SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Lost Dongle for Bernina Designer software ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Lost Dongle for Bernina Designer software
Embroidery software troubleshooting
brookeb
brookeb
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 9/17/12
Send Message

Date: 9/17/12 4:53 PM

Please help! I purchased my new Bernina Artista and Designer software less than a year ago and I have lost the security dongle. I was so careful to always keep track of it but it got lost on a recent trip and it is nowhere to be found. My dealer says I have to purchase a new software package ($1700+)!! Any ideas on how to get a replacement or get Bernina to replace it? I am desperate as I can't afford another software purchase.

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to brookeb <<

Date: 9/17/12 5:00 PM

I have heard (After reading the posts it seems that I have heard wrong!) that sometimes the dealer can try to work on your behalf with Bernina on this. If they won't, I would appeal directly to Bernina and include documentation on the purchase.

Do you use a credit card with one of those theft/loss type coverages?

Upside down edit to Sonoma since I don't want to get anyone's hopes up - OUCH

And further edit after reading more posts, OUCH, OUCH and OUCH!

I've kept the extension on mine and store it in a hard eyeglass case in a drawer with treasured things. But, geez, louise, there has to be a middle ground on this.
-- Edited on 9/18/12 9:54 PM --

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to brookeb <<

Date: 9/17/12 5:02 PM

I was not able to get Bernina to replace mine--I tried and my dealer tried. My dongle was thrown away when brand new at Christmas--us not realizing the dongle was on the other side of the box in a separate little container and me never having dongle based security before.

My dealer offered me new software at cost.

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to a7yrstitch <<

Date: 9/17/12 5:03 PM

My dealer tried hard on my behalf. Bernina would not budge for me or my dealer.

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

Date: 9/17/12 5:07 PM

See if your home owners insurance will cover the loss........it could have been stolen by gremlins!

------
"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 9/17/12 5:46 PM

Trying the homeowners is an option. I so feel for you. My son had a nasty habit of taking my flash drives. He lost my ASG chapters flash drive which had years of stuff on it. I told him I fly him to the moon if he touched my Bernina dongle. If you do get another, put one of those extensions on it. They are cheap, and make it harder to lose. And it protects the connection.
I do so hope you have a food result.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

brookeb
brookeb
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 9/17/12
Send Message

In reply to a7yrstitch <<

Date: 9/17/12 6:04 PM

Thank you for your advice. No, I don't use a credit card with that type of coverage but I may try to contact Bernina, although I don't expect they will help....

brookeb
brookeb
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 9/17/12
Send Message

In reply to Sonoma33 <<

Date: 9/17/12 6:09 PM

Wow, that is so sad! I can't believe these embroidery software companies can treat customers this way and do nothing to help. This software is more expensive than my computer and the rest of the software on it! And they say "buy new software" if your dongle gets lost. Ridiculous...

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to brookeb <<

Date: 9/17/12 7:10 PM

While I do understand the premise behind it, and that they'd likely charge even more if they didn't do the dongle.....
I think they could offer some sort of insurance on it. Even my very expensive iPad has insurance, which i purchased with it. They have replaced it once and will do so one more time. For ANY reason whatsoever.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

ilesliemy
ilesliemy  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 2/25/05
Send Message

Date: 9/17/12 7:33 PM

Sometimes the software is for sale on EBay and that would be another way to get another dongle.
Leslie

------
Bernina Gal

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Lost Dongle for Bernina Designer software

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Class Details

Online Class
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Class Details

PerfectFuse Medium White

PerfectFuse Medium White

More Info
THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.