SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Plus Size Sewing > Have you seen the new plus size Burdas?! ( Moderated by JEF)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Have you seen the new plus size Burdas?!
My goodness, they're actually flattering!
barebear
star
barebear
Advanced Beginner
Yukon Territory CANADA
Member since 12/1/09
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 8/29/12 12:43 PM

Everyday Equestrian

I'm in love with them all! Seriously, these are lovely. It's such a nice change from the drapy, shapeless, unflattering crap they've been putting out lately. I'm not sure if these are in the magazine or just as patterns, but I need them all NOW!

------
sewingonpins.blogspot.com

Elcue
Elcue  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 6/13/12
Send Message

In reply to barebear <<

Date: 8/29/12 1:11 PM

Those are very nice designs. They are not in August 2012 Burda plus, mostly just the drapey crap.

barebear
star
barebear
Advanced Beginner
Yukon Territory CANADA
Member since 12/1/09
Send Message

In reply to Elcue <<

Date: 8/29/12 1:11 PM

Maybe September? I think they were just launched yesterday on the website. Oh please be in the September issue!

------

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
Ontario Canada
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

In reply to Elcue <<

Date: 8/29/12 1:14 PM

Quote:
They are not in August 2012 Burda plus

You're right, they're not from the plus section of the regular Burda magazine, they're from the fall-winter Burda Plus magazine.

I'm not sure all these would flatter all figures -- on me, those dresses would look pretty bad. But there are some lovely things here. Burda rocks.

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

barebear
star
barebear
Advanced Beginner
Yukon Territory CANADA
Member since 12/1/09
Send Message

In reply to Vintage Joan <<

Date: 8/29/12 1:22 PM

Fair enough. I've been so disheartened by all the drapy stuff they've been doing, and this was a breath of fresh air. Look! Shaping! Parts of the garments that touch the body between the shoulders and hips! :D

------

solveg
star
solveg  Friend of PR
Beginner
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/16/12
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 1:23 PM

Wait, don't I HAVE the fall winter burda plus magazine? Didn't we just get that a few weeks ago? I don't remember really liking anything in it, but I LOVE these new patterns.

Now I'm confused. I just bought a subscription to Burda Plus, but I thought there were only 2 issues per year?
-- Edited on 8/29/12 1:24 PM --

Elcue
Elcue  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 6/13/12
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 1:28 PM

I have the burda style special, Autumn/Winter 2012. They are not in there that I can see.

This is my first ever burda magazine. I'm not sure about others. On the back cover they are advertising burda style NEW Classics that include some plus sizes.

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
Ontario Canada
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

In reply to Elcue <<

Date: 8/29/12 1:34 PM

Sorry -- OOOPS!!!!!!!!!! -- I got that wrong. I knew I'd seen these in a preview thread recently, but it was the September preview for the regular magazine. These are the plus items from that issue. Very sorry.................... crawls away............

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

solveg
star
solveg  Friend of PR
Beginner
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/16/12
Send Message

Date: 8/29/12 1:39 PM

So does that mean I can't get them? Can you buy a single issue of the regular Burda magazine somewhere? I'd really like to make them some day.

OK..help me out here.
Are all of the store patterns in the magazines? Is it possible that the plus size patterns from the regular magazine will be reprinted in the plus size magazine? Are there burda magazines from other countries that contain different patterns? Are all the patterns from the magazines downloadable?

-- Edited on 8/29/12 1:46 PM --

Elcue
Elcue  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 6/13/12
Send Message

In reply to solveg <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 8/29/12 1:48 PM

You can buy the patterns from the website for $5.30 each. I've never traced off a magazine pattern but it looks daunting. Joanns will have burda patterns on sale Sept. 6th - 8th for $2.49.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Plus Size Sewing >> Have you seen the new plus size Burdas?!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Register

Vogue Patterns 8263

photo
by: wildberrym...

Review
Islander Sewing Systems Irish Coat Pattern Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Irish Coat Pattern Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Large Tote and Satchel Pattern

You Sew Girl Large Tote and Satchel Pattern

Buy Now
Macphee sewing workshop 67

photo
by: Nan Kay

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.