SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > End of the Month Sewing Budget ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
End of the Month Sewing Budget
... toys, toys, toys!
RipStitcher
star
RipStitcher
Advanced
CO
Member since 5/28/12
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 9:57 AM

It's end of the month... and I honestly should be a good girl and not be thinking about this... lol.....

But my Elna dealer called last night... and my red ElnaPress came in yesterday. There goes $200 for upgrading from my Opal - just so that beeeeutious red press will be matchy-matchy to my Janome Horizon. How bad-*ss is that? (this is a sickness, isn't it?)

Then the Babylock dealer is having a John Deere (or is it "Deer"?) weekendy seminar in October.. but, IIRC, if I register before the end of this month, it's $50 less - so something like $150. (I guess I better call there today). I want to attend this one because I would get to play with an Ellisimo Gold for the weekend.

Oh... then I still wanna pick up a second Elna New Lotus - I got one for the grandbabe's 7th birthday in July - and it's a fabulous little machine. There is a $100 rebate going on that machine till the end of the month. If I get the second one (for me mostly as a traveler machine), then she could take hers home from here and still have mine to work with when she's with me. That *might* encourage her mom to get more involved and I think they'd have fun playing with hers at their house.

There's no end to this.

Again (said this before!), maybe I should take up watercolor painting instead. lol

------
~~~YAY! ~~~ I finally published my first pattern!
See demo video on: www.BionicGearBag.com
My personal blog: www.RipStitcher.com

Wish list:
Bernina 550QE (for it's cute little footprint)
Sashiko
Ovation serger

Love my Babylock Ellisimo Gold & ElnaPress

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to RipStitcher <<

Date: 8/29/12 11:48 AM

"Again (said this before!), maybe I should take up watercolor painting instead. lol"

It might be cheaper lol

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

horsegirl

horsegirl  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MI USA
Member since 11/18/07
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 11:51 AM

Why do I think those watercolors would be from the best supplied studio on the planet?

------
My Years of Sewing Fearlessly

Babylock Decorator's Choice
Babylock Quilter's Choice
Babylock Sashiko
Babylock Imagine
Babylock Coverstitch
Singer 500a "Rocketeer"
Janome 673
Elna Lotus SP
Singer 27 treadle
Singer 99

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 12:12 PM

I'm glad the red press is in. I want to see pictures of it side by side with the Horizon.

Yes, you have a disease. It is similar to SMAD, but for accessories. So far, there is no cure... and honestly, would you really want one????

------
I really enjoy quilting. I love to play with fabrics, colors and pictures. I recently discovered how much fun applique can be. As I love making pictures, landscape quilting can be challenging, but seeing the picture come to life is so rewarding.
Bernina 630, my main machine
Pfaff 2036, my class machine
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

CosmicFabulosity
CosmicFabulosity
Intermediate
VA
Member since 12/15/07
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 2:40 PM

I doubt painting would be much cheaper... canvases, easels, paints, palettes, brushes (especially good brushes!)... it's never ending. I made the mistake of trying to learn how to airbrush and between the airbrush, compressor, paints... argh! That could have been a nice new toy for the sewing room.

------
www.iamchristianmichael.com
I'm proof that men really will ask for directions :-D
Bernina 240 & 130, Pfaff 1222E & 2020, Singer 503, Janome 3434D, closet way too full of spandex and I think there is a puppy somewhere in this mess.

RipStitcher
star
RipStitcher
Advanced
CO
Member since 5/28/12
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 5:17 PM

Gotta pick up my granddaughter from school at 3:30 (just a few minutes) ... but thinkin' I might have time to fly up to the Elna shop to get my press ... and still be back here for a 5:30 client.

I just hate how work gets in the way of havin' fun! lol

------

Wish list:
Sashiko
Ovation serger

Pj3g
star
Pj3g  Friend of PR
Intermediate
WI USA
Member since 2/14/11
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/29/12 8:46 PM

As a Grandma myself, I definitely vote for buying the second Elna so your GD can take one machine home. You can give her fun sewing homework. You and her could make a tote for her to carry her sewing projects back and forth, and on and on.

I'm already sewing with my 4 year old (5 in a couple weeks) GD. She is super pumped up and I intend to keep it going!

------
Thank you Lord for my Mother who taught me the joy of sewing, for my Father who encouraged my sewing, for the talent You gave me to sew, and for all the special people in my life to sew for.

RipStitcher
star
RipStitcher
Advanced
CO
Member since 5/28/12
Send Message

In reply to horsegirl <<

Date: 8/31/12 0:14 AM

Quote: horsegirl
Why do I think those watercolors would be from the best supplied studio on the planet?

heh heh....

I'm ***trying*** to slide back into this whole sewing thing gradually.

Gradually to **what** you might ask! lol

Oh man... I've been bad. Really, really bad these past 3-4 months. But you don't see a new Ellisimo Gold or Janome 12000 in my arsenal yet.

So he!!, what's another few bucks?

Yeah... I'm probably gonna pick up a Lotus tomorrow when I trade out the Elna Presses.

Oh.. and if all of this isn't quite sick enough... I bought a brand new ElnaPress Alize (hadn't even heard of this model before yesterday) off of Craigslist for a whoppin' $50. It's still brand new in the box. WTH did I need to go and do this for?!?!? lol... seriously... this one is either going to be given to a friend of mine I've had since high school back in Minnesota that sews... or methinks I might just throw it back on Craigslist for $200.

Remember.... I'm also the one that picked up about $2,000 worth of quilting fabric off of Craigslist for $60 a week or so ago. lol

I'm ***trying*** to behave. Really I am.

------

Wish list:
Sashiko
Ovation serger

LuceLu
star
LuceLu  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 8/4/06
Send Message

Date: 8/31/12 9:15 AM

Oh I understand the obession with the right color in the sewing room. With me, it's not red, it's purple. And I wasn't even a huge purple color lover before Vi.

Le Sigh....

Sibilance7
Sibilance7  Friend of PR
Intermediate
IL
Member since 8/10/11
Send Message

Date: 8/31/12 3:22 PM

Agh, I wish I could find an Elna Press on Craigslist for such a deal! I don't think anyone can be expected to be "good" in the face of such things!

------
My blog: www.feministstitch.com

I sew on:
Olivia, my Pfurple Pfaff Creative Performance
BabyLock Evolution

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> End of the Month Sewing Budget

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Vogue Patterns 2952

photo
by: Nikki

Review
Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Buy Now
Sew Liberated Clara Dress Pattern

Sew Liberated Clara Dress Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.