SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Spaces > Anyone recognize this cutting table? ( Moderated by Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Anyone recognize this cutting table?
Picture in Burdastyle book
stirwatersblue
star
stirwatersblue
Intermediate
Kansas USA
Member since 12/13/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/7/12 5:23 PM

I was checking out the preview of the Burdastyle Sewing Handbook on Amazon, when I came across this photograph of the author's (?) studio. Check out that awesome table! They only describe it, though (flat surface is ideal for cutting; drawers hide clutter, etc); there's no brand or sourcing info given in the caption.

Anyway, I thought it looked pretty sharp, and I was wondering if anyone at PR recognized it--is it a known brand or anything (Horn, Ikea, etc)?

Thanks!!

------
~Gem in the prairie

westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
United Kingdom
Member since 9/7/11
Send Message

In reply to stirwatersblue <<

Date: 10/7/12 5:28 PM

It's IKEA, part of the freestanding kitchen range: Varde Base Cabinet. (that's the UK IKEA site)

------
http://sewingnovice.blogspot.co.uk/
One woman. One sewing machine. One giant stack of fabric. What could possibly go wrong?

stirwatersblue
star
stirwatersblue
Intermediate
Kansas USA
Member since 12/13/08
Send Message

Date: 10/7/12 5:47 PM

Wow, that was fast! LOL Thanks!!

It looks like a really nice size, too (bigger than it appears in the photo): 176cm long x 65 cm deep (~70 x 25"). I'm not really in the market for a cutting table, but I am really drawn to all that storage below, which would be the perfect size for bolts of fabric or long rulers or....

We're finally getting an Ikea in our metro area; SO EXCITED! LOL

------
~Gem in the prairie

westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
United Kingdom
Member since 9/7/11
Send Message

In reply to stirwatersblue <<

Date: 10/7/12 6:00 PM

I have a friend who has the MOST amazing sewing room with all Ikea freestanding kitchen furniture, which is why I recognized it so fast! I have serious sewing room envy.
-- Edited on 10/7/12 6:01 PM --

------
http://sewingnovice.blogspot.co.uk/
One woman. One sewing machine. One giant stack of fabric. What could possibly go wrong?

ZugZug
ZugZug
Beginner
Texas USA
Member since 1/4/12
Send Message

Date: 10/7/12 7:41 PM

Ikea is an evil place....everytime I think I have settled on a layout/furniture for my sewing room, I see something else and get the itch to change it again....*sigh* They definately have a customer for life in me. We are remodeling one of our houses once our current one sells and we have managed to pick out EVERYTHING for it from Ikea, bath, kitchen, sewing, laundry, living room, den/office/library, bedroom... wonder if they give discounts if you do an entire Ikea house....like buy two rooms, get one free...hmmmm

Cocoyorkie
Cocoyorkie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Gauteng South Africa
Member since 12/3/09
Send Message

Date: 10/8/12 4:02 PM

I love Ikea furniture in their catalogues. I wish they were here in South Africa as they would have a customer in me. I see many things that would serve my home and organize it plenty.

Since I only have a tiny area for my sewing, space is at a premium and it's all to be packed away each time.

------
1994 Elna 2006 - Nell
Janome 8077 - Gemma
1957 Singer 99K - Victoria
1935 Singer 28K Hand Crank - TC (Temperamental Charlotte)
1970's - Singer 15NL Hand Crank - Howard
1960's Bernina Favorit 740 - as yet unnamed
Pre-1930's Jones Family CS Hand Crank - Jane

Cocoyorkie
Cocoyorkie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Gauteng South Africa
Member since 12/3/09
Send Message

Date: 10/8/12 4:02 PM

I love Ikea furniture in their catalogues. I wish they were here in South Africa as they would have a customer in me. I see many things that would serve my home and organize it plenty.

Since I only have a tiny area for my sewing, space is at a premium and it's all to be packed away each time.

------
1994 Elna 2006 - Nell
Janome 8077 - Gemma
1957 Singer 99K - Victoria
1935 Singer 28K Hand Crank - TC (Temperamental Charlotte)
1970's - Singer 15NL Hand Crank - Howard
1960's Bernina Favorit 740 - as yet unnamed
Pre-1930's Jones Family CS Hand Crank - Jane

CM_Sews
CM_Sews
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 9/18/04
Send Message

Date: 10/8/12 5:38 PM

Varde base cabinet, Ikea USA website

I like the height, just about 36-inches (90 cm) which is perfect for cutting, pinning, etc. standing up and NOT having to bend over. Ahhh, no back pain.

CMC

helen in oz
helen in oz
AUSTRALIA
Member since 12/2/10
Send Message

Date: 10/10/12 1:40 AM

I absolutely love the look of that Ikea Varde cabinet so hopped online to cost it. After all, there's Christmas coming up ... On the Ikea Australia site it's listed at $999! That's really expensive for self-assemble, and too much for my wallet, so I checked it out on the Ikea USA site, where it's a much more reasonable $379.

Grinding teeth at the way we get ripped off, and idly wondering how much it would cost to ship here from the US??

knitlitcamper
star
knitlitcamper
Advanced Beginner
Washington USA
Member since 3/2/08
Send Message

In reply to helen in oz <<

Date: 10/10/12 2:28 AM

I've been looking at different options in rearranging my sewing/craft area and came across some nice inexpensive cutting table ideas.

2 hollow core doors, 4 bookcases to make this attractive work top
economical attractive cutting table pinterest

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Spaces >> Anyone recognize this cutting table?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Self Drafted Pattern 78396-1003

photo
by: velosewer

Review
You Sew Girl Carry All Pattern

You Sew Girl Carry All Pattern

Buy Now
Favorite Things Little Prairie Girl Pattern

Favorite Things Little Prairie Girl Pattern

Buy Now
Self Drafted Pattern 234865-1005

photo
by: pegsewer

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.