SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Letter from Juki ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Letter from Juki
Regarding the TL2010Q
Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

Date: 9/1/12 6:33 PM

Anybody else receive a letter from Juki stating that there was a batch of machines (mine included) that have a faulty thread trimming solenoid? And saying that they want to exchange the machine for a brand new machine of the same model?

I found it odd that they were not offering to fix the machine, but instead want to completely replace the machine. My husband, being the cynic that he is says we better make sure this is the real deal before putting the machine in the mail if we must send it back before receiving the replacement. I'm not really worried, but thought I would ask if anyone else received such a letter.

I have not had any trouble with my machine--the only part I consider faulty is the threader--and it isn't really faulty--just not nearly as nice as those on other machines. Otherwise I think this machine is darn near perfect. That said, if it has a faulty part I do think I want to exchange it since it could have issues in the future, and the cutter is one of the best things about the machine.

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

PortlandMaine
star
PortlandMaine  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
ME USA
Member since 1/29/11
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 9/1/12 7:22 PM

OK - your DH was right .. the letter was from me.

I really am thinking about the JUKI!

------
Quilting up a storm!

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to PortlandMaine <<

Date: 9/1/12 7:24 PM

It is awesome! I think you would love it.

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

PortlandMaine
star
PortlandMaine  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
ME USA
Member since 1/29/11
Send Message

Date: 9/1/12 7:42 PM

The Juki takes normal home machine needles -- that right?

------
Quilting up a storm!

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
VT USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

In reply to Sonoma33 <<

Date: 9/1/12 7:48 PM

I bet you are going to call the JUKI people here in the US about this. I think your DH is correct, but it *IS* probably true. Who knows. Interesting to know what you find out!

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
LA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to Sonoma33 <<

Date: 9/1/12 8:05 PM

Sounds fishy. Id check with the dealer.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to PortlandMaine <<

Date: 9/1/12 8:08 PM

Yep! It sure does.

------

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to Mufffet <<

Date: 9/1/12 8:13 PM

The letter is from Juki North America. The address on the letterhead matches the address on their website. They said to call (same number as website) or email, but they didn't include an email address. I went ahead and looked up contacts on their site, and the letter is from someone not listed. There is someone else listed in that role--so I will reach out to them on Monday. I think I will also reach out to my dealer to double check.

The letter references my serial number. So, it probably is fine. I have the original box and everything, so its not like somebody found info on a box thrown away...

The letter states how important it is to have satisfied customers so although I may never have a problem, because mine was manufactured with a set where they found the faulty part they want to replace it to ensure happy customers.

I'd consider that GREAT customer service.

------

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/1/12 8:39 PM

Huh! Interesting!

I got a similar letter from Singer about my Featherweights. Which is weird because I bought mine used, obviously, so how did they know the serial numbers? I'm to send them to an address in Canada...

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to Maia B <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/1/12 8:45 PM

Bwhahahaha. I bet I know where they are headed!

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Letter from Juki

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Simplicity 4076

photo
by: Karen2931

Review
Simplicity 2573

photo
by: julliams

Review
Katy Bags

Katy Bags

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Sling Pattern

You Sew Girl Sling Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.