SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > http://digitized-embroidery-designs.com/ ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
http://digitized-embroidery-designs.com/
Who has used this site?
jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
TX USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

Date: 9/8/12 4:34 PM

Okay, I've done my due diligence and have searched website reviews and even the forums. I cannot find any information on this website that sells embroidery designs. So, before I go signing up with them, has anyone used them and if so, what sort of service did you get? Are they legit? Thanks!

http://digitized-embroidery-designs.com/

------
Evelyn: Pfaff Creative Performance
Helen V: Babylock Companion BL1550

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
CA USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

In reply to jynclr <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/8/12 5:13 PM

Have not used them, but no they are not legit at all. As just unwilling to even put their telephone # or address even on their website at all. That probably has even a whole lot to do with all those Charity and Organizations embroidery designs they are selling, if they are really selling anything. And not planning to just keep your money and give you nothing. Just because they probably don't want any real contact info on there, and no paper or even virtual trail left at all, because they are afraid the real American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Better Business Bureau, the ASE Certified Automotive Service, the Girl Scouts, the Boy Scouts, Unicef, the United Way and just all sorts of other organizations are all going to come after them.

So, if they would rip off all those other organizations, (and make and sell embroidery designs that let cooks try to impersonate employees of those organizations) and handle things like that there, why do you think they would suddenly be "legit" with you either?

I think just avoid like the plague!

StitchBuddy
StitchBuddy
Beginner
GERMANY
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to beauturbo <<

Date: 9/8/12 5:54 PM

Quote: beauturbo
Just because they probably don't want any real contact info on there, and no paper or even virtual trail left at all, because they are afraid ...

I do agree that leaving no contact info is suspicious for commercial sites (it's illegal in Germany), but it won't protect the owner against law suits etc. It's easy to find the person who has registered an internet domain name (I just masked the real name / address):

Registrant:
xxxx yyyy
1234 zzzz
Citrus Heights, California 95621
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)

Mattes

------
StitchBuddy - Embroidery on Macs, iPhones and iPads

jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
TX USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

In reply to StitchBuddy <<

Date: 9/8/12 7:28 PM

Doing a whois is a good idea, StitchBuddy. The address registered to the business is a house. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was a digital designer and had software that converted digital designs to embroidery stitch files.

I bet this is a legit and the guy is trying to make a few extra bucks on the side. May have even started out as doing something for a girlfriend, or wife or himself if he's into embroidery and decided to make a business of it.

------

jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
TX USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

Date: 9/8/12 9:26 PM

Quick reply. I took a chance on the website. I went ahead and purchased a few embroidery designs. I purchased via paypal and when I was shunted over to paypal, I made sure it was a paypal server and not some site that is fishing for paypal passwords. I got an immediate download.

I'm about to try a couple of the designs I purchased. I'll post a review of the site.

Thank you for the responses. :)

------

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
OH USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

Date: 9/8/12 9:41 PM

Just as I was going to say........Hello, my name is Peggy!!

------
I dont give them Hell, I just tell the truth about them and they think its Hell. Harry Truman

"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
TX USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<

Date: 9/8/12 10:01 PM

Quote: PattiAnnJ
Just as I was going to say........Hello, my name is Peggy!!

So far, a few of the files that the Creative Performance is supposed to be able to load won't load. However, I converted them to the default .VP3 file and they're loading fine. I'm about to stitch a couple out.

-- Edited on 9/8/12 10:02 PM --

------

mastdenman
star
mastdenman  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA USA
Member since 1/12/04
Send Message

Date: 9/8/12 10:53 PM

I just clicked over to the website and my NOD32 antivirus blocked it, so be careful.

------
Marilyn

January 2009 to January 2010 81 yards out and 71yards in January 2010 to the present 106.7 yards out and 146.5 yards in. January 2011 to the present: 47 yards out and 69 yards in.

jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
TX USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

In reply to mastdenman <<

Date: 9/8/12 11:09 PM

Quote: mastdenman
I just clicked over to the website and my NOD32 antivirus blocked it, so be careful.

Thank you for the warning, however, I have already purchased from there. I am currently embroidering some designs I have purchased from there. They look like very quality designs. While my machine is not finished, so far the embroidery is a very good quality.

I will update this thread with my review of the site.

-- Edited on 9/8/12 11:38 PM --

------

jynclr
jynclr
Advanced Beginner
TX USA
Member since 12/20/11
Send Message

Date: 9/10/12 0:16 AM

I posted a review of this website here.

Digitized Embroidery Designs

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> http://digitized-embroidery-designs.com/

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Burda Coat

photo
by: SuzyBee

Review
You Sew Girl 150mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 150mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Buy Now
PerfectFuse Medium White

PerfectFuse Medium White

Buy Now
Kwik Sew 3420

photo
by: BrendaJoyc...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.