkwear patterns. They have some nice men's shirts that may be what you are looking for. Not sure about the drawstring part though.

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^

DH has to have more eye injections.. no change...injections start 7/23
My kid brother is having a triple bypass, his heart..Scary... Please keep him in your prayers.
"Dear God...Help me out please!" ..Fr. Eric
Might I say ... Please help us out soon...+

LarryD
LarryD  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/8/12
Send Message

Subject: I want to make an old English style blousesed mens shirt Date: 8/25/12 9:30 PM

If I am not mistaken "Folkwear" patterns has that shirt. Go to Folkwear.com, inthe mean time I look though my pattern stash and see if I may have what you ae looking for, if so it is yours.

I am pleased to see that you are getting so much pleasure from sewing I have been for many years and never feel a moment of time is time wasted. Good luck and enjoy.

------
"Dr. Doodle"

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to Marklovestosew <<

Date: 8/25/12 9:30 PM

oops double posted ... sorry about that...
-- Edited on 8/25/12 9:31 PM --

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^

DH has to have more eye injections.. no change...injections start 7/23
My kid brother is having a triple bypass, his heart..Scary... Please keep him in your prayers.
"Dear God...Help me out please!" ..Fr. Eric
Might I say ... Please help us out soon...+

LarryD
LarryD  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/8/12
Send Message

In reply to tgm and Kittys <<

Date: 8/25/12 9:52 PM

PS If this is what you are looking for go to ebay they may have it and at a very reduced cost, good luck!

------
"Dr. Doodle"

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
NY USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

Date: 8/25/12 10:10 PM

Yes, check out folkwear.com for patterns. Here's their
Missouri River Boatman’s Shirt

Here's their Poet's Shirt. Seems very Jack Sparrow, right? Arggggg!

j.

j.
-- Edited on 8/25/12 10:15 PM --

gramma b
star
gramma b
USA
Member since 7/25/08
Send Message

Date: 8/26/12 8:58 AM

Look in the Costume sections of the pattern books.
Many have Pirate shirts which should be similar.

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 1/12/04
online now
Send Message

Subject: I want to make an old English style blousesed mens shirt Date: 8/26/12 12:14 PM

I've made the Missouri River Boatman's shirt and it's a great pattern. DH got lots of compliments when he wore it.

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

Member since 12/31/69
Send Message

Subject: I want to make an old English style blousesed mens shirt Date: 8/26/12 1:01 PM

Simplicity has a pattern similar to it in their pirate costume line, as does Butterick in making history. Not quite as accurate as Folkwear, but it is a lot more budget friendly.

The ren faire I belong to has pirates, that I managed to get in the middle of for the faire's stuff although I missed doing anything with it for 2 years now. Both men wear these patterns, and what they told me to get to "fit" in with theirs.

Irene

Irene  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 1/4/03
Send Message

Date: 8/26/12 2:03 PM

Maybe some of these would suit your purpose: Simplicity 3758, McCall's 5446, a version from Patterns of Time. The last page, on amazon.com, offers relevant links further down the page. I googled "lace front pirate shirt pattern." It looks like "lace front renaissance shirt pattern" might yield good results, too. Good luck!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Men Who Sew >> I want to make an old English style blousesed men's shirt

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

You Sew Girl Beret Pattern

You Sew Girl Beret Pattern

Buy Now
Veronica Pocketbook

Veronica Pocketbook

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.