SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > Let's play a game ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Let's play a game
quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Date: 8/28/12 2:14 PM

Somehow your most used sewing machines disappeared by some weird weather event. The insurance company is giving you $12K to replace machine(s) and any furniture they were attached to. You are limited in choices of current machines can't be discontinued. Of course you can spend less if you want.

Mine would be: Janome Horizon (3K) and the Janome 11000SE(5-6K ? I think). It's a hard choice. But I like Janome machines. And the Janome has the acufil quilter thing. In my humble opinion these are two of the best machines out today. I don't like the TOL Janome as I just don't like how it looks. I think in these two machines I would be getting the best in quilting, embroidery and fashion sewing.

So how about you?
-- Edited on 8/28/12 2:14 PM --

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

RipStitcher
star
RipStitcher
Advanced
Member since 5/28/12
Send Message

Date: 8/28/12 3:50 PM

At this moment, I'd still replace my Horizon (got it for $2k)....

Then that TOL Janome does have my attention these days - EXCEPT that the camera gizmo on the Ellisimo also is on my radar.

In the end, I need to be shown hard difficult it is to line up starting points on the 12000.

I also need to know how much a design can be tweaked on the Janome with it recalculating stitches.

If the Janome can do both of the above things well, I think I would pop for one of these.

And if I haggle a good deal, there is still $$ left over for a serger.

------
~~~YAY! ~~~ I finally published my first pattern!
See demo video on: www.BionicGearBag.com
My personal blog: www.RipStitcher.com

Wish list:
Bernina 550QE (for it's cute little footprint)
Sashiko
Ovation serger

Love my Babylock Ellisimo Gold & ElnaPress

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 8/28/12 4:01 PM

Creative Pfaff Performance, Babylock Enlighten, Babylock coverstitch, Babylock blindhemmer. IE exactly what I have now, my Dream Team.

Not even a weird weather event would DARE touch my Featherweight Flock, so I wouldn't be having to replace them.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 8/28/12 4:02 PM

Well I started to say that this might be the case for me when this storm comes in, but I doubt it.

If it DID happen, since $$ is no problem, I would be eyeing the Bernina 750 with embroidery, and another 350, or 530 maybe if money allowed.
But, if I thought the value of the new B's didn't quite cut it, that the Janome 12000 would call my name as well. I love the looks of that one, and it's soooo quiet. Or maybe the Pfaff CP with embroidery.
Then probably I'd still get the Bernina 530 as a back up.
I couldn't forget the BL Enlighten as well. Gee, I might be out of money by now!

I'm not sure if I'd have another sewing counter built or not. Being up against the wall isn't good for quilting - I'd need the extension in the back, and something on the side. So, maybe one of the new all wood tables from Tracey's, Unique, or Sew-Good Cabinets.
-- Edited on 8/28/12 4:03 PM --

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

Seams2Sew
star
Seams2Sew
USA
Member since 8/15/08
Send Message

Date: 8/28/12 4:03 PM

I'd get the Babylock Enlighten Serger and Babylock Coverstitch along with the Viking Designer Ruby. I've got the Evolution now and although I love it, I'd go for separate machines. I just love my Ruby and would just replace her .

Leoladysw
star
Leoladysw
Intermediate
Kansas USA
Member since 6/14/12
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Lets play a game Date: 8/28/12 4:11 PM

I can't play this game cause I don't want NEW machines, I love my oldies but goodies.

------
Six Elna Lotus/Stella sm [kid's sewing classes]
Elna 33C SP sm, Pfaff 1473 CD sm, Viking 6030 sm, Singer Sphinx 127 sm, Singer Lotus 127 sm, Bernina 830 Record, Nelco J A-38 sm, Necchi Lelia 515 sm
http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandgardens.blogspot

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Subject: Lets play a game Date: 8/28/12 4:27 PM

Bernina 820, 630 if still available, otherwise 750, and 350 plus all the Unique furniture I can get.

I guess I'd have to buy the Baby Lock Evolution myself.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

TessKwiltz
star
TessKwiltz  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 9/21/07
Send Message

Date: 8/28/12 4:36 PM

I'm terrible at this game! I don't have a clue what's on the market now or how much machines are going for. The 730 I just bought on clearance has been around forever but obviously doesn't fit the game because it's discontinued.

If I had to start from scratch I would have to start research all over

------
Tess

On threadpainting flowers: "How many colors are in a flower? ... How many do you have?" - Ellen Anne Eddy

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to TessKwiltz <<

Date: 8/28/12 9:10 PM

But we could help with that! And it would be easy since you already have the 730. You could do a 500 or 700 series -- easy peasy! Though I have to say you should also look into the color pfurple if you want to save some bucks.....

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

Sibilance7
Sibilance7
Intermediate
Member since 8/10/11
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 0:24 AM

Ooh, I saw this earlier today at work and have been thinking about it all day! I would obviously replace my Pfaff Creative Performance with the same. I don't think I have any desire to upgrade to the Creative Sensation - it's not purple! I like my Bernina 430, but since it's discontinued and since I don't like the CFL lighting on it anyway, I'd replace that with a 550. I'm up to $8500 going by prices at my dealers. Then I'd have to replace my Enlighten with the same because I love it, which would bring me up to $10,300. And I'd want the Babylock Coverstitch, which I believe would put me around $11,500. That would leave me $500 to spend on feet and accessories!

I think the moral of this story is that I'm incredibly lucky to already have almost everything I want! I'd love to have some sewing furniture to house all my machines, but it would cost a ton because I'd need something very collapsible and modular for my tiny apartment. It would have to be custom and I'm sure it would cost a bazillion dollars. My husband and I have done some building together so we know our way around a saw and whatnot, so I've considered building something ourselves. I don't know how beautiful it would be, but I can guarantee that it would work - we sleep on a lofted bed with a walk-in closet underneath that we built ourselves, and it's super sturdy!

------
My blog: www.feministstitch.com

I sew on:
Olivia, my Pfurple Pfaff Creative Performance
BabyLock Evolution

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Let's play a game

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Simplicity 2675

photo
by: alimmay

Review
Ottobre Woman Magazine 05-2012-7

photo
by: dolcevita

Review
Bluegingerdoll The Ava Jacket Paper Pattern

Bluegingerdoll The Ava Jacket Paper Pattern

Buy Now
Paradiso Designs Carry-All Shoulder Bag Pattern

Paradiso Designs Carry-All Shoulder Bag Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.