SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Vogue patterns at Joann's ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Vogue patterns at Joann's
jander
jander  Friend of PR
Member since 8/4/06
Send Message

Date: 9/15/12 6:55 PM

I tried again today to buy a few of the new Vogue fall patterns at Joann's sale. They still aren't there. The new catalogs aren't even there. Is this just a problem in Utah? Has anyone been able to buy these patterns at Joann's yet? I know there is usually some delay between the release of the Vogue Pattern magazine and the arrival of the patterns but this seems unusually long. Am I just tooo anxious to get my hands on 1315? Looks like the perfect cozy winter dress to me.

pammur
pammur
Intermediate
Member since 7/24/06
Send Message

Date: 9/15/12 7:55 PM

I purchased that pattern today at JoAnn store in Concord, CA. But usually the newer patterns are at another JoAnn store first. Good luck!

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

In reply to jander <<

Date: 9/15/12 8:54 PM

I didn't even try for any Vogues at my local JoAnn's yesterday. I did go through the McCall's pattern book which was on the table, and chose 6 patterns. Only two were in the drawers. The others, all new, didn't even have number dividers in the drawer. Out of 6 Burda's only two were in stock also. I did notice that there was only one pattern of each Burda in the drawer. If you want a popular one, it may take you weeks to get it, unless you are there the day they stock them.

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

Lynnelle
starstarstar
Lynnelle  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 4/8/07
Board Moderator
Send Message

Subject: Topic moved Date: 9/15/12 9:24 PM

This topic has been moved from Fashion Styles and Trends to Patterns and Notions

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to jander <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 9/15/12 9:24 PM

I gave up and started ordering the Vogue patterns online when they have a sale, usually 3.99. I keep an eye on the basket for shipping to keep the price down. I think that the shipping stays the same in my area for 1-4 patterns and takes a jump at 5 patterns, and so on. Even though JoAnn's is close, I was wasting too much time getting few, or none, of the Vogue patterns on sale. Played havoc with my sewing plans too.

I just started doing this this year. Already, I've caught a sale that was ending just as the new patterns were introduced. It seemed that the sale prices were gone the next day. So, it helps to keep an eye on the site if you are watching for the new patterns. Also picked some fantastic discontinued Vogue patterns from the site this year when they had a 1.99 sale on those.
-- Edited on 9/15/12 9:31 PM --

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

RebeccaMarie
starstar
RebeccaMarie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/5/12
Send Message

Date: 9/16/12 9:42 AM

Speaking of sales, there's a big one on the Vogue (and Butterick/McCalls/KwikSew) sites right now, through Thursday. Great time to grab that pattern.

------
Humor, DIY escapades, pop culture, kitsch and creative miscellany from a bipolar bureaucrat with a sewing machine, a bottle of prozac, and an occasionally loose grip on reality -- http://sewciopathic.com ... plus, stuff for sale(!) at sewciopathic.etsy.com.

n45
n45
Intermediate
Maryland USA
Member since 6/26/03
Send Message

In reply to RebeccaMarie <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 9/16/12 12:34 PM

True. I gave up on Jo's last year. The sales online are significant and shippping and handling for under 5 patterns for me is only 4 USD. That's less than the price of gas to drive to my nearest Joanns only to not have the patterns I wanted in stock or not in my size.

jander
jander  Friend of PR
Member since 8/4/06
Send Message

Date: 9/16/12 1:05 PM

Thanks so much for all your input. I can see that I need to rejoin Club BMV. I didn't realize their sales were so good now.

Again, thanks! Headed to BMV website.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to RebeccaMarie <<

Date: 9/16/12 1:25 PM

Wow, great pricing on this sale!

Jander, thanks for the timely topic.

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

NottaWadder
star
NottaWadder
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/17/12
Send Message

Date: 9/16/12 2:17 PM

I am another one who gave up on Joann's for patterns (and pretty much everything else except for last minute got to haves). There are nover any books to look through and when I do find something that number is always gone.

I got in on the BMV sale today.... I have not joined yet and even at that I am pleased with the prices I get when there is a sale.

------
My Singer crew:
Sergei - Serger 14T968DC (set up as coverstitch)
Stella - Serger Stylist II 14J250 (set up as main overlock)
Quincy - Quantum 9960 (my main SM)
Newest addition: Stevie, my very first Featherweight! (221 Centennial)

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Vogue patterns at Joann's

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket

Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket

Buy Now
Petite Plus 204 Pattern

Petite Plus 204 Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.