SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > October SUN SHINE THREAD!!!!! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
October SUN SHINE THREAD!!!!!
Happy All Month!!!!!!
skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

Date: 10/1/12 10:32 AM

October 1st today. The colors are peaking and the leaves are falling fast. Then its time to rake and make piles of fun!!!!!!
October is a full month of fun. From Octorber Fests, Colmubus day. Get this one on Oct 22 Its natianal Nut day!!!!
At the end of Oct. TRICK OR TREAT Day!!!!!!! (31st)
october is a good month to start Christmas gifts, craft gifts.
Happy birthday, anniversary, Or anything that is happening.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

Valerie Jo
star
Valerie Jo
Advanced Beginner
MO USA
Member since 8/2/09
Send Message

In reply to skae <<

Date: 10/1/12 3:06 PM

Thank you very much! My birthday is 10/8. I love October. I love Halloween. I love the cooler temps. And yes, get going on the Christmas gifts! Happy October to all!

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to Valerie Jo <<

Date: 10/1/12 4:20 PM

Early Happy Birthday Valerie Jo!

-- Edited on 10/6/12 11:39 AM --

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Canadian Jane
star
Canadian Jane
Advanced Beginner
AB CANADA
Member since 10/30/10
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/1/12 7:16 PM

I also LOVE October. Air is crisp, most of the leaves are down and then there is the best holiday ever - Halloween. I guess it isn't technically a holiday but it should be!

In Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend. While many of us have much to be grateful for, quite a few of us will focus on trying to eat our weight in all the fixin's. My personal favourite is Pumpkin Pie! (Pumpkin anything to be honest.)

My Dad also turns 88 this month. Still living on his own, in his two story townhouse, going to the gym nearly every day. He clearly did not read the memo about slowing down in retirement.

I have so much to be thankful for!! Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians.

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to skae <<

Date: 10/4/12 8:58 AM

Do you have snow today? Any pictures? I saw on the news heavy snow in northern Minnesota. WOW!

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^
DH eye tumor is starting to shrink! Yipee!! This is very good news.
My kid brother had a triple bypass ..he made it.through the surgery okay. Please keep him in your prayers. A long road to recovery ahead, as more heart issues found. Still so glad he is okay.
"Dear God...Help me out please!" ..Fr. Eric
Might I say ..Thank you +

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/4/12 8:59 AM

Happy Birthday Mittee Kitty turns 3 tomorrow!

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^
DH eye tumor is starting to shrink! Yipee!! This is very good news.
My kid brother had a triple bypass ..he made it.through the surgery okay. Please keep him in your prayers. A long road to recovery ahead, as more heart issues found. Still so glad he is okay.
"Dear God...Help me out please!" ..Fr. Eric
Might I say ..Thank you +

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

Date: 10/5/12 5:04 PM

Scored a last minute campsite for our favorite campground. This is major, we usually have to reserve 11 months advance.

Just found out that the local astronomy group is setting up while we are there for an open to the public star gazing session. Whoopee! (That's a genuine whoopee, not a circle the finger in the air dismissive whoopee.)

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to a7yrstitch <<

Date: 10/5/12 6:00 PM

Quote:
Just found out that the local astronomy group is setting up while we are there for an open to the public star gazing session. Whoopee! (That's a genuine whoopee, not a circle the finger in the air dismissive whoopee.)
Too cool! Years ago when DH and I went camping, an astronomy group set up near us. Several had very high powered Celestron telescopes, and one in particular, you could walk up to it via a small staircase, stand on the platform and look. I was invited to look--at Jupiter being bombarded by meteors. Oh my! What an experience!

So you enjoy yourself, and look for the best telescope; you'll see quite a lot!

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
ON
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

Date: 10/5/12 6:11 PM

I love the fall colors -- the whole palette, including the clouds, which are a richer grey.

I really don't like Halloween, except for the cuteness of the little kids, but (keeping this sunshiny, lol) in Canada we also have Thanksgiving in October, so that balances things out a bit. Our Thanksgiving is this coming Monday, although most people eat Thanksgiving dinner on the Sunday.

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

Changma
star
Changma  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 2/20/12
Send Message

Date: 10/5/12 6:33 PM

Wishing a wonderful Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> October SUN SHINE THREAD!!!!!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

New Look 6130

photo
by: Bootzey

Review
brerrabbit.com Jeans for American Girls

photo
by: HOWsMom

Review
Favorite Things Hushabye Baby Pattern

Favorite Things Hushabye Baby Pattern

Buy Now
Jennifer Stern The Perfectly Fitted Shirt by the Cup-Full Pattern ( Size 6-14(Cup A-DD) )

Jennifer Stern The Perfectly Fitted Shirt by the Cup-Full Pattern ( Size 6-14(Cup A-DD) )

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.